Mohun Health Care Center looks like it is one of 36 nursing homes in Columbus, Ohio. The city has far more nursing homes compared to most areas in the state. With an overall rating of A-, this is undoubtedly a high quality facility. In fact, we were so impressed with this facility that we rated it substantially ahead of the vast majority of the facilities in Columbus. Scroll down to find this nursing home's category ratings, which are also quite good. It would be hard to poke holes in this facility's profile.
Mohun Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
2340 Airport Dr,
Columbus OH 43219
85.13% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a strong facility overall, it also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually perfect. Inspection grades are tied to several items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that score well in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home received an impressive short-term care score as well. We awarded it one of our higher grades in that area with a score of B+. Our short-term care ratings are arguably most important for those needing a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes more skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not merely nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Mohun Health Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility is also strong in the area of long-term care, where it received a grade of B+. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. Facilities that do well in long-term care typically provide patients with more supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. After assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 95.945946 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is higher than the average nursing home. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
The last category we scored was nursing. We awarded this nursing home one of our better scores in this area, with a grade of B. While this isn't as strong as some of this facility's other scores, it is nevertheless an excellent score. Our nursing score assesses the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We weigh both the levels of skill of the nurses as well as the quantity of hours spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Mohun Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Mohun Health Care Center, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents which developed pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a reliable measure of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Mohun Health Care Center, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients which have sustained a fall resulting in major injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Mohun Health Care Center, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This figure measures the percent of long-term care patients which have experienced a UTI. UTI's could be an indicator of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this statistic could be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Mohun Health Care Center, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Mohun Health Care Center, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Mohun Health Care Center, 20.26% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Mohun Health Care Center, 90.12% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Mohun Health Care Center, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could indicate the decline of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Mohun Health Care Center, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Mohun Health Care Center, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is critical to the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Mohun Health Care Center, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Mohun Health Care Center, 12 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Mohun Health Care Center, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many believe that this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Columbus, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Columbus, Ohio has 35 other nursing homes
- Nationwide Children's HospitalChildrens 3.37 miles away700 Children's Drive Columbus Ohio 43205Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 722-2000
- Grant Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.39 miles away111 South Grant Avenue Columbus Ohio 43215Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 566-9000
- Ohio State University HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 4.14 miles away410 West 10th Avenue Columbus Ohio 43210Government - State(614) 293-9700
- Mount Carmel WestAcute Care Hospitals 4.86 miles away793 West State Street Columbus Ohio 43222Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 234-5000
- Riverside Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.62 miles away3535 Olentangy River Rd Columbus Ohio 43214Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 566-5000
- Twin Valley Behavioral HealthcarePsychiatric 6.75 miles away2200 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43223Government - Local(614) 752-0333
- Mount Carmel St Ann'sAcute Care Hospitals 8.63 miles away500 South Cleveland Avenue Westerville Ohio 43081Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 898-4000
- Doctors HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.76 miles away5100 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43228Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 544-1000
- Fmc - Clayton Taylor1.24 miles away730 Taylor Avenue Columbus Ohio 43219CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (614) 258-5898
- Kidney Center of Columbus East2.37 miles away1805 East Main Street Columbus Ohio 43205CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (614) 253-3300
- Kidney Center of Bexley2.6 miles away1151 College Ave. Columbus Ohio 43209Dialysis Stations: 15 (614) 231-2200
- Fmc - Central Ohio East2.67 miles away4039 East Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43213CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (614) 338-8202
- Nationwide Childrens Hospital3.38 miles away700 Childrens Dr t6a Columbus Ohio 43205Dialysis Stations: 7 (614) 722-4859
- Fmc - Grant Park3.39 miles away393 East Town Street Suite 111 Columbus Ohio 43215Dialysis Stations: 9 (614) 469-0070
- Fmc - Greater Columbus Regional Dialysis, LLC3.48 miles away285 E. State St., Suite 170 Columbus Ohio 43215CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (614) 228-9114
- Davita - Columbus Downtown Dialysis3.52 miles away415 East Mound Street Columbus Ohio 43215Dialysis Stations: 24 (614) 228-1773