Mt Healthy Christian Home is a small non-profit facility in Cincinnati, Ohio. This facility is one of the most impressive facilities we found. A score of this caliber requires top-notch scores across the board. We can not find many bad things to say about this facility. Its scores are impeccable. Scroll down to see this nursing home's category scores, which are also impressive. It would be hard to find any major flaws in this place's profile.
Mt Healthy Christian Home
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving an elite overall grade, this facility also received an A+ inspection score. This grade is based on the facility's recent government inspections. An A+ in this area is one of the highest complements we can offer a facility. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection scores. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some are quite insignificant. This facility was hit with 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the government inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to pose an immediate risk to patient health or safety. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded a high-end short-term care score. In fact, this turned out to be this facility's second most impressive category grade. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. Our short-term care grades are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a vast range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final measure we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents that eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Mt Healthy Christian Home?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. Nursing grades are largely based on a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
In the final area, this nursing home also received a very strong long-term care rating, with a B+. This wrapped up an elite profile. When facilities receive this type of score in long-term care it is a good sign for resident care and suggests that the place is well-staffed with nurses aids. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 99.01478 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is significantly higher than the majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Mt Healthy Christian Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Mt Healthy Christian Home, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure tells you the percent of long-term stay residents which developed pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Mt Healthy Christian Home, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Mt Healthy Christian Home, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term residents who have sustained urinary tract infections. UTI's could be a sign of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this statistic could be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Mt Healthy Christian Home, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term care residents that were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such medications are not medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Mt Healthy Christian Home, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Mt Healthy Christian Home, 20% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Mt Healthy Christian Home, 90.19% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Mt Healthy Christian Home, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and bathing. Some believe that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Mt Healthy Christian Home, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term care residents who retained mobility levels.
In Mt Healthy Christian Home, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Mt Healthy Christian Home, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Mt Healthy Christian Home, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Mt Healthy Christian Home, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Cincinnati, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cincinnati, Ohio has 73 other nursing homes
- Mercy Health - West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.92 miles away3300 Mercy Health Blvd Cincinnati Ohio 45211Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 215-5000
- Mercy Health - Fairfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.08 miles away3000 Mack Road Fairfield Ohio 45014Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 870-7197
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.08 miles away375 Dixmyth Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45220Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 862-2646
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterChildrens 7.35 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45229Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 636-3333
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 7.59 miles away234 Goodman Street Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 584-1000
- Christ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.54 miles away2139 Auburn Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 585-2000
- Assurance Health Cincinnati LLCPsychiatric 10.01 miles away11690 Grooms Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Proprietary(513) 519-4947
- Bethesda NorthAcute Care Hospitals 10.89 miles away10500 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 865-1241
- Davita Affinity Place Dialysis0.82 miles away7700 Affinity Place Cincinnati Ohio 45231Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 521-0981
- Dca of Cincinnati0.83 miles away7600 Affinity Place Cincinnati Ohio 45231Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 931-7900
- Cinld, LLC1.76 miles away1555 Goodman Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45224Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 521-2018
- Davita - Winton Road Dialysis3.08 miles away6550 Winton Road Cincinnati Ohio 45224CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (513) 591-2900
- Davita - White Oak Home Dialysis3.39 miles away5520 Cheviot Road, Suite B Cincinnati Ohio 45247Dialysis Stations: 4 (513) 385-3580
- Davita - White Oak Dialysis3.39 miles away5520 Cheviot Road, Suite B Cincinnati Ohio 45247CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (513) 741-1062
- Fmc- Liberty Forest Fair LLC3.56 miles away1198 West Kemper Road Cincinnati Ohio 45240Dialysis Stations: 12 (513) 648-9175
- Dci - Forest Park3.74 miles away1075 Kemper Meadow Dr Cincinnati Ohio 45240Dialysis Stations: 15 (513) 522-6200