Mill Run Care Center is one of only three available facilities in Hilliard, Ohio. This is a fine facility. We awarded it an overall grade of B, which is a very solid grade. This facility truly has plenty of good features. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong profile is its inspection grade. We discuss inspections in the next section
Mill Run Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Best Nursing Home in Hilliard, Ohio Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Hilliard, Ohio Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Our inspection grades are based on datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this category typically have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded a strong short-term care grade. Indeed, we awarded it an above average score of B+ in this area. With our short-term care rating, we endeavor to create a meaningful barometer for rehabilitation services. In this process, we analyze the facility's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of patients who were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 5.8 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Mill Run Care Center?
The next highest grade we gave this nursing home came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of C. This wasn't quite as good as some of its other scores, but a grade in this range is not the end of the world. Our nursing rating is mostly tied to the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This figure is far below average. Lastly, we also looked at several nursing quality measures. Although this nursing home got docked a bit for its nursing hours per resident, it actually excelled in a few of these quality measures. With fewer than five percent of its residents suffering from pressure ulcers, it performed remarkably well in this metric. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a system of turning a patient at least once a day.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the last category, this facility was given a grade of C in long-term care, which is generally a respectable rating. For patients seeking a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is an important category. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Fortunately, this facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents, which is a very respectable percentage. This facility was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Mill Run Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Mill Run Care Center, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure measures the percent of long-term residents who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Mill Run Care Center, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who have suffered a fall resulting in major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Mill Run Care Center, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Mill Run Care Center, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used to treat a variety of conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Mill Run Care Center, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percent of long-term patients who were given antianxiety medication. These medications are given to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Mill Run Care Center, 20.26% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. High rates of depression may be an indicator lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Mill Run Care Center, 90.12% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Mill Run Care Center, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Mill Run Care Center, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Mill Run Care Center, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Mill Run Care Center, 12 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Mill Run Care Center, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements.
- Riverside Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.59 miles away3535 Olentangy River Rd Columbus Ohio 43214Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 566-5000
- Doctors HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.04 miles away5100 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43228Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 544-1000
- Twin Valley Behavioral HealthcarePsychiatric 5.58 miles away2200 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43223Government - Local(614) 752-0333
- Ohio State University HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 5.59 miles away410 West 10th Avenue Columbus Ohio 43210Government - State(614) 293-9700
- Dublin Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.85 miles away7500 Hospital Avenue Dublin Ohio 43016Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 544-8000
- Mount Carmel WestAcute Care Hospitals 6.78 miles away793 West State Street Columbus Ohio 43222Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 234-5000
- Grant Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.92 miles away111 South Grant Avenue Columbus Ohio 43215Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 566-9000
- Nationwide Children's HospitalChildrens 8.75 miles away700 Children's Drive Columbus Ohio 43205Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 722-2000
- Davita - Hilliard Station Dialysis2.5 miles away2447 Hilliard Rome Road Hilliard Ohio 43026Dialysis Stations: 13 (614) 876-3610
- Fmc-Campus Kidney Dialysis Center4.72 miles away1791 Kenny Rd. Columbus Ohio 43210Dialysis Stations: 17 (614) 487-9750
- Bio-Medical Applications of Ohio, Inc.4.83 miles away758 Communications Parkway Columbus Ohio 43217Dialysis Stations: 12 (614) 538-1060
- Fmc Liberty Dialysis West Columbus4.89 miles away4500 West Broad St Columbus Ohio 43228Dialysis Stations: 19 (614) 853-5995
- Davita - Canal Winchester5.05 miles away3568 Gender Road Canal Winchester Ohio 43110Dialysis Stations: 13 (614) 834-3564
- Davita - Columbus Dialysis5.17 miles away226 Graceland Blvd. - Suite 3-09a Columbus Ohio 43214CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (614) 985-1732
- Nxstage Kidney Care/Nxstage Columbus LLC5.29 miles away5665 Woerner Temple Road Dublin Ohio 43016Dialysis Stations: 10 (614) 915-3040
- Fmc - Columbus Northwest6.04 miles away6670 Perimeter Drive, Suite 180 Dublin Ohio 43016Dialysis Stations: 13 (614) 718-2863