Memorial Care Center is a senior living facility in Belleville, Illinois, a city with a population of 95,666 people. We gave this facility an overall rating of A+ which is a very strong overall grade. As a result, it definitely is among the higher quality facilities in Belleville. As far as we can see, this nursing home ought to be a great choice for most people. As you will find below, this facility performed just as well in our category scores. In fact, we gave it straight A's!
Memorial Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Best Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Belleville, Illinois Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Belleville, Illinois Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Belleville, Illinois Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a first rate facility overall, this nursing home also performed well in our inspections category, where it earned an A+. Very few places performed this well in this area. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Unfortunately, it does not appear that we were able to find deficiency data for this facility. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility a score of A+ for its short-term care grade. In our short-term care assessment, we attempt to create a valuable measure for rehabilitation services. In this process, we assess the facility's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.2 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Memorial Care Center?
This nursing home also received an A+ nursing grade, making it one of the few nursing homes to receive multiple A+ category grades. The nursing score is based on many datapoints. The most important variable is the quantity of hours nurses spend with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by having a protocol of turning a patient more often.
Long-term Care Quality
In the final area, we awarded this facility an A+ for our long-term care score. This topped off an elite profile. Long-term care scores in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. One of the statistics we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccinations. It doesn't appear that this nursing home submitted vaccination data. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Memorial Care Center Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Memorial Care Center, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Memorial Care Center, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's often correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Belleville, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Belleville, Illinois has 7 other nursing homes
- Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.13 miles away4500 Memorial Drive Belleville Illinois 62226Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 233-7750
- Touchette Regional Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 4.98 miles away5900 Bond Avenue East Saint Louis Illinois 62207Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 332-3060
- Metro-East Services IncAcute Care Hospitals 6.33 miles away1404 Cross Street O Fallon Illinois 62269Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 607-1000
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.45 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.45 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.85 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- Anderson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.69 miles away6800 State Route 162 Maryville Illinois 62062Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 288-5711
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 16.7 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Davita - Metro East Dialysis0.56 miles away5105 West Main St. Belleville Illinois 62226CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (618) 233-9018
- Fkc - Belleville1.16 miles away6525 W Main Street Belleville Illinois 62223Dialysis Stations: 12 (618) 398-8181
- Davita Edgemont Dialysis3.81 miles away8 Vieux Carre Drive East Saint Louis Illinois 62201Dialysis Stations: 12 (618) 398-3809
- Davita - Shiloh Dialysis5.01 miles away1095 North Green Mount Rd Belleville Illinois 62221CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (618) 628-1108
- Total Renal Care, Inc.5.57 miles away1941 Frank Scott Parkway East, Suite B O Fallon Illinois 62269Dialysis Stations: 12 (618) 622-0592
- Fmc - Regency Park6.62 miles away124 Regency Park Drive O Fallon Illinois 62269CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (618) 622-0634
- Davita - Sauget Dialysis Center9.48 miles away2061 Goose Lake Road East Saint Louis Illinois 62206CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (618) 332-7801
- Davita - Collinsville9.7 miles away101 Lanter Ct. Collinsville Illinois 62234Dialysis Stations: 8 (618) 344-2016