Mt Lebanon Rehabilitation and Wellness Center is located in the densely populated metropolitan area of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This proved to be a quality facility, with an overall grade of B. The nursing homes in Pittsburgh received high grades across the board with a B+ city grade, making this one of the best places in Pennsylvania to find a nursing home. We were also pleased to find that this place did not have any weak links in any of the four major categories. More information about its category grades can be found below.
Mt Lebanon Rehabilitation and Wellness Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
350 Old Gilkeson Road,
Pittsburgh PA 15228
73.71% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our nursing grade. We assessed the skill-level of nurses at the facility, as well as the quantity of time the nurses were with patients, in computing our rating in this area. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home Pennsylvania in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by having a system of turning patients more frequently.
In addition, this facility also excelled in inspections, where it earned a grade of B+. Few nursing homes performed better in this category. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place was hit with 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies to cause an imminent threat to resident health or safety. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Mt Lebanon Rehabilitation and Wellness Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility is also strong in the area of short-term care, where it was awarded a score of B+. It outperformed most facilities in this area. In the category of short-term care, we endeavor to assess measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final item we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we assessed was long-term care. In this category, we awarded this facility a C. For prospective patients in need of a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. We found that this facility provided the vaccine to a relatively low 59.34718 percent of its residents, which is somewhat alarming. Nevertheless, this facility keeps its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Mt Lebanon Rehabilitation and Wellness Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Mt Lebanon Rehabilitation and Wellness Center, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term residents which suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Mt Lebanon Rehabilitation and Wellness Center, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who suffered falls leading to severe injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Mt Lebanon Rehabilitation and Wellness Center, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This figure tells you the percent of long-term care residents who have experienced a urinary tract infection. While a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it can be difficult to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Mt Lebanon Rehabilitation and Wellness Center, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are given to patients for a variety of medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Mt Lebanon Rehabilitation and Wellness Center, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Mt Lebanon Rehabilitation and Wellness Center, 3.12% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Mt Lebanon Rehabilitation and Wellness Center, 88.22% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Mt Lebanon Rehabilitation and Wellness Center, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Mt Lebanon Rehabilitation and Wellness Center, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term care patients that remained mobile levels.
In Mt Lebanon Rehabilitation and Wellness Center, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Mt Lebanon Rehabilitation and Wellness Center, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Mt Lebanon Rehabilitation and Wellness Center, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Mt Lebanon Rehabilitation and Wellness Center, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living usually correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
Scores for Pittsburgh, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania has 28 other nursing homes
- St Clair HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.18 miles away1000 Bower Hill Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15243Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 942-4000
- Upmc MercyAcute Care Hospitals 6.66 miles away1400 Locust Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15219Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 232-8111
- Jefferson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.2 miles away565 Coal Valley Road Clairton Pennsylvania 15025Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 469-5000
- Allegheny General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.35 miles away320 East North Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15212Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 359-3131
- Magee Womens Hospital of Upmc Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 7.57 miles away300 Halket Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Voluntary non-profit - Other(412) 641-4010
- Upmc Presbyterian ShadysideAcute Care Hospitals 7.77 miles away200 Lothrop Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 647-8788
- Ohio Valley General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.95 miles away25 Heckel Road Mc Kees Rocks Pennsylvania 15136Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 777-6161
- West Penn HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.35 miles away4800 Friendship Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15224Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 578-5000
- Davita - Bethel Park1.24 miles away6000 Alicia Drive Bethel Park Pennsylvania 15102Dialysis Stations: 4 (412) 833-2612
- Fresenius Kidney Care - South Hills2.12 miles away4651 Library Road Bethel Park Pennsylvania 15102Dialysis Stations: 18 (412) 835-1229
- Liberty Dialysis - Banksville3.23 miles away2875 Banksville Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15216CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (412) 343-3060
- Dci Renal Services of Pittsburgh, LLC - Banksville3.36 miles away2727 Banksville Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15216CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (412) 341-7410
- Davita - Jefferson Dialysis5.08 miles away14 Clairton Boulevard Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15236Dialysis Stations: 17 (412) 653-6007
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Three Rivers6.71 miles away1401 Forbes Avenue, Suite 250 Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15219Dialysis Stations: 16 (412) 281-8233
- Ara - Dialysis Unit at Ohio Valley Hospital LLC7.32 miles awayMedical Arts Building 27 Heckel Road, Suite 113 Mc Kees Rocks Pennsylvania 15136Dialysis Stations: 14 (412) 331-2423
- Total Renal Care Inc7.32 miles away5888 Steubenville Pike, Suite 4 Mc Kees Rocks Pennsylvania 15136Dialysis Stations: 5 (412) 787-0314