With an address in Hollywood, Florida, Memorial Manor is one of six available facilities in the area. This turns out to be an A+ facility, which is the top rating that we offer. Based on our analysis, this place is simply as good as it gets. Finally, this is a very consistent nursing home with consistently strong grades in all of the major categories. More information about these categories is available below.
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
777 South Douglas Road,
Hollywood FL 33025
84.83% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home received an A+ in the area of long-term care. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in long-term care tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure residents are well cared for. On top of patient-friendly nursing hour statistics, this nursing home's vaccination statistics was top notch also. In fact, this nursing home vaccinated 99.609375 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Finally, we looked at its number of hospitalizations. Here we found that this place had 2.81 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. While this admittedly wasn't as strong as some of its other scores in this area, this figure can be skewed for some nursing homes due to some of the preexisting medical conditions of residents.
This nursing home also earned an A+ inspection grade, making it one of the few places to receive multiple A+'s in our category grades. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Memorial Manor?
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on our third area, this nursing home was awarded an excellent short-term care score. In fact, it received a score of A in this category. Short-term care grades are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This means a broad scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other types of therapy. Remarkably, this nursing home provides about 50% more services from physical therapists and registered nurses than most nursing homes we looked at. This is a very favorable sign. The last item we looked at in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that it fared as well as just about any facility in Florida in this area with 58.1 percent of its patients returning home.
In the last category, we awarded this facility a grade of A+ for our nursing score. This rounded out an elite profile. In determining our nursing ratings, we look at both staffing levels and the training levels of the nurses. This facility provided 4.8 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This was one of the better figures we found. Furthermore, a significant percentage of this care was provided by registered nurses, which are highly skilled nurses. These are both really impressive figures. On top of offering impressive levels of nursing care, this facility also performed well in several of the quality measures we assessed. In terms of the percentage of its patients suffering falls resulting in serious injury, this place performed as well as any nursing home the country.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Memorial Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Memorial Manor, 9.04% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term patients who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Memorial Manor, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients which sustained falls which caused severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Memorial Manor, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Memorial Manor, 11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for several medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Memorial Manor, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antianxiety medications. These medications are generally used to treat residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Memorial Manor, 2.43% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Memorial Manor, 95.03% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Memorial Manor, 13.16% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Memorial Manor, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who retained mobility levels.
In Memorial Manor, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Memorial Manor, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Memorial Manor, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Memorial Manor, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Hollywood, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Hollywood, Florida has 5 other nursing homes
- South Florida State HospitalPsychiatric 0.89 miles away800 E Cypress Dr Hollywood Florida 33025Government - State(305) 967-7000
- Memorial Hospital PembrokeAcute Care Hospitals 2.19 miles away7800 Sheridan St Hollywood Florida 33024Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 962-9650
- Memorial Hospital WestAcute Care Hospitals 2.92 miles away703 N Flamingo Rd Pembroke Pines Florida 33028Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 436-5000
- Memorial Hospital MiramarAcute Care Hospitals 7.14 miles away1901 Sw 172nd Ave Hollywood Florida 33029Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 538-4810
- Aventura Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.73 miles away20900 Biscayne Blvd Miami Florida 33180Voluntary non-profit - Private(305) 682-7000
- Cleveland Clinic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.08 miles away3100 Weston Rd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33331Voluntary non-profit - Private(954) 689-5000
- Palmetto General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.21 miles away2001 W 68th St Hialeah Florida 33016Proprietary(305) 823-5000
- Plantation General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.34 miles away401 Nw 42nd Ave Fort Lauderdale Florida 33317Voluntary non-profit - Private(954) 587-5010
- Universal Kidney Center of Pembroke Pines Miramar0.82 miles away18004 Nw 6th Street Hollywood Florida 33029Dialysis Stations: 21 (954) 433-9400
- Fresenius Kidney Care Pembroke Pines1.02 miles away8100 Johnson Street Hollywood Florida 33024Dialysis Stations: 16 (954) 367-6489
- Johnson Dialysis Center LLC1.56 miles away7769 Johnson St Hollywood Florida 33024CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (954) 962-9640
- Embassy Lakes Artificial Kidney Center1.83 miles away11011 Sheridan St Suite 308 Hollywood Florida 33026CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (954) 430-9166
- Pembroke Pines Dialysis1.95 miles away10970 Pines Blvd. Hollywood Florida 33026CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (954) 435-6145
- Renal Carepartners at Memorial West LLC2.02 miles away601 N Flamingo Road Ste 109 Pembroke Pines Florida 33028CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (954) 362-5010
- Johnson Dialysis Center - Davie2.19 miles away3105 N University Dr Suite #103 Hollywood Florida 33024Dialysis Stations: 15 (954) 362-7087
- A Unique Kidney Center LLC2.19 miles away3105 N University Dr Hollywood Florida 33024Dialysis Stations: 1 (954) 438-6080