Mill Run Care Center is one of only three available facilities in Hilliard, Ohio. This is a quality facility. We gave this it an overall grade of B+, which is very good grade. This facility truly has plenty of good features. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong profile is its short-term care rating. We discuss short-term care in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Mill Run Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Hilliard senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Hilliard, Ohio Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Hilliard, Ohio Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall grade, we awarded this facility an A for our short-term care grade. Short-term care grades are generally used to judge a nursing home's rehabilitation services. To have high-end rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to feature better levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final datapoint we assessed in this category is the number of patients who were able to return home from the facility. We found that 6.5 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
In addition, this facility also performed well in inspections, which is based on the facility's recent inspection reports. We gave it an A- for that category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection ratings. One key factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some end up being relatively minor. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G through L. This means CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Mill Run Care Center?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B+. Our nursing rating focuses on the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We consider both the levels of training of those nurses as well as the number of hours spent with patients. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as having a system of moving a resident more often.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we scored is long-term care, where this facility was awarded a grade of C. While this is its least impressive category score, this is nevertheless not a terrible score. Our long-term care grades are more meaningful for residents in need of more traditional assistance related to activities of daily living. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Thankfully, this facility provided the vaccine to 99.31035 percent of its residents, which is a very respectable statistic. Lastly, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Mill Run Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Mill Run Care Center, 4.85% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a solid measure of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Mill Run Care Center, 1.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term patients which have had falls resulting in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Mill Run Care Center, 0.69% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indicator of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this statistic can also be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Mill Run Care Center, 1.92% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used for treating several conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Mill Run Care Center, 27.68% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. These drugs are typically used to treat patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Mill Run Care Center, 79.71% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Mill Run Care Center, 99.66% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Mill Run Care Center, 6.42% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of decline of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Mill Run Care Center, 5.6% of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that remained mobile levels. Many believe that the ability to move around is important for residents' mental and physical health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Mill Run Care Center, 5.6% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Mill Run Care Center, 6.65% of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Mill Run Care Center, 83.37% of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Riverside Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.59 miles away3535 Olentangy River Rd Columbus Ohio 43214Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 566-5000
- Doctors HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.04 miles away5100 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43228Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 544-1000
- Twin Valley Behavioral HealthcarePsychiatric 5.58 miles away2200 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43223Government - Local(614) 752-0333
- Ohio State University HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 5.59 miles away410 West 10th Avenue Columbus Ohio 43210Government - State(614) 293-9700
- Dublin Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.85 miles away7500 Hospital Avenue Dublin Ohio 43016Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 544-8000
- Mount Carmel WestAcute Care Hospitals 6.78 miles away793 West State Street Columbus Ohio 43222Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 234-5000
- Grant Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.92 miles away111 South Grant Avenue Columbus Ohio 43215Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 566-9000
- Nationwide Children's HospitalChildrens 8.75 miles away700 Children's Drive Columbus Ohio 43205Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 722-2000
- Davita - Hilliard Station Dialysis2.5 miles away2447 Hilliard Rome Road Hilliard Ohio 43026Dialysis Stations: 13 (614) 876-3610
- Fmc-Campus Kidney Dialysis Center4.72 miles away1791 Kenny Rd. Columbus Ohio 43210Dialysis Stations: 17 (614) 487-9750
- Bio-Medical Applications of Ohio, Inc.4.83 miles away758 Communications Parkway Columbus Ohio 43217Dialysis Stations: 12 (614) 538-1060
- Fmc Liberty Dialysis West Columbus4.89 miles away4500 West Broad St Columbus Ohio 43228Dialysis Stations: 19 (614) 853-5995
- Davita - Canal Winchester5.05 miles away3568 Gender Road Canal Winchester Ohio 43110Dialysis Stations: 13 (614) 834-3564
- Davita - Columbus Dialysis5.17 miles away226 Graceland Blvd. - Suite 3-09a Columbus Ohio 43214CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (614) 985-1732
- Nxstage Kidney Care/Nxstage Columbus LLC5.29 miles away5665 Woerner Temple Road Dublin Ohio 43016Dialysis Stations: 10 (614) 915-3040
- Fmc - Columbus Northwest6.04 miles away6670 Perimeter Drive, Suite 180 Dublin Ohio 43016Dialysis Stations: 13 (614) 718-2863