Mountain Villa Nursing Center is a small nursing home located in El Paso, Texas. Featuring an overall score of C, this appears to be a solid nursing home. Based on the data we reviewed, there are definitely far worse nursing homes out there. One of the better aspects of this nursing home's report card is its strong inspection reports, which we will address in the next section.
Mountain Villa Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
2729 Porter Ave,
El Paso TX 79930
91.87% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was not bad, it really fared well in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category, which is one of our best scores. Perhaps the most significant factor we consider in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Facilities with better grades in this area typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This nursing home was assessed 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies to be an imminent risk to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is always a good sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also performed favorably in the category of long-term care, with a very impressive grade of A- in this category. When facilities receive this type of score in this category it is typically a good sign for resident care and indicates that the facility is well-staffed with nurses aids. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 98.14815 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is more than the majority of nursing homes. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Mountain Villa Nursing Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this facility received an F for its short-term care score. In the area of short-term care, we seek to evaluate measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We look at a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. With its score in this area, we were not stunned to discover that this facility was well below average in terms of the quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its residents based on the measures we assessed. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who were able to return home from this nursing home. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
The last area we graded was nursing, which proved to be this facility's worst category. We gave it an abysmal F in this area, which is clearly a major concern. The nursing score includes many subcategories. The most heavily weighted factor is the number of hours nurses spent with patients. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing scores. This nursing home performed well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Mountain Villa Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Mountain Villa Nursing Center, 7.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Mountain Villa Nursing Center, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients which experienced a fall resulting in severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Mountain Villa Nursing Center, 1.52% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Mountain Villa Nursing Center, 10.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Mountain Villa Nursing Center, 22.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Mountain Villa Nursing Center, 4.84% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents showing signs of depression. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Mountain Villa Nursing Center, 93.69% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Mountain Villa Nursing Center, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate decline of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Mountain Villa Nursing Center, 13.47% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients who remained mobile levels. Many in the industry argue that the ability to move around is critical to patients mental and physical health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Mountain Villa Nursing Center, 13.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Mountain Villa Nursing Center, 66.29% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for El Paso, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of F
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? El Paso, Texas has 5 other nursing homes
- William Beaumont Amg (Ft Bliss)Acute Care - Department of Defense 1.19 miles away5005 N. Piedras St. El Paso Texas 79920Department of Defense(915) 742-2121
- Sierra Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.04 miles away1625 Medical Center Dr El Paso Texas 79902Proprietary(915) 747-4000
- University Medical Center of El PasoAcute Care Hospitals 2.83 miles away4815 Alameda Ave El Paso Texas 79905Government - Hospital District or Authority(915) 521-7602
- El Paso Psychiatric CenterPsychiatric 2.83 miles away4615 Alameda Avenue El Paso Texas 79905Government - State(915) 532-2202
- El Paso Children's HospitalChildrens 2.93 miles away4845 Alameda Avenue El Paso Texas 79905Voluntary non-profit - Private(915) 521-7148
- The Hospitals of Providence Memorial CampusAcute Care Hospitals 3.13 miles away2001 N Oregon St El Paso Texas 79902Proprietary(915) 577-6011
- Las Palmas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.14 miles away1801 North Oregon Street El Paso Texas 79902Proprietary(915) 521-1200
- Foundation Surgical Hospital of El PasoAcute Care Hospitals 10.73 miles away1416 George Dieter El Paso Texas 79936Proprietary(915) 598-4240
- Zillmar Dialysis LLC1.44 miles away2929 Montana Ave El Paso Texas 79903Dialysis Stations: 25 (915) 566-0634
- Dsi El Paso North, LLC1.52 miles away3359 Fred Wilson Ave El Paso Texas 79904Dialysis Stations: 17 (915) 304-5816
- Mountain Pass Dialysis1.97 miles away5612 Dyer Street El Paso Texas 79904Dialysis Stations: 24 (915) 564-5052
- Central City Dialysis2.28 miles away1310 Murchison Drive Suite 200 El Paso Texas 79902CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (915) 533-0011
- Fresenius Medical Care Cliffview2.4 miles away1225 E Cliff Drive Suite 1-A El Paso Texas 79902Dialysis Stations: 20 (915) 532-6411
- Davita Mesa Vista Dialysis2.47 miles away1211 East Cliff Drive Suite C El Paso Texas 79902CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (915) 533-8147
- Sun City Dialysis Center2.57 miles away600 Newman Street El Paso Texas 79902CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (915) 351-2010
- Mission Hills Dialysis2.8 miles away2700 North Stanton El Paso Texas 79902CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (915) 351-0722