Medilodge of Rochester Hills is a nursing home located in Rochester, Michigan, a city with a population of 97,195 people. We awarded this facility an overall grade of B-. A grade in this range requires some solid scores. Based on our assessment, there are definitely much worse nursing homes out there. This facility was stronger in some categories than others, but it didn't have any bad scores in any of our major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Medilodge of Rochester Hills
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Rochester senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home earned a short-term care grade which is better than its overall score. We awarded this nursing home an above average grade of B+ in this area. Our short-term care grade is often employed to grade a facility's rehabilitation services. To have quality rehabilitation services, facilities generally must offer better levels of highly skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final metric we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
This nursing home also received a strong grade in our nursing category. We awarded this nursing home an above average grade of B in this area. Nursing ratings are mostly based on a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Medilodge of Rochester Hills?
Long-term Care Quality
The third category we assessed was long-term care, where this nursing home received a grade of B- in this area. In determining our long-term care ratings, we analyze the assistance with daily living offered to the facility's residents. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 95.90909 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is better than the vast majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Turning to the last category we assessed, this facility received a good score in the area of inspections as well. We awarded it a score of B- for that category. Inspection scores are tied to several pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important thing to look for on these inspections. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to the well being of residents. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are rare in the industry.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Medilodge of Rochester Hills Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Medilodge of Rochester Hills, 8.87% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Medilodge of Rochester Hills, 2.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents who have sustained a fall which caused major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Medilodge of Rochester Hills, 2.23% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Medilodge of Rochester Hills, 13.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Medilodge of Rochester Hills, 19.66% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term care residents that are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Medilodge of Rochester Hills, 3.38% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Medilodge of Rochester Hills, 91.02% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Medilodge of Rochester Hills, 12.09% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Medilodge of Rochester Hills, 13.78% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who remained mobile levels. Many argue that mobility is vital to patients physical and mental well-being.
In Medilodge of Rochester Hills, 1.65 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Medilodge of Rochester Hills, 13.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Medilodge of Rochester Hills, 11.28 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Medilodge of Rochester Hills, 77.57% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Ascension Providence Rochester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.6 miles away1101 W University Drive Rochester Michigan 48307Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 652-5000
- Mclaren OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 7.24 miles away50 N Perry St Pontiac Michigan 48342Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 338-5000
- St Joseph Mercy OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 7.41 miles away44405 Woodward Ave Pontiac Michigan 48341Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 858-3000
- Henry Ford Macomb HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.05 miles away15855 Nineteen Mile Rd Clinton Township Michigan 48038Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 263-2300
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal OakAcute Care Hospitals 11.49 miles away3601 W Thirteen Mile Rd Royal Oak Michigan 48073Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 898-5000
- Ascension Macomb Oakland Hosp-Warren CampusAcute Care Hospitals 14.45 miles away11800 East Twelve Mile Road Warren Michigan 48093Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 573-5000
- Mclaren MacombAcute Care Hospitals 14.85 miles away1000 Harrington St Mount Clemens Michigan 48043Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 493-8000
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.6 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Fms Rochester Hills, LLC0.17 miles away1406 Walton Blvd Rochester Michigan 48309Dialysis Stations: 13 (248) 608-5455
- Fms Beaumont Health, LLC1.8 miles away6700 N Rochester Rd, Suite Gi-14 Rochester Michigan 48306Dialysis Stations: 8 (248) 650-1533
- Rochester Hills Dialysis of Davita3.23 miles away1886 W Auburn Rd Suite 100 Rochester Michigan 48309CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (248) 299-7901
- Fms Beaumonth Health, LLC6.17 miles away44300 Dequindre Rd Sterling Heights Michigan 48314Dialysis Stations: 22 (248) 964-0100
- Fmc - Shelby6.58 miles away56065 Van Dyke Ave Utica Michigan 48316CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 677-2008
- Greenfield Hs - Pontiac7.32 miles away44200 Woodward Ave Ste 109 Pontiac Michigan 48341CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (248) 322-7253
- Davita - Orchard Square Dialysis8.54 miles away1900 S Telegraph Rd Ste 200 Bloomfield Hills Michigan 48302Dialysis Stations: 20 (248) 451-0954
- Greenfield Hs - Troy8.95 miles away2050 Livernois, Suite A Troy Michigan 48083Dialysis Stations: 16 (248) 524-1270