Miller's Merry Manor in Mooresville is in Mooresville, Indiana. The city has a total of 23,053 people. This is a middle of the pack facility, with an overall grade of B-. Based on our analysis, this nursing home has some redeeming qualities. The best part of this nursing home's profile is its remarkable inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Miller's Merry Manor in Mooresville
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Adult Day Care
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Aquatic Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility's overall grade was decent, it really fared well in the category of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A+ for that category, which is one of our highest scores. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This means CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was given a favorable grade in our short-term care category. We gave this facility a better than average grade of B+ in this category. Short-term care ratings are based in part on a facility's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a broad range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who who were able to eventually return home from this facility. We found that 6.1 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Miller's Merry Manor in Mooresville?
Another strength of this nursing home is its favorable grade in nursing. We gave them one of our better scores in that area, with an impressive grade of D. Our nursing score is based on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We weigh both the levels of skill of those nurses as well as the amount of time spent with patients. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing ratings. This facility fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we looked at is long-term care, is this facility's weakest area. We awarded this nursing home a D in that area. This really is one of the few dings of an otherwise impressive report card. For patients looking for a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are a key measure. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination record. We were pleased to find that this facility vaccinated 97.87234 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility has less hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Miller's Merry Manor in Mooresville Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Miller's Merry Manor in Mooresville, 7.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Miller's Merry Manor in Mooresville, 3.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients who suffered falls which resulted in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Miller's Merry Manor in Mooresville, 1.87% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often associated with facilities with worst hygiene practices. Better hygiene protocols limits the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Miller's Merry Manor in Mooresville, 13.18% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Miller's Merry Manor in Mooresville, 21.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Miller's Merry Manor in Mooresville, 12.89% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are showing symptoms of depression. Increased levels of depression may reveal lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Miller's Merry Manor in Mooresville, 91.48% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Miller's Merry Manor in Mooresville, 15.74% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could indicate the decline of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Miller's Merry Manor in Mooresville, 15.7% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Miller's Merry Manor in Mooresville, 15.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Miller's Merry Manor in Mooresville, 11.29 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Miller's Merry Manor in Mooresville, 73.78% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Franciscan Health MooresvilleAcute Care Hospitals 1.36 miles away1201 Hadley Rd Mooresville Indiana 46158Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 831-1160
- St Vincent Neighborhood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.62 miles away9613 East Us Highway 36 Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 703-1999
- Iu Health West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.01 miles away1111 N Ronald Reagan Pkwy Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 217-3000
- Hendricks Regional HealthAcute Care Hospitals 12.05 miles away1000 E Main St Danville Indiana 46122Government - Local(317) 745-4451
- Community Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 13.27 miles away1402 E County Line Rd S Indianapolis Indiana 46227Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 887-7000
- Franciscan Health IndianapolisAcute Care Hospitals 16.09 miles away8111 S Emerson Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46237Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 528-5000
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 16.14 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 16.95 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- Davita - Plainfield5.33 miles away8110 Network Drive Plainfield Indiana 46168CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 838-8089
- Davita - Avon Dialysis10.88 miles away9210 Rockville Road, Ste D Indianapolis Indiana 46234Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 209-2544
- Fmc - Hendricks County11.94 miles away1594 E Main Street Danville Indiana 46122Dialysis Stations: 21 (317) 718-0347
- Fmc - Morgan County12.95 miles away2084 Hospital Drive Martinsville Indiana 46151Dialysis Stations: 12 (765) 349-9429
- Fmc - Indianapolis-West12.97 miles away805 Beachway Drive Suite 100 Indianapolis Indiana 46224Dialysis Stations: 18 (317) 484-3550
- Fmc - Indianapolis-South13.26 miles away1350 E County Line Rd Suite L Indianapolis Indiana 46227Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 865-8520
- Fresenius Medical Care Indiana, LLC14 miles away6826 Madison Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46227Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 791-8362
- Indiana Dialysis Company14.05 miles away7840 Madison Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46227CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (317) 300-9400