Methodist Retirement Communities - The Crossings is a small non-profit nursing home located in League City, Texas. This is an A rated facility, which is one of the highest grades we offer. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top fifth of all nursing homes in the nation. Headlining this nursing home's stellar report card is its inspection grade, which you can find in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Methodist Retirement Communities - The Crossings
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on League City senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Texas Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in League City, Texas Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Texas Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in League City, Texas Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this ended up being a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ in our inspections category. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had some deficiencies on its report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to its fine resume, this facility also was awarded an excellent long-term care grade, with a grade of A. Long-term care grades in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 96.36364 percent of its patients, which is better than the average nursing home. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Methodist Retirement Communities - The Crossings?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our next area, this nursing home also received a score of B+ for its short-term care rating. This is an above average score in this area. Our short-term care ratings are based on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This means a vast spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. It does not appear that this nursing home submitted registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.2 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
The final area we looked at is nursing. This facility received an above average nursing grade this year, with a grade of B. Even though this is not as dominant as several of its other grades, this is nevertheless one of our stronger scores for that area. Our nursing rating considers several factors. The most important variable is the quantity of hours nurses spent with residents. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some quality-based measures in this category. This nursing home fared well in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. For example, in terms of the number of its residents suffering from pressure ulcers, this nursing home performed better than the national average. This is generally an indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented with better nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Methodist Retirement Communities - The Crossings Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Methodist Retirement Communities - The Crossings, 5.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients who suffered from pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a solid barometer of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Methodist Retirement Communities - The Crossings, 4.55% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic measures the percent of long-term care patients which have experienced a fall leading to major injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Methodist Retirement Communities - The Crossings, 0.95% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. More frequent bathing can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Methodist Retirement Communities - The Crossings, 7.27% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Methodist Retirement Communities - The Crossings, 21.92% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of long-term stay residents which are administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally given to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Methodist Retirement Communities - The Crossings, 0.95% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression. High rates of depression could imply lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Methodist Retirement Communities - The Crossings, 95.45% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Methodist Retirement Communities - The Crossings, 23.19% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom. Many in the industry believe this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Methodist Retirement Communities - The Crossings, 20.41% of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Methodist Retirement Communities - The Crossings, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Methodist Retirement Communities - The Crossings, 20.41% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Methodist Retirement Communities - The Crossings, 8.93% of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Methodist Retirement Communities - The Crossings, 88.24% of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Houston Methodist St John HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.94 miles away18300 St John Drive Houston Texas 77058Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 333-5503
- Houston Physicians' HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.86 miles away333 N Texas Avenue Webster Texas 77598Physician(281) 335-1700
- Hca Houston Healthcare Clear LakeAcute Care Hospitals 3.05 miles away500 Medical Center Blvd Webster Texas 77598Proprietary(281) 332-2511
- St Luke's Patients Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.42 miles away4600 East Sam Houston Parkway South Pasadena Texas 77505Physician(281) 487-0700
- Surgery Specialty Hospitals of America Se HoustonAcute Care Hospitals 11.04 miles away4301 B Vista Pasadena Texas 77504Proprietary(713) 378-3000
- Hca Houston Healthcare SoutheastAcute Care Hospitals 11.6 miles away4000 Spencer Hwy Pasadena Texas 77504Proprietary(713) 359-1000
- Houston Methodist San Jacinto HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.09 miles away4401 Garth Road Baytown Texas 77521Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 420-8600
- Altus Baytown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.11 miles away1404 W Baker Road Baytown Texas 77521Physician(281) 837-7600
- South Shore Annex Dialysis1.33 miles away16750 Highway 3 Webster Texas 77598Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 332-4719
- Davita - South Shore Dialysis Center2.03 miles away212 I-45 South Suite G-3 League City Texas 77573Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 554-6050
- Clear Lake Kidney Center2.51 miles away1550 Live Oak Webster Texas 77598CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 554-4900
- Luxury Dialycare, Pllc2.79 miles away600 N. Kobayashi Rd. Suite 108 Webster Texas 77598Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 525-6427
- Bay City Regional Dialysis Center3 miles away200 Medical Center Court, Suite 200 Bay City Texas 77414Dialysis Stations: 16 (979) 323-0818
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc.3.05 miles away400 W Medical Center Blvd Ste 125 Webster Texas 77598Dialysis Stations: 13 (281) 332-0046
- Sng League City Dialysis, Lp3.64 miles away2785 Gulf Freeway S Suite 145 League City Texas 77573Dialysis Stations: 16 (832) 340-2404
- Victory Lakes Dialysis3.78 miles away3290 Gulf Freeway S Suite H Dickinson Texas 77539Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 337-2175