Metrohealth System is a small hospital-based facility located in Cleveland, Ohio. We awarded this nursing home an A- overall grade, ranking it in the top 20 percent of all facilities in the nation. Even in a city of 48 other nursing homes, this facility stood out as a quality option. Scroll down to find this facility's category ratings, which are also impressive. It's hard to find any major flaws in this nursing home's profile.
- Nursing Home
Updated Feb 1, 2019 by Nick Reese
2500 Metrohealth Drive,
Cleveland OH 44109
Note: Data for Metrohealth System has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - County
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Radiation Therapy
On top of being a great facility overall, it also earned A+ inspections in recent years. Its inspections were nearly flawless. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Facilities with higher scores in this category most likely avoided the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. It doesn't appear that we have deficiency data for this facility. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded a fine short-term care score. In fact, this ended up being its second most impressive category grade. In that category, we gave this facility a grade of A. Short-term care scores are important for patients in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires additional highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a vast scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Metrohealth System?
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B+ in this area. We assessed the qualifications of nurses working for the nursing home, as well as the quantity of hours the nurses were with patients, in computing our rating in this category. This facility provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as having a policy of moving a patient more often.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we rated was long-term care, where this facility was given a B+. This wrapped up a first-rate profile. Only a select few facilities received a B+ or higher in every single category. For prospective residents seeking a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. After assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. It does not appear that this facility submitted data regarding vaccinations. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Metrohealth System Quality Metrics
Frequency Of ER Visits
In Metrohealth System, 0 ER visits per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of long-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Metrohealth System, 12 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Metrohealth System, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts believe that this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Cleveland, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cleveland, Ohio has 47 other nursing homes
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 0.1 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.76 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.55 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 4.79 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.54 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 5.54 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.75 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Fairview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.5 miles away18101 Lorain Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44111Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 476-7000
- Community Dialysis Center0.26 miles away3330 West 25th Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (216) 741-5776
- Fmc - Farnsworth Dialysis0.27 miles away3280 W 25th St Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (216) 739-0500
- Davita - St Vincent Quadrangle Dialysis2.5 miles away2302 Community College Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44115Dialysis Stations: 13 (216) 574-4805
- Davita - Detroit Road Dialysis2.57 miles away7901 Detroit Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44102Dialysis Stations: 23 (216) 961-6498
- Davita - Ridge Park Dialysis2.81 miles away4805 Pearl Road Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (216) 398-6029
- Cleveland Clinic Childrens Hosp for Rehabilitation4.78 miles away2801 Martin Luther King Jr Dr Cleveland Ohio 44104Dialysis Stations: 8 (216) 444-6123
- University Hospitals of Cleveland - Dialysis4.83 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue, Suite 2100 Cleveland Ohio 44106Dialysis Stations: 20 (216) 844-1585
- Comunity Dialysis Center4.85 miles away1370 Addison Road Cleveland Ohio 44103CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (216) 431-0668