Montgomery Village Health Care Center is a large nursing home located in Gaithersburg, Maryland. We awarded this facility an A- overall grade, ranking it in the top 25 percent of all facilities in the nation. You really can not do any better than this place. Lastly, this facility had an ownership change in the last year, so we will need to make sure it keeps up its high scores under new ownership.
Montgomery Village Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Please note our records indicate that Montgomery Village Health Care Center has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Inspection ratings account for a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better scores in this area usually have few severe deficiencies. Although this place had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its impressive profile, this nursing home also excelled in our short-term care area. In fact, we gave it a score of A- in the area. In the area of short-term care, we seek to assess indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We assess a facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Montgomery Village Health Care Center?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B+. The nursing score weighs several subcategories. The most heavily weighted variable is the quantity of hours nurses spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
In our final area, this facility also received a first-rate long-term care rating, with a grade of B+. This rounded out a very favorable profile. For patients looking for a permanent residence rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are very important. After we finished assessing the amount of care provided by nurses, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 93.51536 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Montgomery Village Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Montgomery Village Health Care Center, 10.35% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Montgomery Village Health Care Center, 2.83% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure tells you the percent of long-term stay residents who have suffered a fall leading to serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Montgomery Village Health Care Center, 2.06% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often the result of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric could also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Montgomery Village Health Care Center, 13.12% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Montgomery Village Health Care Center, 14.71% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are prescribed to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Montgomery Village Health Care Center, 10.05% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Montgomery Village Health Care Center, 92.62% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Montgomery Village Health Care Center, 19.85% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Montgomery Village Health Care Center, 30.15% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that retained mobility levels.
In Montgomery Village Health Care Center, 0.99 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Montgomery Village Health Care Center, 30.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Montgomery Village Health Care Center, 8.9 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Montgomery Village Health Care Center, 73.77% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements.
- Holy Cross Germantown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.86 miles away19801 Observation Drive Germantown Maryland 20876Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 557-6020
- Adventist Healthcare Shady Grove Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.23 miles away9901 Medical Center Drive Rockville Maryland 20850Voluntary non-profit - Private(240) 826-6527
- Medstar Montgomery Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.14 miles away18101 Prince Philip Drive Olney Maryland 20832Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 774-8882
- Suburban HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.23 miles away8600 Old Georgetown Road Bethesda Maryland 20814Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 896-2576
- Walter Reed National Military Med CenAcute Care - Department of Defense 13.36 miles away8901 Rockville Pike Bethesda Maryland 20889Department of Defense(301) 295-4000
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.19 miles away1500 Forest Glen Road Silver Spring Maryland 20910Voluntary non-profit - Church(301) 754-7000
- Adventist Healthcare White Oak Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.6 miles away12100 Plum Orchard Drive Silver Spring Maryland 20904Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 891-5651
- Inova Loudoun HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.9 miles away44045 Riverside Parkway Leesburg Virginia 20176Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 858-6600
- Gaithersburg Dialysis2.15 miles away202 Perry Parkway Suite 3 Gaithersburg Maryland 20877Dialysis Stations: 16 (301) 987-0912
- Davita - Middlebrook Dialysis2.56 miles away12401 Middlebrook Rd Ste 160 Germantown Maryland 20874Dialysis Stations: 19 (301) 540-6020
- Germantown Dialysis2.85 miles away20111 Century Blvd Ste C Germantown Maryland 20874CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (301) 540-4601
- Fresenius Kidney Care Germantown2.88 miles away19851 Obersavtion Drive Suite 150 Germantown Maryland 20876Dialysis Stations: 15 (301) 540-7010
- Bma - Rockville4.66 miles away7524 Standish Pl Ste 100-B Derwood Maryland 20855Dialysis Stations: 16 (301) 610-0711
- Davita - Rockville4.73 miles away15204 Omega Drive Suite 110 Rockville Maryland 20850CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (301) 947-2427
- Advanced Dialysis Center - Rockville6.48 miles away299 Hurley Ave Rockville Maryland 20850Dialysis Stations: 9 (301) 838-9119
- Brownwood Dialysis LLC7.37 miles away5544 Norbeck Rd Rockville Maryland 20853CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (301) 460-2090