Menorah House is in Boca Raton, Florida. We awarded this facility a very respectable overall grade of A-. In fact, we ranked it as the fifth best facility in Boca Raton. Based on our analysis, this facility is simply as good as it gets. One of the highlights of this nursing home's report card is its impressive long-term care rating, which is addressed in the next section.
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
9945 Central Park Blvd N,
Boca Raton FL 33428
83.91% estimated occupancy 1
Please note our records indicate that Menorah House has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Top Nursing Home in Florida Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Florida Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
In addition to being a first rate facility overall, this facility also excelled in our long-term care category, where it earned an impressive grade of A+. Few facilities fared better in this category. Nursing homes that do well in this category tend to be well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. Once we finished looking at the volume of nursing care, we turned to the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 99.649124 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia can be a deadly health condition for nursing home residents so we prefer when a facility does not leave its residents vulnerable. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place received 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that CMS did not consider any of these deficiencies to create an immediate risk to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Menorah House?
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed is short-term care. Adding to its top-shelf resume, this facility also excelled in that area. In fact, it received a of A- in the category. Our short-term care grades are meaningful for residents in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a wide range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last item we assessed in this category is the number of patients that ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that 5.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
The next category we rated was nursing, in which this facility was awarded a grade of B. Although this is its lowest category grade, this is still a good rating. Our nursing score considers several subcategories. The most important variable is the quantity of hours nurses spent with residents. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Menorah House Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Menorah House, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents who have pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are an indicator of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Menorah House, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are often associated with lower quality nursing care. More supervision minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Menorah House, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term residents who suffered from a UTI. UTI's may be an indication of poor nursing care. However, this datapoint can also be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Menorah House, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term residents that were prescribed antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Menorah House, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Menorah House, 2.33% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Menorah House, 94.94% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Menorah House, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Menorah House, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Menorah House, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Menorah House, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Menorah House, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Menorah House, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Boca Raton, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Boca Raton, Florida has 10 other nursing homes
- West Boca Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.35 miles away21644 State Rd 7 Boca Raton Florida 33428Proprietary(561) 488-8100
- Boca Raton Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.04 miles away800 Meadows Rd Boca Raton Florida 33486Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 362-5002
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.52 miles away2801 N State Rd 7 Pompano Beach Florida 33063Proprietary(954) 974-0400
- Broward Health Coral SpringsAcute Care Hospitals 7.14 miles away3000 Coral Hills Dr Pompano Beach Florida 33065Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 344-3000
- Delray Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.28 miles away5352 Linton Blvd Delray Beach Florida 33484Proprietary(561) 498-4440
- Broward Health NorthAcute Care Hospitals 7.32 miles away201 E Sample Rd Pompano Beach Florida 33064Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 786-6950
- University Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.72 miles away7201 N University Dr Fort Lauderdale Florida 33321Proprietary(954) 721-2200
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.66 miles away4725 N Federal Hwy Fort Lauderdale Florida 33308Voluntary non-profit - Church(954) 771-8000
- Boca Raton Artificial Kidney Center1.61 miles away998 Nw 9th Ct Boca Raton Florida 33486Dialysis Stations: 14 (561) 392-3940
- West Boca Dialysis Center1.76 miles away19801 Hampton Dr Boca Raton Florida 33434Dialysis Stations: 19 (561) 488-0202
- Dialyze Direct Fl4.67 miles away1601 Clint Moore Ave #160 Boca Raton Florida 33487Dialysis Stations: 1 (561) 609-3100
- Deerfield Beach Dialysis4.92 miles away1983 W Hillsboro Blvd Deerfield Beach Florida 33442Dialysis Stations: 12 (954) 426-3350
- Ara - Boca Raton Dialysis LLC4.94 miles away1905 Clint Moore Rd Ste 211 Boca Raton Florida 33496CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 893-6878
- Boca/Delray Renal Associates Inc4.94 miles away1905 Clint Moore Rd Ste 306 Boca Raton Florida 33496Dialysis Stations: 14 (561) 988-7100
- Pinnacle Dialysis of Boca Raton5.15 miles away2900 N Military Trail Suite 195 Boca Raton Florida 33431CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (561) 241-6667
- Nkc Boca Raton, LLC5.37 miles away7525 North State Road 7 Pompano Beach Florida 33073Dialysis Stations: 6 (561) 370-6290