With an address in Brick, New Jersey, Meridian Nursing and Rehabilitation at Brick is one of four facilities in the city. This nursing home has the distinction of being the top rated nursing home in New Jersey. In our view, this place ought to be a great choice for just about anybody. Headlining this nursing home's remarkable profile is its inspection grade, which is addressed in the next section.
Meridian Nursing and Rehabilitation at Brick
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
415 Jack Martin Blvd,
Brick NJ 08724
58.97% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to point out the fact that this facility has received near flawless health inspections recently. We awarded them an A+ in this category. Our inspection grades are tied to pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this area typically have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. It does not look like we have information on deficiency's for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This top-shelf facility also fared very well in the category of long-term care, where we awarded it a grade of A+. Only a small group of nursing homes performed better in this category. Facilities that do well in long-term care typically provide residents with closer supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. On top of elite nursing hour statistics, this facility's vaccination record was as good as it gets also. Indeed, this facility vaccinated 99.047615 percent of its patients for pneumonia. The last datapoint we looked at is its hospitalization rate. We found that this nursing home had 2.25 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days.
Does this page answer your questions about Meridian Nursing and Rehabilitation at Brick?
This nursing home also received an A+ for its nursing grade. Nursing scores are tied to quantity of nursing care available. This particular facility provided 5.2 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This was one of the more impressive figures we found. In addition, a significant percentage of this care was provided by registered nurses, which are highly skilled nurses. In addition to providing impressive levels of care, this facility also excelled in the quality-based metrics we assessed. It performed as well as any facility in New Jersey in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
In the final category, this nursing home received another A+ for its short-term care score, completing a truly spectacular profile of straight A+'s in all four categories. In determining these short-term care ratings, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The purpose is to devise a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of different facilities. This nursing home is significantly above average in terms of its quantity of both physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents. In fact, it supplied about 1.5 times as much care per resident from both of these care providers than a typical facility provided. The last measure we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that it performed as well as just about any facility in New Jersey in this area with 65 percent of its patients returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Meridian Nursing and Rehabilitation at Brick Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Meridian Nursing and Rehabilitation at Brick, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Meridian Nursing and Rehabilitation at Brick, 2.59% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that sustained a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Meridian Nursing and Rehabilitation at Brick, 1.67% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision can limit the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Note that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Meridian Nursing and Rehabilitation at Brick, 10.61% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Meridian Nursing and Rehabilitation at Brick, 17.39% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. These medications are commonly used to treat residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Meridian Nursing and Rehabilitation at Brick, 5.91% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Meridian Nursing and Rehabilitation at Brick, 92.7% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Meridian Nursing and Rehabilitation at Brick, 11.08% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and eating. Many argue that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Meridian Nursing and Rehabilitation at Brick, 14.69% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Meridian Nursing and Rehabilitation at Brick, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Meridian Nursing and Rehabilitation at Brick, 14.69 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Meridian Nursing and Rehabilitation at Brick, 8.11 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Meridian Nursing and Rehabilitation at Brick, 81.01% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Brick, NJ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Brick, New Jersey has 3 other nursing homes
- Ocean Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.13 miles away425 Jack Martin Blvd Brick New Jersey 08724Voluntary non-profit - Other(732) 840-2200
- Monmouth Medical Center-Southern CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4.7 miles away600 River Ave Lakewood New Jersey 08701Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 363-1900
- Community Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.14 miles away99 Rt 37 West Toms River New Jersey 08755Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 557-8000
- Centrastate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.52 miles away901 West Main Street Freehold New Jersey 07728Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 431-2000
- Monmouth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.13 miles away300 Second Avenue Long Branch New Jersey 07740Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 222-5200
- Meridian-Fresenius Dialysis at Brick0.41 miles away1640 Route 88 Suite 102 Brick New Jersey 08724CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (732) 785-2690
- Shining Star Davita Bricktown Dc0.56 miles away525 Jack Martin Boulevard Suite 200 Brick New Jersey 08724CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 836-9669
- Physicians Dialysis Brick1.9 miles awayRenal Center 150 Brick Boulevard Brick New Jersey 08723CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (732) 477-2247
- Fresenius Medical Care Toms River3.91 miles away970 Hooper Avenue Toms River New Jersey 08753CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 286-6502
- Fmc Lakewood Dialysis4.3 miles awaySeagull Shopping Plaza 1328 River Avenue Ste 16 Lakewood New Jersey 08701Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 730-2222
- Kamakee Dialysis (Davita Ocean County Dc)4.97 miles away635 Bay Avenue Suite 215 Toms River New Jersey 08753Dialysis Stations: 10 (732) 341-2730
- Wall Township Home Training8.67 miles away5100 Belmar Blvd Ste 1 Farmingdale New Jersey 07727Dialysis Stations: 6 (732) 938-2780
- Davita Jackson Township Dialysis9.65 miles away260 North County Line Road Suite 120 Jackson New Jersey 08527Dialysis Stations: 10 (732) 364-2055