Mission Healthcare at Renton is a small nursing home located in Renton, Washington. We gave this facility a phenomenal overall grade of A+. In fact, it is actually the highest graded facility in the city. Based on our assessment, this nursing home ought to be a no brainer for most people. This nursing home was also given phenomenal scores in each of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
Mission Healthcare at Renton
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Aquatic Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
On top of faring well overall, this nursing home received a nearly flawless inspection report. Therefore, it earned one of our highest scores in that area with an A+. Inspection ratings are based on several datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this area typically have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
One of the other reasons we graded this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing rating. In that category, we gave this facility an A+. In computing a facility's nursing score, we weigh the quantity of hours nurses commit to patients and the level of skill of the nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by having a policy of moving a patient more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Mission Healthcare at Renton?
Short-term Care Quality
In the third area we assessed, this facility received quality marks in the area of short-term care. Consequently, it was given one of our most impressive scores in that area with a of A+. In our short-term care grade, we endeavor to create a valuable measure for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we look at a nursing home's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last measure we looked at in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 6.1 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
In the last category, this facility also was awarded an impressive long-term care rating, with a grade of A. This rounded out a very impressive profile. Facilities that do well in long-term care tend to provide residents with closer supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents healthy. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Mission Healthcare at Renton Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Mission Healthcare at Renton, 6.98% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Mission Healthcare at Renton, 3.03% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term patients who experienced falls leading to severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Mission Healthcare at Renton, 2.22% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Mission Healthcare at Renton, 13.94% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Mission Healthcare at Renton, 12.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of long-term care residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Mission Healthcare at Renton, 13.68% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who are showing signs of depression. Many argue this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Mission Healthcare at Renton, 93.98% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Mission Healthcare at Renton, 13.82% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate the decline of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Mission Healthcare at Renton, 23.27% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that remained mobile levels. Many in the industry argue that the ability to move around is vital to residents' physical and mental well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Mission Healthcare at Renton, 23.27 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Mission Healthcare at Renton, 11.24 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Mission Healthcare at Renton, 74.06% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's often correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.74 miles away400 S 43rd St Renton Washington 98055Government - Hospital District or Authority(425) 228-3450
- Highline Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.55 miles away16251 Sylvester Road Sw Seattle Washington 98166Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 244-9970
- Multicare Covington Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.64 miles away17700 Se 272nd St Kent Washington 98042Voluntary non-profit - Private(253) 372-7400
- Multicare Auburn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.68 miles away202 North Division Street Plaza One Auburn Washington 98001Voluntary non-profit - Private(253) 833-7711
- Swedish IssaquahAcute Care Hospitals 10.37 miles away751 Ne Blakely Dr Issaquah Washington 98029Voluntary non-profit - Private(425) 313-4000
- St Francis Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.19 miles away34515 9th Avenue South Federal Way Washington 98003Voluntary non-profit - Church(253) 944-8100
- Swedish Medical Center / Cherry HillAcute Care Hospitals 12.21 miles away500 17th Avenue Seattle Washington 98122Voluntary non-profit - Church(206) 320-2000
- Harborview Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.34 miles away325 9th Avenue Seattle Washington 98104Government - Local(206) 731-3000
- Nkc Renton Kidney Center2.52 miles away602 Oakesdale Ave Sw Renton Washington 98057CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (425) 251-0647
- Kent Community Dialysis Center3.18 miles away21851 84th Ave S Kent Washington 98032CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (253) 872-5474
- Total Renal Care, Inc4.3 miles away4110 Ne 4th St Ste E Renton Washington 98059Dialysis Stations: 7 (425) 226-2408
- Nkc Seatac Kidney Center4.4 miles away17900 International Blvd Ste 301 Seattle Washington 98188CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (206) 901-8700
- Nkc Kent Kidney Center5.42 miles away25316 74th Ave S Ste 101 Kent Washington 98032CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (253) 850-6810
- Total Renal Care, Inc8.05 miles away27320 Pacific Hwy S Federal Way Washington 98003Dialysis Stations: 12 (253) 529-7825
- Nkc Auburn Kidney Center8.95 miles away1501 West Valley Highway N Auburn Washington 98001CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (253) 804-8323
- Bellevue Dialysis Center9.15 miles away3535 Factoria Blvd Se #150 Bellevue Washington 98006CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 10 (425) 641-6514