Milpitas Care Center is a small facility located in Milpitas, California. This is a relatively poor facility, with an overall grade of D. If you are not satisfied with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may have to look in other cities as this is the only nursing home in Milpitas. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's report card is its impressive inspection rating. You can scroll down to find out about inspections and other category grades
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Milpitas Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Milpitas senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we didn't give this nursing home a good overall grade, we actually gave it a strong grade in the area of inspections, where it earned a B+. Inspection grades are tied to pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key item to look for on these inspections. You should especially avoid facilities with severe deficiencies associated with endangerment of patients. While this place had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. A couple minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
We also ended up giving this facility a fairly respectable grade in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of C. Our nursing rating is primarily based on a nursing home's nurse staffing. This place averages just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis, which is a very low figure. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility actually excelled in some of the quality measures we assessed. In fact, it performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Does this page answer your questions about Milpitas Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
We awarded this facility a grade of just D for our short-term care rating. This is not a very good score. Short-term care ratings are based on the nursing home's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a broad range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. Considering its score in this area, we were not surprised to discover that this facility was well below average in terms of the quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its patients based on the figures we looked at. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. This wasn't a strength for this nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. At most nursing homes, around half of their patients are able to return home so this is well below average.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's weakest category was long-term care, which is the final category we assessed. In this area, we awarded this facility a grade of just D. In a long-term care setting, the facility's primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. One of the factors we considered on top of nurse's aid hours is vaccines. Fortunately, this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 95.454544 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had fewer hospitalizations than the average nursing home. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Milpitas Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Milpitas Care Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Milpitas Care Center, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients which experienced falls resulting in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Milpitas Care Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely caused by a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this datapoint could also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Milpitas Care Center, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Milpitas Care Center, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents that are given antianxiety medication. These medications are prescribed to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Milpitas Care Center, 5.83% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients demonstrating signs of depression. Many believe that this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Milpitas Care Center, 95.65% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Milpitas Care Center, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate decline of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Milpitas Care Center, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Milpitas Care Center, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Milpitas Care Center, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Milpitas Care Center, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Milpitas Care Center, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- Regional Medical Center of San JoseAcute Care Hospitals 5.37 miles away225 N Jackson Avenue San Jose California 95116Government - Federal(408) 259-5000
- O'connor HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.92 miles away2105 Forest Avenue San Jose California 95128Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 947-2500
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa ClaraAcute Care Hospitals 7.75 miles away700 Lawrence Expressway Santa Clara California 95051Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 236-6400
- Santa Clara Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.78 miles away751 South Bascom Avenue San Jose California 95128Government - Local(408) 885-5000
- Kaiser Permanente Psychiatric Health Facility-SantPsychiatric 7.79 miles away3840 Homestead Road Santa Clara California 95051Proprietary(408) 851-4850
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - FremontAcute Care Hospitals 9.61 miles away39400 Paseo Padre Pkwy Fremont California 94538Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 784-4000
- El Camino HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.97 miles away2500 Grant Road Mountain View California 94040Government - Hospital District or Authority(650) 940-7000
- Washington HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.15 miles away2000 Mowry Ave Fremont California 94538Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 797-1111
- Satellite Dialysis2.19 miles away1860 Milmont Drive Milpitas California 95035CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (408) 935-0600
- Davita Silicon Valley Home Training3.28 miles away725 Ridder Park Dr., Ste 50 San Jose California 95131Dialysis Stations: 8 (408) 392-0239
- Davita Silicon Valley Dialysis3.28 miles away725 Ridder Park., Ste 10 San Jose California 95131CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (408) 392-0390
- Kaiser Permanente - Skyport3.98 miles away1721 Technology Drive Dept #245 San Jose California 95110Dialysis Stations: 1 (408) 436-4300
- Satellite Dialysis San Jose5.59 miles away2121 Alexian Drive San Jose California 95116CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 56 (408) 258-8720
- Satellite Dialysis White Road5.96 miles away1450 S White Road #30 San Jose California 95127CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 272-9810
- Satellite Dialysis Sunnyvale6.63 miles away155 North Wolfe Rd Sunnyvale California 94086CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 617-1887
- Cornerhouse Dialysis Center6.81 miles away2005 Naglee Avenue San Jose California 95128Dialysis Stations: 16 (408) 998-0183