Monrovia Post Acute is a nursing home in Duarte, California. This city has a population of 27,465 people. This is a very respectable nursing home. We gave it an overall grade of B, which is a quality rating. In fact, we thought highly enough of this nursing home to rate it ahead of the majority of the facilities in Duarte. This nursing home's strong profile was highlighted by its nursing grade, which you can find in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Monrovia Post Acute
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Duarte senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to earning a strong overall grade, this nursing home performed well in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Our nursing grade analyzes the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We factor in both the levels of training of those nurses and the amount of time spent with residents. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also received a favorable long-term care score. In fact, we awarded it an above average score of B+ in this category. Nursing homes that excel in this category tend to provide residents with closer supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is far higher than most nursing homes. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Monrovia Post Acute?
In addition, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received a grade of B+. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Our inspection ratings weigh several factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this area tend to have very few severe deficiencies. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. A few minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
Our next area is short-term care, where we gave this facility a C in that area. In computing our short-term care scores, we assess a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. This rating is more often than not a useful assessment of the facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. We were not able to track down registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this place. The last item we assessed in this area is the number of residents that returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 3.2 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Monrovia Post Acute Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Monrovia Post Acute, 4.38% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Monrovia Post Acute, 0.85% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who have had a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Monrovia Post Acute, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely associated with a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this datapoint can also be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Monrovia Post Acute, 12.38% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for many medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Monrovia Post Acute, 16.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Monrovia Post Acute, 13.3% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients showing signs of depression. Higher levels of depression may reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Monrovia Post Acute, 100% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Monrovia Post Acute, 6.07% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of deterioration of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Monrovia Post Acute, 7.81% of Residents
This is the percentage of residents that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Monrovia Post Acute, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Monrovia Post Acute, 7.81% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Monrovia Post Acute, 9.97% of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Monrovia Post Acute, 85.87% of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's often correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
Scores for Duarte, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of C
Looking for more options? Duarte, California has 4 other nursing homes
- Methodist Hospital of Southern CaAcute Care Hospitals 3.64 miles away300 W Huntington Dr Arcadia California 91006Voluntary non-profit - Private(626) 445-4441
- Emanate Health Inter-Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.02 miles away210 W San Bernardino Road Covina California 91723Proprietary(626) 814-2468
- Glendora Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.56 miles away150 West Route 66 Glendora California 91740Proprietary(626) 335-0231
- San Gabriel Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.63 miles away438 W Las Tunas Drive San Gabriel California 91776Proprietary(626) 289-5454
- San Dimas Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.74 miles away1350 W Covina Blvd San Dimas California 91773Proprietary(909) 599-6811
- Garfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.51 miles away525 N Garfield Ave Monterey Park California 91754Proprietary(626) 573-2222
- Huntington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.88 miles away100 W California Blvd Pasadena California 91109Voluntary non-profit - Other(626) 397-5000
- Beverly HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.89 miles away309 W Beverly Blvd Montebello California 90640Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 726-1222
- Mountain View Dialysis Center, Inc.0.48 miles away900 S. Mountain Avenue Monrovia California 91016Dialysis Stations: 24 (626) 932-1810
- Fmc-Irwindale3.39 miles away12711 Ramona Blvd., Suite 111 Baldwin Park California 91706CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (626) 856-3944
- Advanced Dialysis Center3.92 miles away3932 Downing Avenue Baldwin Park California 91706Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 856-3333
- Azusa Dialysis Center, LLC4.21 miles away312 N. Azusa Avenue Azusa California 91702Dialysis Stations: 24 (626) 633-1500
- Davita-Arcadia Oaks Dialysis4.34 miles away721 W Huntington Drive, Suite a-D Arcadia California 91007CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (626) 294-9682
- Davita-Covina Dialysis Center5.17 miles away1547 W. Garvey Avenue North West Covina California 91790CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (626) 960-9404
- Temple City Dialysis Facility, Inc.5.22 miles away9945 Lower Azusa Road Temple City California 91780CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 442-3400
- Fmc-West Covina Kidney Center5.32 miles away1540 W. Covina Parkway West Covina California 91790CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (626) 337-8007