Miller's Merry Manor - Chesterfield is a small facility located in Anderson, Indiana. We gave this facility an above average overall rating of B. In fact, it proved to be ranked among the three highest graded nursing homes in the city. Based on our analysis, this facility has quite a bit going for it. This nursing home's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection rating, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Miller's Merry Manor - Chesterfield
- Nursing Home
- Adult Day Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Aquatic Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home received a quality overall grade as described above, but we especially wanted to point out its nearly flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded it an A in this category. Arguably the most important factor we consider in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this area most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This particular nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also above average in the area of long-term care, where it was given a score of B. It performed better than most facilities in this category. Nursing homes that do well in this category typically are well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to residents. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 99 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents healthy. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Miller's Merry Manor - Chesterfield?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B. Nursing ratings are heavily correlated with quantity of nursing care available. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by having a protocol of turning a resident even once per day.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the next category, this nursing home was awarded a respectable short-term care grade of C. Short-term care scores are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a broad scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final statistic we assessed in this area is the number of patients who eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 5.1 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. This figure was below the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Miller's Merry Manor - Chesterfield Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Miller's Merry Manor - Chesterfield, 7.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents that are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Miller's Merry Manor - Chesterfield, 3.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Miller's Merry Manor - Chesterfield, 1.87% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of nursing care . UTI's are often linked to a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this metric may also be misleading for some facilities due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Miller's Merry Manor - Chesterfield, 13.18% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Miller's Merry Manor - Chesterfield, 21.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Miller's Merry Manor - Chesterfield, 12.89% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who are exhibiting signs of depression. Some experts would argue that this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Miller's Merry Manor - Chesterfield, 91.48% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Miller's Merry Manor - Chesterfield, 15.74% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Miller's Merry Manor - Chesterfield, 15.7% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Miller's Merry Manor - Chesterfield, 1.46 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Miller's Merry Manor - Chesterfield, 15.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Miller's Merry Manor - Chesterfield, 11.29 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Miller's Merry Manor - Chesterfield, 73.78% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many believe this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Anderson, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Anderson, Indiana has 6 other nursing homes
- St Vincent Anderson Regional Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 4.17 miles away2015 Jackson St Anderson Indiana 46016Voluntary non-profit - Private(765) 646-8373
- Community Hospital of Anderson and Madison CountyAcute Care Hospitals 4.89 miles away1515 N Madison Ave Anderson Indiana 46011Voluntary non-profit - Private(765) 298-4242
- Indiana University Health Ball Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.75 miles away2401 University Ave Muncie Indiana 47303Voluntary non-profit - Private(765) 747-3111
- Henry County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.96 miles away1000 N 16th St New Castle Indiana 47362Government - Local(765) 521-0890
- St Vincent Mercy HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 17.11 miles away1331 S a St Elwood Indiana 46036Voluntary non-profit - Church(765) 552-4743
- St Vincent Fishers Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 18.67 miles away13861 Olio Road Fishers Indiana 46037Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 415-9000
- Fmc - Dialysis Institute of Anderson4.15 miles away1815 Jackson St. Anderson Indiana 46016CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (765) 649-4792
- Us Renal Care-Daleville4.39 miles away2220 E. 59th Street Anderson Indiana 46013Dialysis Stations: 13 (765) 378-1735
- Fmc - Muncie Dialysis10.29 miles away4021 West Kilgore Ave. Muncie Indiana 47304CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (765) 284-3049
- Dsi - North Muncie11.59 miles away2705 W North Street Muncie Indiana 47303CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (765) 747-3020
- Davita - Muncie14.18 miles away820 E Mcgalliard Muncie Indiana 47303Dialysis Stations: 12 (765) 282-1266
- Dsi - North Granville Dialysis Clinic14.2 miles away3001 North Granville Ave. Muncie Indiana 47303Dialysis Stations: 16 (765) 288-3740
- Fmc - Elwood16.23 miles away1805 S. Anderson Street Elwood Indiana 46036Dialysis Stations: 12 (765) 557-2362
- Fmc New Castle16.7 miles away101 Emerson Avenue New Castle Indiana 47362Dialysis Stations: 21 (765) 521-0938