Montgomery Village Health Care Center is a large nursing home located in Gaithersburg, Maryland. Featuring an overall rating of B+, this nursing home should work for most prospective patients. Based on our ratings, this place ought to meet the needs of most people. This place's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection rating, which we will address in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Montgomery Village Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Gaithersburg senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home received a strong overall grade as described above, but we especially want to point out its excellent government inspections in recent years. We gave it an A in this area. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating these inspection ratings. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being quite insignificant. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, this nursing home also was given favorable long-term care scores this year. In fact, we awarded it one of our more favorable scores in that area, with a grade of B+. For patients looking for a permanent place to live rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is an important category. One of the statistics we considered after nurse's aid hours is vaccinations. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 91.32791 percent of its patients. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Montgomery Village Health Care Center?
In addition, this facility also received favorable nursing grades this year. In fact, we awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B. Our nursing grade includes a number of datapoints. The most heavily weighted variable is the number of hours nurses spend with residents. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we graded is short-term care, where this facility was awarded a grade of B-. While this proved to be its least impressive category grade, this is nevertheless nothing to be ashamed of. Short-term care ratings are based in part on a facility's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a vast scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, not to mention other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last measure we assessed in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that just 5.1 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Montgomery Village Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Montgomery Village Health Care Center, 5.16% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric tells you the percent of long-term stay residents who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a great measure of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Montgomery Village Health Care Center, 2.17% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls resulting in injury are often caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Montgomery Village Health Care Center, 0.85% of Patients had UTIs
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who experienced UTI's. Although more infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is problematic to compare different facilities due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Montgomery Village Health Care Center, 16.32% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Montgomery Village Health Care Center, 12.47% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who were given antianxiety medication. These drugs are generally given to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Montgomery Village Health Care Center, 85.06% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents showing depressive symptoms. Many in the industry argue this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Montgomery Village Health Care Center, 94% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Montgomery Village Health Care Center, 17.43% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of erosion of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Montgomery Village Health Care Center, 14.05% of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Montgomery Village Health Care Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Montgomery Village Health Care Center, 14.05% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Montgomery Village Health Care Center, 8.94% of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Montgomery Village Health Care Center, 73.5% of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some argue this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- Holy Cross Germantown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.86 miles away19801 Observation Drive Germantown Maryland 20876Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 557-6020
- Adventist Healthcare Shady Grove Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.23 miles away9901 Medical Center Drive Rockville Maryland 20850Voluntary non-profit - Private(240) 826-6527
- Medstar Montgomery Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.14 miles away18101 Prince Philip Drive Olney Maryland 20832Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 774-8882
- Suburban HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.23 miles away8600 Old Georgetown Road Bethesda Maryland 20814Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 896-2576
- Walter Reed National Military Med CenAcute Care - Department of Defense 13.36 miles away8901 Rockville Pike Bethesda Maryland 20889Department of Defense(301) 295-4000
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.19 miles away1500 Forest Glen Road Silver Spring Maryland 20910Voluntary non-profit - Church(301) 754-7000
- Adventist Healthcare White Oak Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.6 miles away12100 Plum Orchard Drive Silver Spring Maryland 20904Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 891-5651
- Inova Loudoun HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.9 miles away44045 Riverside Parkway Leesburg Virginia 20176Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 858-6600
- Gaithersburg Dialysis2.15 miles away202 Perry Parkway Suite 3 Gaithersburg Maryland 20877Dialysis Stations: 16 (301) 987-0912
- Davita - Middlebrook Dialysis2.56 miles away12401 Middlebrook Rd Ste 160 Germantown Maryland 20874Dialysis Stations: 19 (301) 540-6020
- Germantown Dialysis2.85 miles away20111 Century Blvd Ste C Germantown Maryland 20874CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (301) 540-4601
- Fresenius Kidney Care Germantown2.88 miles away19851 Obersavtion Drive Suite 150 Germantown Maryland 20876Dialysis Stations: 15 (301) 540-7010
- Bma - Rockville4.66 miles away7524 Standish Pl Ste 100-B Derwood Maryland 20855Dialysis Stations: 16 (301) 610-0711
- Davita - Rockville4.73 miles away15204 Omega Drive Suite 110 Rockville Maryland 20850CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (301) 947-2427
- Advanced Dialysis Center - Rockville6.48 miles away299 Hurley Ave Rockville Maryland 20850Dialysis Stations: 9 (301) 838-9119
- Brownwood Dialysis LLC7.37 miles away5544 Norbeck Rd Rockville Maryland 20853CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (301) 460-2090