Mount Pleasant Manor is a large facility located in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina. With an overall score of B-, this is likely a solid facility. You can definitely do worse than this place. The best part of this nursing home's report card is its stellar inspection grade. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Mount Pleasant Manor
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
We want to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home outperformed its overall score in the category of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, we gave it one of our best scores in this area with an A+. Arguably the most significant factor we look at in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher grades in this area typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the area of long-term care, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- in that area. When facilities receive a grade in this range in long-term care it typically means it's well-staffed and is an overall good place to live on a permanent basis. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 98.73684 percent of its patients. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients out of the hospital. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Mount Pleasant Manor?
Another strength of this facility is its favorable grade in nursing. We gave them one of our better scores in that area, with an D. When computing a nursing home's nursing grade, we look at the number of hours nurses are with residents as well as the level of licensure of the nurses. This particular nursing home offered a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This figure is far below the national average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing ratings. This nursing home fared well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these datapoints to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we looked at is short-term care, proved to be this facility's worst category. We gave this nursing home a grade of D in this category. This was one of just a few weak links in a very solid profile. Short-term care grades are often used to measure a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. To have highly graded rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to have higher levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other types of therapists. Unfortunately, we found that this facility provides fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than most other nursing homes. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients that who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.6 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Mount Pleasant Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Mount Pleasant Manor, 9.53% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This gauges the percentage of long-term patients who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an barometer of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Mount Pleasant Manor, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered to be a measure of nursing care . Major falls are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Mount Pleasant Manor, 3.18% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often the result of nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care can limit the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Note that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Mount Pleasant Manor, 15.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for many medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Sadly, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Mount Pleasant Manor, 19.68% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Mount Pleasant Manor, 2.85% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who are exhibiting signs of depression. Many argue this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Mount Pleasant Manor, 88.92% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Mount Pleasant Manor, 14.02% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of the decline of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Mount Pleasant Manor, 20.24% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Mount Pleasant Manor, 1.69 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is critical to the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Mount Pleasant Manor, 20.24 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Mount Pleasant Manor, 12.31 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Mount Pleasant Manor, 73.11% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Mount Pleasant, SC
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Mount Pleasant, South Carolina has 3 other nursing homes
- East Cooper Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.65 miles away2000 Hospital Dr Mount Pleasant South Carolina 29464Proprietary(843) 881-0100
- Musc Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.59 miles away169 Ashley Ave Charleston South Carolina 29425Government - State(843) 792-2300
- Roper HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.79 miles away316 Calhoun St Charleston South Carolina 29401Voluntary non-profit - Private(843) 724-2800
- Mount Pleasant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.99 miles away3510 Highway 17 North Suite 140 Mount Pleasant South Carolina 29466Voluntary non-profit - Private(843) 724-2954
- Bon Secours-St Francis Xavier HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.71 miles away2095 Henry Tecklenburg Drive Charleston South Carolina 29414Voluntary non-profit - Private(843) 402-1006
- Trident Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.4 miles away9330 Medical Plaza Dr Charleston South Carolina 29406Proprietary(843) 847-4100
- Fresenius Medical Care Charleston County0.4 miles away901 Von Kolnitz Rd Mount Pleasant South Carolina 29464Dialysis Stations: 10 (843) 881-4842
- Dci East Cooper0.6 miles away1088 Johnnie Dodds Blvd Mount Pleasant South Carolina 29464Dialysis Stations: 16 (843) 881-8344
- Mt Pleasant Dialysis Center0.69 miles away1028 E-Wall Street Building a3 Mount Pleasant South Carolina 29464Dialysis Stations: 16 (843) 884-3115
- Dci Magnolia Court5.41 miles away1427 King Street Charleston South Carolina 29403Dialysis Stations: 17 (843) 853-3399
- Dci James Island8.83 miles away959 Folly Road Charleston South Carolina 29412Dialysis Stations: 16 (843) 795-8386
- Dci West Ashley8.95 miles away46 B Markfield Road Charleston South Carolina 29407CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (843) 766-2317
- Pointe Dialysis, LLC9.63 miles away1964 Ashley River Road Suite D-3 Charleston South Carolina 29407Dialysis Stations: 20 (843) 852-3537
- Coast Dialysis, LLC9.63 miles away1964 Ashley River Road Suite D-2 Charleston South Carolina 29407Dialysis Stations: 4 (843) 573-8767