Montecito Post Acute Care and Rehabilitation is located in Mesa, Arizona. This city is among the most densely populated cities in the country with has a total of 478,404 people. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of C. A score of this caliber requires some solid marks. We wanted to point out that Mesa received a city grade of B, so you may want to look at other options in the city as well. You also may want to review this facility's category grades below. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Montecito Post Acute Care and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
51 South 48th Street,
Mesa AZ 85206
86.57% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Catheter Care
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This facility received an elite short-term care rating. In fact, we gave this nursing home an impressive grade of A in this category, which really helped its overall grade. Our short-term care grades are considered to be more critical for folks in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes more skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes not only nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 6.8 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
In addition, this facility also excelled in inspections, where it received a grade of A-. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple of minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Does this page answer your questions about Montecito Post Acute Care and Rehabilitation?
Turning to another strength for this facility, it also received an elite nursing grade. In fact, we gave this nursing home an impressive grade of D. The nursing score includes several subcategories, many of which are tied to quantities of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing grades. This facility fared well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our fourth area, this nursing home really did not fare very well. With a rock bottom grade of F in long-term care, this was its poorest area. For residents seeking a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 98.41987 percent of its residents. To our surprise, this facility was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had just 0.04 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Sadly, a few of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Montecito Post Acute Care and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Montecito Post Acute Care and Rehabilitation, 8.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This measures the percent of long-term residents who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Montecito Post Acute Care and Rehabilitation, 2.2% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term care patients who suffered falls which caused serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Montecito Post Acute Care and Rehabilitation, 1.68% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often associated with worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric can also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Montecito Post Acute Care and Rehabilitation, 11.03% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for many conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Montecito Post Acute Care and Rehabilitation, 16.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are given to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Montecito Post Acute Care and Rehabilitation, 3.1% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Montecito Post Acute Care and Rehabilitation, 80.03% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Montecito Post Acute Care and Rehabilitation, 12.44% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Montecito Post Acute Care and Rehabilitation, 20.97% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who remained mobile levels.
In Montecito Post Acute Care and Rehabilitation, 1.3 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Montecito Post Acute Care and Rehabilitation, 20.97 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Montecito Post Acute Care and Rehabilitation, 11.03 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Montecito Post Acute Care and Rehabilitation, 73.85% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living usually correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Mesa, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Mesa, Arizona has 9 other nursing homes
- Banner Gateway Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.11 miles away1900 North Higley Road Gilbert Arizona 85234Voluntary non-profit - Other(480) 543-2000
- Mountain Vista Medical Center, LpAcute Care Hospitals 6.71 miles away1301 South Crismon Road Mesa Arizona 85209Proprietary(480) 358-6100
- Banner Desert Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.62 miles away1400 South Dobson Road Mesa Arizona 85202Voluntary non-profit - Private(480) 412-3000
- Mercy Gilbert Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.89 miles away3555 South Val Vista Drive Gilbert Arizona 85297Voluntary non-profit - Church(480) 728-8000
- Banner Goldfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.44 miles away2050 West Southern Avenue Apache Junction Arizona 85120Voluntary non-profit - Other(480) 733-3300
- Chandler Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.49 miles away1955 West Frye Road Chandler Arizona 85224Voluntary non-profit - Other(480) 728-3000
- Scottsdale Osborn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.44 miles away7400 East Osborn Road Scottsdale Arizona 85251Proprietary(480) 882-4004
- Scottsdale Shea Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.89 miles away9003 East Shea Boulevard Scottsdale Arizona 85260Proprietary(480) 323-3000
- Power Road Dialysis (Dva)2.55 miles away301 S Power Road Suite 104 Mesa Arizona 85206Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 641-1193
- East Valley Dialysis (Fmc)2.6 miles away135 S Power Rd Ste 103 Mesa Arizona 85206CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (480) 985-4911
- Southwest Kidney Dialysis - Gilbert (Dva)2.89 miles away5222 E Baseline Rd Ste 104 Gilbert Arizona 85234CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 832-6996
- South Mountain Dialysis Center (Fmc)2.96 miles away26 E Baseline Ste 142 Phoenix Arizona 85042CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (602) 268-8158
- Home Dialysis of Mesa (Fmc)3.76 miles away1337 S Gilbert Rd Ste 106 Mesa Arizona 85204Dialysis Stations: 1 (480) 926-9222
- Mesa Dialysis (Dsi)3.76 miles away1337 S Gilbert Rd Ste 109 Mesa Arizona 85204Dialysis Stations: 16 (480) 926-1906
- Southwest Kidney Central Mesa (Dva)5.17 miles away1134 E University Dr Ste 101 Mesa Arizona 85203CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 464-3851
- Mesa Dialysis Center (Fmc)5.51 miles away1525 N Gilbert Rd Ste 121 Gilbert Arizona 85234CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 497-1127