With an address in Grand Prairie, Texas, Metroplex Nursing and Rehabilitation is the lone option located in this city. Featuring an overall score of C, this is likely a decent nursing home. In our view, this nursing home is a good fit for quite a few people. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's profile is its exemplary inspection grade, which we will address in the next section.
Metroplex Nursing and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2020 by Nick Lata
Note: Data for Metroplex Nursing and Rehabilitation has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Speech Therapy
While this nursing home's overall grade was decent, it really excelled in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A+ for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Inspection scores are tied to many datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that score well in this area have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This nursing home was assessed 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to create an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple of minor deficiencies shouldn't stop you from considering a nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
The next highest area we awarded this nursing home in any category came in the area of long-term care, where we gave it a B-. Our long-term care grade assesses a facility's personal care instead of the skilled nursing or medical services that are critical to a skilled nursing facility. On top of considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 29.694324 percent of its patients. This is several points below the national average. Nevertheless, this facility was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Metroplex Nursing and Rehabilitation?
One of this facility's better category grades was in the area of nursing care. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of B-. The nursing score features many datapoints. The most important one is the quantity of hours nurses spend with patients. This particular nursing home provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This figure is significantly below the national average. Lastly, our nursing scores also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this nursing home performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is usually a reliable indicator that a place has sufficient quality controls in place. Many falls could be avoided if a facility supplies enough nurses aids to assist its patients.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at was short-term care. Unfortunately, we gave it an abysmal F for this category, which is an abysmal grade. This is certainly a significant disappointment. Our short-term care grades are based on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a vast scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. Based on its score in this category, we were not surprised to learn that this place is well below average in terms of its quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its residents based on the measures we assessed. The final datapoint we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients that were able to return home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 3.9 percent of its residents returning home. This was well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Metroplex Nursing and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Metroplex Nursing and Rehabilitation, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of long-term residents who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Metroplex Nursing and Rehabilitation, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents which sustained a fall which caused major injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Metroplex Nursing and Rehabilitation, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely the result of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this metric can be misleading for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Metroplex Nursing and Rehabilitation, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term stay residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Metroplex Nursing and Rehabilitation, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term stay residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally given to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Metroplex Nursing and Rehabilitation, 4.81% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are showing depressive symptoms. Increased rates of depression may reveal lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Metroplex Nursing and Rehabilitation, 94.64% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Metroplex Nursing and Rehabilitation, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Metroplex Nursing and Rehabilitation, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who maintained mobility.
In Metroplex Nursing and Rehabilitation, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Metroplex Nursing and Rehabilitation, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Metroplex Nursing and Rehabilitation, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure patient care during rehabilitation.
- Texas Health Arlington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.5 miles away800 W Randol Mill Rd Arlington Texas 76012Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 548-6100
- Medical City ArlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 7.14 miles away3301 Matlock Road Arlington Texas 76015Proprietary(817) 465-3241
- Baylor Medical Center at IrvingAcute Care Hospitals 7.23 miles away1901 N Macarthur Blvd Irving Texas 75061Voluntary non-profit - Private(972) 579-8100
- Baylor Scott and White Orthopedic and Spine HospiAcute Care Hospitals 7.59 miles away707 Highlander Blvd Arlington Texas 76015Proprietary(817) 549-2364
- Usmd Hospital at Arlington L PAcute Care Hospitals 7.63 miles away801 W Interstate 20 Arlington Texas 76017Physician(817) 472-3400
- Texas Health HebAcute Care Hospitals 9.56 miles away1600 Hospital Parkway Bedford Texas 76022Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 848-4000
- Methodist Charlton Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.79 miles away3500 W Wheatland Road Dallas Texas 75237Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 947-7777
- Pine Creek Medical Center LlpAcute Care Hospitals 10.65 miles away9032 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas Texas 75235Proprietary(214) 231-2273
- Grand Prairie Dialysis Center Inc0.58 miles away550 S Carrier Parkway Suite 450 Grand Prairie Texas 75051Dialysis Stations: 24 (972) 237-2400
- Fresenius Medical Care Grand Prairie0.69 miles away825 Dalworth Street Grand Prairie Texas 75050CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (972) 266-3891
- Usrc Tarrant Dialysis Center - Grand Prairie0.74 miles away1006 North Carrier Parkway Grand Prairie Texas 75050CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (972) 263-7202
- Dialysis Care of Grand Prairie3.03 miles away402 N Carrier Parkway Suite 102 Grand Prairie Texas 75050Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 264-2660
- Greater Irving I Regional Dialysis Center, LLC4.93 miles away1950 Ne Green Oaks Blvd Suite 190 Arlington Texas 76006Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 460-0510
- Usrc West Grand Prairie, LLC4.97 miles away4045 S. Great Southwest Parkway Suite 100 Grand Prairie Texas 75052Dialysis Stations: 8 (972) 375-0028
- Arlington Dialysis5.46 miles away1250 E. Pioneer Parkway Suite 700 Arlington Texas 76010Dialysis Stations: 12 (817) 469-6100
- North Arlington Dialysis5.58 miles away642 Lincoln Square Arlington Texas 76011Dialysis Stations: 19 (817) 542-0529