Mission Care Center is one of five available facilities located in Rosemead, California. We gave it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the pack score. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Rosemead. One of the better aspects of this nursing home's report card is its impressive inspection reports, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Mission Care Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
4800 Delta Avenue,
Rosemead CA 91770
86.61% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
We want to draw your attention to the fact that this facility outperformed its overall score in the category of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless government inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our best scores in that area with an A-. Our inspection scores account for several factors included in a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this area typically have few severe deficiencies. This nursing home received 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to create an imminent threat to patient safety or health. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was given a strong short-term care grade. As a matter of fact, we gave them a B+ in that area, which is one of our better. Our short-term care grade is often employed to measure a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. In order to provide good rehabilitation services, facilities generally must feature better levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. Remarkably, this facility provides its residents with at least 50% more physical therapist hours per week than the average facility. The final metric we assessed in this category is the number of residents who eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that it fared better than most nursing homes in this area with 55 percent of its patients returning home. Unfortunately, at most facilities, fewer than half of their short-term residents are able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Mission Care Center?
This nursing home also received a strong nursing grade. In fact, we awarded it a grade of B in that category, which is one of our better scores. In determining our nursing scores, we assess both nursing hours and the skill levels of those nurses. This particular facility provided 4.6 hours of nursing care per resident daily, which was among the more impressive figures we found. Lastly, this facility also performed well in several of the quality measures we looked at. For example, in terms of the percentage of its residents sustaining falls leading to serious injury, this nursing home performed as well as any facility in the nation. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we looked at is long-term care, which proved to be this facility's least impressive area. We awarded this nursing home a D in that area. Unfortunately, this category hurt the nursing home's overall grade a bit. In a long-term care environment, the nursing home's primary goal is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. After assessing nursing hours provided by this facility, we turned to the facility's vaccination record. With a long-term care grade in this range, we were pleasantly surprised to discover that this facility performed reasonably well both of these statistics. In fact, this nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is higher than many nursing homes. To our surprise, this nursing home was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Sadly, some of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Mission Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Mission Care Center, 7.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Mission Care Center, 1.66% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Mission Care Center, 1.19% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often associated with nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better hygiene protocols can reduce the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Mission Care Center, 9.98% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Mission Care Center, 13.87% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Mission Care Center, 4.32% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents showing depressive symptoms. Some experts believe this is a measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Mission Care Center, 96.21% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Mission Care Center, 8.35% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Mission Care Center, 14.01% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Mission Care Center, 14.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Mission Care Center, 9.82 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Mission Care Center, 79.69% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Rosemead, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Rosemead, California has 4 other nursing homes
- San Gabriel Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.35 miles away438 W Las Tunas Drive San Gabriel California 91776Proprietary(626) 289-5454
- Garfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.6 miles away525 N Garfield Ave Monterey Park California 91754Proprietary(626) 573-2222
- Methodist Hospital of Southern CaAcute Care Hospitals 3.89 miles away300 W Huntington Dr Arcadia California 91006Voluntary non-profit - Private(626) 445-4441
- Huntington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.9 miles away100 W California Blvd Pasadena California 91109Voluntary non-profit - Other(626) 397-5000
- Beverly HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.24 miles away309 W Beverly Blvd Montebello California 90640Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 726-1222
- Lac+Usc Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.35 miles away1200 N State St, Room c2k100 Los Angeles California 90033Government - Local(323) 226-2800
- Los Angeles Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.5 miles away4081 E Olympic Blvd Los Angeles California 90023Proprietary(323) 267-0477
- Pih Health Hospital-WhittierAcute Care Hospitals 8.88 miles away12401 Washington Blvd Whittier California 90602Voluntary non-profit - Private(526) 698-0811
- San Gabriel Nephrology Services, LLC0.29 miles away801 S. San Gabriel Blvd. San Gabriel California 91776CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (626) 285-1830
- Rosemead Dialysis Center1.85 miles away7403 Hellman Avenue Rosemead California 91770Dialysis Stations: 17 (626) 280-6161
- u.s. Renal Care Rosemead Dialysis1.91 miles away3100 Del Mar Avenue Rosemead California 91770CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 288-7860
- Davita-Rosemead Springs Dialysis Center2.09 miles away3212 Rosemead Blvd. El Monte California 91731CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (626) 280-2080
- Temple City Dialysis Facility, Inc.2.09 miles away9945 Lower Azusa Road Temple City California 91780CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 442-3400
- Davita-Garfield Hemodialysis Center2.65 miles away118 Hilliard Avenue Monterey Park California 91754CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (626) 288-5796
- Davita-Arcadia Oaks Dialysis3.32 miles away721 W Huntington Drive, Suite a-D Arcadia California 91007CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (626) 294-9682
- Fmc-San Gabriel Valley Pd Clinic3.36 miles away1801 W. Valley Blvd., Suite 204 Alhambra California 91803Dialysis Stations: 6 (626) 457-6540