Moorings of Arlington Heights is a facility in Arlington Heights, Illinois, a city with a population of 79,890 people. It looks like this is a fine nursing home. We awarded this it an overall grade of B+, which is a well above average rating. We were pleased to learn that this matched the average grade of facilities in Arlington Heights, which is one of the better cities in Illinois to find a nursing home. One of the better aspects of this nursing home's report card is its strong short-term care score, which we will address in the next section.
Moorings of Arlington Heights
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to earning a great overall score, this nursing home also received an A+ in short-term care. Short-term care grades are based on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a wide spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents that eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 6.3 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Adding to its impressive category grades, we gave this nursing home an A for inspections. These inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. A few relatively minor deficiencies aren't something to panic about.
Does this page answer your questions about Moorings of Arlington Heights?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B. Our nursing grade consists of several subcategories, many of which are associated with nursing hours. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we rated is long-term care. It received an F in this area, which is a very poor score. You shouldn't simply disregard a nursing home due to a single bad category though. When nursing homes receive this type of score in long-term care it is often a bad sign for patient care and it may indicate that the nursing home is not as well-staffed with nurses and aids. One of the criteria we considered after nursing hours is vaccinations. Frankly, we were a bit bothered by the fact that this facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to just 87.64045 percent of its patients. Surprisingly, this facility was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Moorings of Arlington Heights Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Moorings of Arlington Heights, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic measures the percent of long-term residents that have pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Moorings of Arlington Heights, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Moorings of Arlington Heights, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often the result of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric may also be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Moorings of Arlington Heights, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to patients for many medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Tragically, in limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Moorings of Arlington Heights, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antianxiety medications. These medications are generally given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Moorings of Arlington Heights, 30.45% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Moorings of Arlington Heights, 87.4% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Moorings of Arlington Heights, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Moorings of Arlington Heights, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Moorings of Arlington Heights, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is important to the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Moorings of Arlington Heights, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Moorings of Arlington Heights, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Moorings of Arlington Heights, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some would argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Arlington Heights, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Arlington Heights, Illinois has 3 other nursing homes
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 1.03 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 4.77 miles away800 W Biesterfield Rd Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 437-5500
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.61 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- St Alexius Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.83 miles away1555 N Barrington Rd Hoffman Estate Illinois 60169Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 843-2000
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.75 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Bhc Streamwood Hospital IncPsychiatric 10.04 miles away1400 E Irving Park Road Streamwood Illinois 60107Proprietary(630) 837-9000
- Loyola Gottlieb Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.76 miles away701 West North Ave Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 681-3200
- Community First Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.31 miles away5645 W Addison Street Chicago Illinois 60634Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 282-7000
- Davita - Arlington Heights Dialysis0.95 miles away17 W Golf Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 437-2188
- Fmc - Mount Prospect1.21 miles away1710 West Golf Road Mount Prospect Illinois 60056Dialysis Stations: 8 (847) 640-7101
- Fmc - Rolling Meadows2.44 miles away4180 Winnetka Ave. Rolling Meadows Illinois 60008CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (847) 394-6250
- Fmc - Des Plaines4.84 miles away1625 Oakton Pl Des Plaines Illinois 60018Dialysis Stations: 13 (847) 795-0014
- Fmc - Elk Grove Dialysis Ctr4.98 miles away901 Biesterfield Road Ste 400 Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (847) 437-0824
- Davita - Buffalo Grove Dialysis5.14 miles away1291 West Dundee Road Buffalo Grove Illinois 60089CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 253-9400
- Dialyze Direct Il - Elk Grove5.64 miles away1014 Bonaventure Drive Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Dialysis Stations: 1 (847) 352-4711
- Fmc - Glenview Dialysis Center5.74 miles away4248 Commercial Way Glenview Illinois 60025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 824-2006