Menorah House is in Boca Raton, Florida. We awarded this facility a phenomenal overall grade of A. In fact, it turned out to be ranked among the top three nursing homes in the city. Based on our assessment, this facility is just about as as good as it gets. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong profile was its long-term care grade. We discuss long-term care in the next section
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ long-term care grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. Facilities that excel in long-term care typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. After assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 99.63637 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients out of the hospital. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its superb profile, this facility also excelled in our short-term care category. In fact, it received a grade of A in the area. In the category of short-term care, we endeavor to assess indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We assess the facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. We found that 6.7 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Menorah House?
In addition, this nursing home also earned excellent inspections in recent years. We awarded it one of our best grades in that category, with a score of A. Our inspection scores are tied to datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this place had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Moving on to the last area, this nursing home was given an excellent nursing rating. We awarded it a grade of B+ in this area, completing one of our more impressive profiles. Our nursing rating analyzes many subcategories, most of which are associated with nursing hours. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Menorah House Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Menorah House, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Menorah House, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term stay patients who have sustained falls leading to serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Menorah House, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Menorah House, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Menorah House, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents who were prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are commonly prescribed to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Menorah House, 2.43% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Menorah House, 94.61% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Menorah House, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Menorah House, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Menorah House, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Menorah House, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Menorah House, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Menorah House, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Boca Raton, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Boca Raton, Florida has 10 other nursing homes
- West Boca Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.35 miles away21644 State Rd 7 Boca Raton Florida 33428Proprietary(561) 488-8100
- Boca Raton Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.04 miles away800 Meadows Rd Boca Raton Florida 33486Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 362-5002
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.52 miles away2801 N State Rd 7 Pompano Beach Florida 33063Proprietary(954) 974-0400
- Broward Health Coral SpringsAcute Care Hospitals 7.14 miles away3000 Coral Hills Dr Pompano Beach Florida 33065Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 344-3000
- Delray Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.28 miles away5352 Linton Blvd Delray Beach Florida 33484Proprietary(561) 498-4440
- Broward Health NorthAcute Care Hospitals 7.32 miles away201 E Sample Rd Pompano Beach Florida 33064Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 786-6950
- University Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.72 miles away7201 N University Dr Fort Lauderdale Florida 33321Proprietary(954) 721-2200
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.66 miles away4725 N Federal Hwy Fort Lauderdale Florida 33308Voluntary non-profit - Church(954) 771-8000
- Boca Raton Artificial Kidney Center1.61 miles away998 Nw 9th Ct Boca Raton Florida 33486Dialysis Stations: 14 (561) 392-3940
- West Boca Dialysis Center1.76 miles away19801 Hampton Dr Boca Raton Florida 33434Dialysis Stations: 19 (561) 488-0202
- Dialyze Direct Fl4.67 miles away1601 Clint Moore Ave #160 Boca Raton Florida 33487Dialysis Stations: 1 (561) 609-3100
- Deerfield Beach Dialysis4.92 miles away1983 W Hillsboro Blvd Deerfield Beach Florida 33442Dialysis Stations: 12 (954) 426-3350
- Ara - Boca Raton Dialysis LLC4.94 miles away1905 Clint Moore Rd Ste 211 Boca Raton Florida 33496CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 893-6878
- Boca/Delray Renal Associates Inc4.94 miles away1905 Clint Moore Rd Ste 306 Boca Raton Florida 33496Dialysis Stations: 14 (561) 988-7100
- Pinnacle Dialysis of Boca Raton5.15 miles away2900 N Military Trail Suite 195 Boca Raton Florida 33431CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (561) 241-6667
- Nkc Boca Raton, LLC5.37 miles away7525 North State Road 7 Pompano Beach Florida 33073Dialysis Stations: 6 (561) 370-6290