With an address in Euclid, Ohio, Mount Saint Joseph Rehab Center is one of just a few available facilities in this area. We awarded it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the pack rating. Based on our analysis, there are definitely much worse facilities out there. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's report card is its stellar inspection score, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Mount Saint Joseph Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was decent, it really excelled in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category, which is one of our highest scores. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection grades. One critical factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being quite insignificant. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
The second best area we gave this nursing home in any area came in the category of short-term care, where we awarded it a B-. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to assess measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final metric we considered in this area is the number of residents who ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Mount Saint Joseph Rehab Center?
We also gave this nursing home a decent score in the category of nursing care, with a grade of C. In determining our nursing scores, we assess both nursing hours and the skill levels of the nurses. This facility provides only 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is a somewhat uninspiring figure which is well below the national average. Finally, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this nursing home actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is typically an indicator that a nursing home has quality controls in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at was long-term care. We awarded it a grade of C in that category. This is a decent grade in this category. Long-term care scores are important for people seeking non-healthcare services such as personal care. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 99.58159 percent of its patients, which is more than the majority of nursing homes. This nursing home also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Mount Saint Joseph Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Mount Saint Joseph Rehab Center, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Mount Saint Joseph Rehab Center, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls which result in injury are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Mount Saint Joseph Rehab Center, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Mount Saint Joseph Rehab Center, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs may be used for treating a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Mount Saint Joseph Rehab Center, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Mount Saint Joseph Rehab Center, 20.26% of Patients
This is the percent of patients exhibiting depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression may be a sign lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Mount Saint Joseph Rehab Center, 90.12% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Mount Saint Joseph Rehab Center, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Mount Saint Joseph Rehab Center, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Mount Saint Joseph Rehab Center, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Mount Saint Joseph Rehab Center, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Mount Saint Joseph Rehab Center, 12 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Mount Saint Joseph Rehab Center, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Uhhs Richmond Heights HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.24 miles away27100 Chardon Road Cleveland Ohio 44143Proprietary(440) 585-6170
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.83 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 5.83 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Hillcrest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.92 miles away6780 Mayfield Road Cleveland Ohio 44124Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 312-4500
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 6.54 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.14 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.01 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.69 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.1.66 miles away25301 Euclid Avenue Euclid Ohio 44117CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (216) 732-3750
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group Euclid2.19 miles away26450 Euclid Ave. Euclid Ohio 44132Dialysis Stations: 21 (216) 731-0513
- Fmc - Huron Dialysis Center4.06 miles away13944 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44112Dialysis Stations: 22 (216) 541-5880
- Community Dialysis Center5.29 miles away27350 Cedar Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 12 (216) 378-1580
- Community Dialysis Center6.19 miles away11717 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 80 (216) 229-1100
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group Home Dialysis Program6.44 miles away2429 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive 2nd Floor Cleveland Ohio 44120Dialysis Stations: 5 (216) 421-1013
- Fmc - Cleveland Clinic East6.44 miles away2429 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Cleveland Ohio 44104CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 56 (216) 368-0004
- University Hospitals of Cleveland - Dialysis6.49 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue, Suite 2100 Cleveland Ohio 44106Dialysis Stations: 20 (216) 844-1585