Medilodge of Taylor is a senior living facility in Taylor, Michigan, which has a population of 63,131 people. This nursing home was given an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the pack grade. Interestingly, it is actually ranked as the number one facility in Taylor. The best part of this facility's profile was is its nursing score. Nursing grades are discussed in the next section.
Medilodge of Taylor
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to having a decent overall score, we also wanted to note that this nursing home received favorable nursing marks this year. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a B+. This proved to be the facility's top grade. Our nursing grade is mostly based on the nursing home's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, we also would like to note that this nursing home was awarded positive short-term care marks this year. We awarded them one of our higher grades in that area, with a B. This turned out to be the nursing home's second highest grade. Short-term care grades are often employed to assess a facility's rehabilitation services. To provide good rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to feature higher levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other types of therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final statistic we considered in this area is the number of patients who ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that 5.1 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Medilodge of Taylor?
Turning to the area of health inspections, we gave this nursing home a grade of C for our inspection category. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This facility was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were in any of the categories labeled G through L. This means that inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to present an imminent threat to resident health or safety. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's least impressive category is long-term care, which is the last category we looked at. It received a lowly F for this category. Even with some respectable grades in other areas, this grade is nevertheless alarming so we wanted to point it out. Long-term care ratings in this range generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids, as well as the levels of routine medical care available. After considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination record. Candidly, we were a bit concerned this facility vaccinated 89.54802 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which happens to be several points below average. To our surprise, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Medilodge of Taylor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Medilodge of Taylor, 8.78% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Medilodge of Taylor, 2.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This gauges the percentage of long-term residents who experienced falls which resulted in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Medilodge of Taylor, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Medilodge of Taylor, 13.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Medilodge of Taylor, 18.81% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents who are administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally used to treat patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Medilodge of Taylor, 3.44% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Increased levels of depression could be an indicator a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Medilodge of Taylor, 91.43% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Medilodge of Taylor, 12.1% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and taking a bath. Many argue this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Medilodge of Taylor, 17.7% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Medilodge of Taylor, 1.47 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Medilodge of Taylor, 17.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Medilodge of Taylor, 10.81 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Medilodge of Taylor, 77.3% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe that this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
- Beaumont Hospital - TaylorAcute Care Hospitals 1.53 miles away10000 Telegraph Road Taylor Michigan 48180Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 295-5253
- Henry Ford Wyandotte HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.79 miles away2333 Biddle Ave Wyandotte Michigan 48192Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 246-6000
- Beaumont Hospital - DearbornAcute Care Hospitals 6.12 miles away18101 Oakwood Blvd Dearborn Michigan 48124Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 593-7125
- Beaumont Hospital - WayneAcute Care Hospitals 6.78 miles away33155 Annapolis Ave Wayne Michigan 48184Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 467-4175
- Beaumont Hospital - TrentonAcute Care Hospitals 7.15 miles away5450 Fort Street Trenton Michigan 48183Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 671-3800
- Garden City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.7 miles away6245 Inkster Rd Garden City Michigan 48135Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 421-3300
- Henry Ford HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.05 miles away2799 W Grand Blvd Detroit Michigan 48202Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 916-2600
- Harper University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.25 miles away3990 John R Street Detroit Michigan 48201Proprietary(313) 745-6211
- Fresenius Medical Care - Taylor0.27 miles away22970 Northline Rd Ste 100 Taylor Michigan 48180Dialysis Stations: 12 (734) 287-6585
- Greenfield Hs - Taylor1.68 miles away24565 Haig Road Taylor Michigan 48180CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (313) 291-7800
- Davita - Southgate2.93 miles away14752 Northline Rd Southgate Michigan 48195CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (734) 284-0005
- Riverview Dialysis of Davita4.44 miles away18236 Fort St Riverview Michigan 48193CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (734) 283-4513
- Davita - Downriver Kidney Ctr4.62 miles away5600 Allen Rd Allen Park Michigan 48101CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (313) 382-5933
- Lincoln Park Kidney Center LLC4.93 miles away1491 Southfield Rd Lincoln Park Michigan 48146Dialysis Stations: 20 (313) 928-4560
- Davita - Romulus5.25 miles away31470 Ecorse Rd Romulus Michigan 48174Dialysis Stations: 12 (734) 722-5455
- Fmc Dialysis - Romulus6.07 miles away11200 Metro Airport Center Dr Ste 120 Romulus Michigan 48174Dialysis Stations: 14 (734) 955-7333