With an address in Mountain View, California, Mountain View Healthcare Center is one of a mere three nursing homes there. Featuring an overall score of B+, this facility should work for most prospective patients. Based on our assessment, you could do much worse than this nursing home. The best part of this nursing home's impressive report card was its nursing grade. We discuss nursing in the next section
Mountain View Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Catheter Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
On top of earning a great overall score, this nursing home also received an elite nursing score. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with an A. In determining a nursing home's nursing rating, we weigh the number of hours nurses are caring for residents as well as the level of skill of the nurses. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
Among this facility's other accomplishments is its top-shelf short-term care grade. We gave them one of our strongest grades in that category, with a grade of A-. With our short-term care category, we attempt to forge a valuable gauge for rehabilitation. In this process, we analyze the nursing home's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.5 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Mountain View Healthcare Center?
Another strong feature for this nursing home is that it excelled in inspections, with a B in that category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining our inspection scores. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are quite insignificant. Unfortunately, we were not able to find deficiency data for this nursing home. We would like to have more information about this nursing home. Without having access to all of the information regarding deficiencies, it is difficult to assess this nursing home in this category.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we graded was long-term care. In this area, we awarded this facility a strong grade of B. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in this category it typically means it has plenty of staff and is an overall good place to live on a permanent basis. After looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 99.354836 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is far higher than the majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Mountain View Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Mountain View Healthcare Center, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Mountain View Healthcare Center, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Mountain View Healthcare Center, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents which have sustained urinary tract infections. While a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it is problematic to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Mountain View Healthcare Center, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who are prescribed antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Mountain View Healthcare Center, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Mountain View Healthcare Center, 4.33% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Increased levels of depression may reveal lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Mountain View Healthcare Center, 95.72% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Mountain View Healthcare Center, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Mountain View Healthcare Center, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who retained mobility levels. Many in the industry believe that mobility is important for patients physical and mental health.
In Mountain View Healthcare Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Mountain View Healthcare Center, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Mountain View Healthcare Center, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Mountain View Healthcare Center, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some argue this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation services.
- El Camino HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.23 miles away2500 Grant Road Mountain View California 94040Government - Hospital District or Authority(650) 940-7000
- Kaiser Permanente Psychiatric Health Facility-SantPsychiatric 4.82 miles away3840 Homestead Road Santa Clara California 95051Proprietary(408) 851-4850
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa ClaraAcute Care Hospitals 5.13 miles away700 Lawrence Expressway Santa Clara California 95051Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 236-6400
- Stanford Health CareAcute Care Hospitals 7.1 miles away300 Pasteur Drive Stanford California 94305Voluntary non-profit - Private(650) 723-5708
- O'connor HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.33 miles away2105 Forest Avenue San Jose California 95128Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 947-2500
- Santa Clara Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.96 miles away751 South Bascom Avenue San Jose California 95128Government - Local(408) 885-5000
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.96 miles away2425 Samaritan Drive San Jose California 95124Proprietary(408) 559-2011
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Redwood CityAcute Care Hospitals 11.78 miles away1100 Veterans Boulevard Redwood City California 94063Voluntary non-profit - Private(650) 299-2000
- Davita El Camino Dialysis1.06 miles away412 West El Camino Real Mountain View California 94043Dialysis Stations: 24 (650) 962-1903
- Satellite Dialysis Mountain View1.16 miles away247 West El Camino Real Suite 100 Mountain View California 94040CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (650) 417-6420
- Wellbound of Mountain View1.16 miles away247 West El Camino Real Suite 200 Mountain View California 94040Dialysis Stations: 4 (650) 417-6460
- Satellite Dialysis Sunnyvale3.67 miles away155 North Wolfe Rd Sunnyvale California 94086CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 617-1887
- Davita Santa Clara Dialysis Center5.09 miles away777 Lawrence Expressway Santa Clara California 95051Dialysis Stations: 24 (408) 243-1130
- Lucile Packard Stanford Pediatric Dialysis5.59 miles away725 Welch Road Pediatric Dialysis Rm 1229 Palo Alto California 94304Dialysis Stations: 6 (650) 498-5544
- San Jose at Home6.26 miles away4400 Stevens Creek Blvd. Suite 50 San Jose California 95129Dialysis Stations: 4 (408) 985-2011
- Stevens Creek Dialysis Center6.31 miles away275 Di Salvo Ave San Jose California 95128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (408) 297-0103