The Healthcare Center at Moravian Village of Bethlehem is an average-sized non-profit nursing home located in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. It looks like this nursing home is ranked among the highest-rated facilities we looked at. This facility received one of the highest ratings we offer. In fact, this is one of the three best facilities in the city. One of the best aspects of this facility's remarkable report card is its inspection score. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
The Healthcare Center at Moravian Village of Bethlehem
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Bethlehem senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Lymphedema Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with a strong overall grade, we awarded this facility a grade of A+ for inspections. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher scores in this area most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. Although this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was given an A+ for its short-term care score. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to evaluate measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We analyze a facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 7.1 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about The Healthcare Center at Moravian Village of Bethlehem?
This nursing home also received an A+ nursing grade, making it one of the few nursing homes to receive multiple A+ category grades. Nursing grades are mostly based on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
In the final category, we gave this nursing home an A+ for our long-term care rating. This finished off a very impressive profile. When facilities receive a score in this range in long-term care it typically means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to live on a permanent basis. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 96.34146 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients out of the hospital. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Healthcare Center at Moravian Village of Bethlehem Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Healthcare Center at Moravian Village of Bethlehem, 5.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents which suffer from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a great barometer of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Healthcare Center at Moravian Village of Bethlehem, 3.05% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who had a fall which caused severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Healthcare Center at Moravian Village of Bethlehem, 2.48% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often linked to a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this statistic could be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Healthcare Center at Moravian Village of Bethlehem, 9.15% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Healthcare Center at Moravian Village of Bethlehem, 14.18% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are typically used to treat patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Healthcare Center at Moravian Village of Bethlehem, 0% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents showing signs of depression. Increased levels of depression could indicate worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Healthcare Center at Moravian Village of Bethlehem, 98.17% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Healthcare Center at Moravian Village of Bethlehem, 14.39% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Healthcare Center at Moravian Village of Bethlehem, 20.71% of Residents
This is the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In The Healthcare Center at Moravian Village of Bethlehem, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Healthcare Center at Moravian Village of Bethlehem, 20.71% of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Healthcare Center at Moravian Village of Bethlehem, 1.34% of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Healthcare Center at Moravian Village of Bethlehem, 62.43% of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts believe that this is a measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Bethlehem, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Bethlehem, Pennsylvania has 6 other nursing homes
- St Luke's Hospital BethlehemAcute Care Hospitals 1.77 miles away801 Ostrum Street Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 954-4000
- St Luke's Hospital - Anderson CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4.41 miles away1872 St Luke's Blvd Easton Pennsylvania 18045Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 503-3000
- Sacred Heart HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.52 miles away421 Chew Street Allentown Pennsylvania 18102Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 776-4900
- Easton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.79 miles away250 South 21st Street Easton Pennsylvania 18042Proprietary(610) 250-4076
- Lehigh Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.98 miles away1200 South Cedar Crest Boulevard Allentown Pennsylvania 18105Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 402-2273
- St Luke's Warren HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.15 miles away185 Roseberry St Phillipsburg New Jersey 08865Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 847-6700
- St Luke's Quakertown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.86 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 538-4500
- Palmerton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.94 miles away135 Lafayette Avenue Palmerton Pennsylvania 18071Voluntary non-profit - Other(610) 826-3141
- Davita - St. Luke's Bethlehem1.74 miles away1425 8th Avenue Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18018CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (484) 403-4304
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc1.92 miles away1005 Harvard Avenue Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Dialysis Stations: 17 (610) 997-8350
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Bethlehem3.66 miles away2014 City Line Road, Suite 102 Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18017CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (610) 264-9660
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Fogelsville5.59 miles away7310 Tilghman Street, Suite 100 Allentown Pennsylvania 18106Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 395-1980
- Etowah Dialysis, LLC5.81 miles away1220 3rd Street Whitehall Pennsylvania 18052Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 266-1706
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Whitehall6.41 miles away1320 Mickley Road Whitehall Pennsylvania 18052CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (610) 264-2228
- Etowah Dialysis, LLC7.21 miles away1901 Hamilton St., Suite 200 Allentown Pennsylvania 18104Dialysis Stations: 4 (610) 776-1479
- Davita - St. Luke's Allentown Dialysis7.21 miles away1901 Hamilton St., Suite 100 Allentown Pennsylvania 18104Dialysis Stations: 4 (610) 435-2590