With an address in Plymouth, Michigan, Medilodge of Plymouth is one of only two available nursing homes in this area. This facility was awarded an A- overall, which is among the top scores that we offer. A score in this range requires excellent marks across the board. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top quarter of all nursing homes in the nation. The best part of this nursing home's impressive report card was its inspection grade. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph
Medilodge of Plymouth
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Top Nursing Home in Michigan Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Michigan Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this place ended up being a quality nursing home is that it earned an A+ in our inspections category. This is just about as good as it gets in this critical category. Perhaps the most significant factor we consider in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher scores in this category most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. While this facility had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This tells you the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was elite in the area of short-term care, where we awarded it a grade of A-. Not many nursing homes fared better in this area. In determining these short-term care grades, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our goal is to create a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final item we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients that eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Medilodge of Plymouth?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. In computing a facility's nursing score, we look at the amount of time nurses commit to patients as well as the level of skill of the nurses. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we analyzed was long-term care, in which this facility received a grade of B-. This actually is this nursing home's least impressive area. This is still not a bad grade. For prospective patients seeking a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are an important measure. One of the statistics we considered on top of nurse's aid hours is vaccinations. Fortunately, this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its patients. Lastly, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Medilodge of Plymouth Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Medilodge of Plymouth, 8.78% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term residents that have new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Medilodge of Plymouth, 2.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term patients which suffered a fall resulting in major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Medilodge of Plymouth, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of nursing care . UTI's are often the result of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this statistic may also be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Medilodge of Plymouth, 13.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are used for a variety of conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Medilodge of Plymouth, 18.81% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are used to treat residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Medilodge of Plymouth, 3.44% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Medilodge of Plymouth, 91.43% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Medilodge of Plymouth, 12.1% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the erosion of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Medilodge of Plymouth, 17.7% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term residents that retained mobility levels. Many in the industry believe that the ability to move around is important for patients well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Medilodge of Plymouth, 17.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Medilodge of Plymouth, 10.81 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Medilodge of Plymouth, 77.3% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- St Mary Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.6 miles away36475 Five Mile Road Livonia Michigan 48154Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 655-4800
- Garden City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.15 miles away6245 Inkster Rd Garden City Michigan 48135Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 421-3300
- Beaumont Hospital - WayneAcute Care Hospitals 8.25 miles away33155 Annapolis Ave Wayne Michigan 48184Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 467-4175
- Beaumont Hospital - Farmington HillsAcute Care Hospitals 8.81 miles away28050 Grand River Avenue Farmington Michigan 48336Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 471-8000
- Forest Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.54 miles away135 S Prospect St Ypsilanti Michigan 48198Government - Hospital District or Authority(734) 547-4700
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.31 miles away6777 West Maple Road West Bloomfield Michigan 48322Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 325-1000
- St Joseph Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.45 miles away5301 E Huron River Dr Ann Arbor Michigan 48106Voluntary non-profit - Church(734) 712-3456
- Beaumont Hospital - TaylorAcute Care Hospitals 13.61 miles away10000 Telegraph Road Taylor Michigan 48180Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 295-5253
- Michigan Dialysis Services, LLC2.45 miles away275 N Canton Center Rd Canton Michigan 48187Dialysis Stations: 13 (734) 844-0108
- Fms - Sheldon Corners3.08 miles away6064 N Sheldon Rd Canton Michigan 48187CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (734) 207-6219
- Greenfield Hs - Livonia3.5 miles away14555 Levan Rd Livonia Michigan 48154CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (734) 591-6409
- Westland Dialysis of Davita4.49 miles away36588 Ford Rd Westland Michigan 48185CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (734) 721-1030
- Univ of Mi Dialysis Clinics - Livonia4.72 miles away19900 Haggerty Rd Ste 106 Livonia Michigan 48152CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (734) 432-7870
- Fmc Dialysis - Livonia5.25 miles away32423 Schoolcraft Livonia Michigan 48150Dialysis Stations: 20 (734) 525-0780
- Davita - Garden West5.8 miles away5715 N Venoy Rd Westland Michigan 48185CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (734) 261-9418
- Fmc - Botsford Park6.69 miles away28425 W 8 Mile Rd Livonia Michigan 48152CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (248) 427-0089