The Ridge Post Acute is a small nursing home in San Jose, California. This is a very respectable nursing home. We gave it an overall grade of B, which is a respectable score. This facility definitely has plenty working in its favor. We were also pleased to find that this facility did not have any bad scores in any of the major categories. More information about its category grades can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
The Ridge Post Acute
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on San Jose senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our inspections rating. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining these inspection ratings. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be relatively minor. This facility received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered severe. This indicates that the inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies to cause an imminent threat to resident safety or health. A few minor dings are not necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, this nursing home also was awarded favorable long-term care scores this year. Indeed, we gave them one of our better grades in that area, with a score of B+. When nursing homes receive this kind of grade in this category it is typically a good sign for patient care and suggests that the facility is well-staffed with nurses and aids. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents out of the hospital. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about The Ridge Post Acute?
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B. Our nursing grade is based on the facility's nurse staffing levels. We look at both the levels of skill of the nurses and the amount of time spent with residents. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
Our next area is short-term care, where we gave this nursing home a C in this area. In determining our short-term care grades, we assess the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. This category is frequently a fair assessment of a facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. We weren't able to find information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents that were able to return home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was well below the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Ridge Post Acute Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Ridge Post Acute, 1.35% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Ridge Post Acute, 2.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Ridge Post Acute, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely linked to a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric may also be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Ridge Post Acute, 9.52% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents which were prescribed antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Ridge Post Acute, 7.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Ridge Post Acute, 0% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents exhibiting depressive symptoms. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Ridge Post Acute, 100% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Ridge Post Acute, 6.11% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Ridge Post Acute, 8.51% of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Ridge Post Acute, 8.51% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Ridge Post Acute, 14.4% of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Ridge Post Acute, 84.77% of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts argue this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for San Jose, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? San Jose, California has 6 other nursing homes
- Regional Medical Center of San JoseAcute Care Hospitals 2.35 miles away225 N Jackson Avenue San Jose California 95116Government - Federal(408) 259-5000
- O'connor HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.37 miles away2105 Forest Avenue San Jose California 95128Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 947-2500
- Santa Clara Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.4 miles away751 South Bascom Avenue San Jose California 95128Government - Local(408) 885-5000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-San JoseAcute Care Hospitals 8.17 miles away250 Hospital Parkway San Jose California 95119Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 972-7000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa ClaraAcute Care Hospitals 10.39 miles away700 Lawrence Expressway Santa Clara California 95051Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 236-6400
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.48 miles away2425 Samaritan Drive San Jose California 95124Proprietary(408) 559-2011
- Kaiser Permanente Psychiatric Health Facility-SantPsychiatric 10.64 miles away3840 Homestead Road Santa Clara California 95051Proprietary(408) 851-4850
- El Camino HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.85 miles away2500 Grant Road Mountain View California 94040Government - Hospital District or Authority(650) 940-7000
- Davita Eastridge Dialysis1.28 miles away3501 E Capitol Expressway San Jose California 95122Dialysis Stations: 24 (408) 239-0466
- Satellite Dialysis White Road1.4 miles away1450 S White Road #30 San Jose California 95127CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 272-9810
- Satellite Dialysis San Jose2.26 miles away2121 Alexian Drive San Jose California 95116CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 56 (408) 258-8720
- Aborn Dialysis Center2.91 miles away3162 S White Road San Jose California 95148CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (408) 223-0620
- Satellite Healthcare Evergreen2.93 miles away3251 South White Road, Suite 10 San Jose California 95148Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 766-6500
- Tully Dialysis Center3.21 miles away1290 Tully Rd Suite 80 San Jose California 95122CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (408) 993-8959
- Satellite Dialysis Silver Creek3.53 miles away1620 East Capitol Expressway San Jose California 95121CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (408) 754-3400
- Davita Silicon Valley Dialysis5.54 miles away725 Ridder Park., Ste 10 San Jose California 95131CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (408) 392-0390