Mission De La Casa Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is one of seven available nursing homes located in San Jose, California. This facility received an A- overall, which is an elite score. This grade is even better than the city grade of B+ in San Jose, which is also an impressive grade. This nursing home's strong profile was highlighted by its long-term care score, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Mission De La Casa Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on San Jose senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
We also found that this nursing home excelled in long-term care. We awarded them an A+ in this category. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in long-term care it generally means it has plenty of staff and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. After looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 99.80879 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents healthy. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our inspections rating. Inspection ratings weigh several factors found on a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this category tend to have few severe deficiencies. Although this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Mission De La Casa Nursing & Rehabilitation Center?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our inspections rating. Our nursing grade analyzes quite a few factors, but the primary one is the level of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as employing a policy of moving residents more often.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we looked at was short-term care. We gave this facility an acceptable grade in that area, with a B-. Even though this is not as strong as several of its other grades, it is still not a bad grade. In the category of short-term care, we seek to evaluate indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We assess the facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. It doesn't look like this nursing home provided data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The final metric we considered in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 4.8 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Mission De La Casa Nursing & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Mission De La Casa Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 2.22% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percent of long-term patients which have pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Mission De La Casa Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 2.29% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls leading to injury are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Mission De La Casa Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 0.45% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Mission De La Casa Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 8.41% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are given to patients for a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Mission De La Casa Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 1.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Mission De La Casa Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 0% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who are showing depressive symptoms. Many in the industry believe that this is a reliable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Mission De La Casa Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 99.9% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Mission De La Casa Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 11.22% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Mission De La Casa Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 9.09% of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who remained mobile levels.
In Mission De La Casa Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Mission De La Casa Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 9.09% of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Mission De La Casa Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 6.88% of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Mission De La Casa Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 77.98% of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's generally correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for San Jose, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? San Jose, California has 6 other nursing homes
- Regional Medical Center of San JoseAcute Care Hospitals 3.37 miles away225 N Jackson Avenue San Jose California 95116Government - Federal(408) 259-5000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-San JoseAcute Care Hospitals 5.73 miles away250 Hospital Parkway San Jose California 95119Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 972-7000
- Santa Clara Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.78 miles away751 South Bascom Avenue San Jose California 95128Government - Local(408) 885-5000
- O'connor HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.1 miles away2105 Forest Avenue San Jose California 95128Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 947-2500
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.01 miles away2425 Samaritan Drive San Jose California 95124Proprietary(408) 559-2011
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa ClaraAcute Care Hospitals 9.36 miles away700 Lawrence Expressway Santa Clara California 95051Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 236-6400
- Kaiser Permanente Psychiatric Health Facility-SantPsychiatric 9.64 miles away3840 Homestead Road Santa Clara California 95051Proprietary(408) 851-4850
- El Camino HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.26 miles away2500 Grant Road Mountain View California 94040Government - Hospital District or Authority(650) 940-7000
- Tully Dialysis Center0.52 miles away1290 Tully Rd Suite 80 San Jose California 95122CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (408) 993-8959
- Satellite Dialysis Silver Creek1.21 miles away1620 East Capitol Expressway San Jose California 95121CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (408) 754-3400
- Satellite Healthcare Evergreen1.83 miles away3251 South White Road, Suite 10 San Jose California 95148Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 766-6500
- Aborn Dialysis Center1.84 miles away3162 S White Road San Jose California 95148CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (408) 223-0620
- Davita Eastridge Dialysis1.87 miles away3501 E Capitol Expressway San Jose California 95122Dialysis Stations: 24 (408) 239-0466
- Satellite Dialysis San Jose3.13 miles away2121 Alexian Drive San Jose California 95116CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 56 (408) 258-8720
- Satellite Dialysis White Road3.32 miles away1450 S White Road #30 San Jose California 95127CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 272-9810
- Satellite Dialysis San Jose4.7 miles away393 Blossom Hill Road Suite 110 San Jose California 95123CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 629-9802