Montereau is a small non-profit nursing home located in Tulsa, Oklahoma. With an A- overall grade, we rated this facility in the top 25 percent of all facilities in the United States. You really can not do any better than this facility. As you will see below, this nursing home also performed well in our category ratings. It is hard to poke holes in this place's profile.
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
6800 South Granite Avenue,
Tulsa OK 74136
95.4% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Arguably the most significant factor we look at in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. Facilities with higher grades in this category most likely avoided the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to its top-shelf resume, this nursing home also performed well in our long-term care category. In fact, we gave it a score of A for that category. When facilities receive a score in this range in this category it typically means it has plenty of staff and is a quality place to live on a permanent basis. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 96.875 percent of its patients, which is higher than most nursing homes. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 1.22 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home had less hospitalizations than most nursing homes.
Does this page answer your questions about Montereau?
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at is short-term care. This nursing home was awarded an impressive short-term care score, with a grade of B+ in this area. In forming these short-term care ratings, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The purpose is to formulate a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of different facilities. One reason for this facility's strong score in this category is that it provides a greater volume of physical therapist hours to its residents than the average nursing home. The final item we looked at in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that it fared as well as just about any nursing home in Oklahoma in this area with 57.9 percent of its residents returning home.
Switching gears to our final category, this nursing home was given a very strong nursing score. Although this wasn't nearly as dominant as many of its other grades, this remains one of our more favorable scores we offer. In calculating our nursing grades, we analyze both staffing levels and the skill levels of the nurses. With 5.8 hours of nursing care per resident per day, this nursing home surpassed the overwhelming majority of facilities. Finally, we also looked at nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing scores. These include minimizing residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We look at these areas as reliable measures of the quality of nursing care offered, since better care tends to reduce these problems.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Montereau Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Montereau, 8.89% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Montereau, 4.4% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who have had a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Montereau, 3.63% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often the result of facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Additional nurse staffing can minimize the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Montereau, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Montereau, 24.69% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This gauges the percentage of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Montereau, 3.95% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents demonstrating symptoms of depression. Increased levels of depression could be a sign worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Montereau, 91.04% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Montereau, 14.73% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Montereau, 17.09% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Montereau, 1.64 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Montereau, 17.09 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Montereau, 15.25 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Montereau, 69.39% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts argue this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Tulsa, OK
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Tulsa, Oklahoma has 11 other nursing homes
- Shadow Mountain Behavioral Health SystemPsychiatric 0.65 miles away6262 South Sheridan Road Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 492-8200
- Saint Francis Hospital, IncAcute Care Hospitals 0.86 miles away6161 South Yale Tulsa Oklahoma 74136Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 494-2200
- Oklahoma Surgical Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 2.79 miles away2408 East 81st Street, Suite 300 Tulsa Oklahoma 74137Physician(918) 477-5095
- Southwestern Regional Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 2.91 miles away10109 East 79th Street Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 286-5000
- Hillcrest Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 3.25 miles away8801 South 101st East Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 294-4000
- Saint Francis Hospital South, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 3.78 miles away10501 East 91st Street South Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 307-6000
- Tulsa Spine & Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.24 miles away6901 South Olympia Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74132Proprietary(918) 388-5701
- St John Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 5.75 miles away1923 South Utica Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74104Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 744-3131
- St Francis Hospital-Dialysis0.73 miles away6161 S Yale Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74136CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 494-5575
- Fmcna - Richard Medlock2.78 miles away2845 E Skelly Dr Tulsa Oklahoma 74105CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (918) 747-7127
- Davita - Tulsa Dialysis2.95 miles away4436 S Harvard Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74135Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 660-0571
- Fmcna - South Tulsa3 miles away8260 S Lewis Tulsa Oklahoma 74137Dialysis Stations: 21 (918) 299-2841
- Davita - Southcrest3.47 miles away10921 East 81st St Tulsa Oklahoma 74133CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 249-8402
- Fmcna - East Tulsa3.74 miles away5147 S Garnett Rd Ste C Tulsa Oklahoma 74146CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 250-3427
- Davita - dt4 Dialysis3.87 miles away4800 West San Antonio Street Broken Arrow Oklahoma 74012Dialysis Stations: 4 (918) 307-1320
- Fkc - Beverly Mathis Memorial Dialysis4.02 miles away5230 S Mingo Rd Tulsa Oklahoma 74146Dialysis Stations: 13 (918) 660-0816