With an address in Plymouth, Michigan, Medilodge of Plymouth is the only option we identified in this area. This nursing home was given an A- overall, which is among the best ratings that we offer. A grade in this range requires excellent scores across the board. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top 20 percent of all facilities in the United States. The best part of this facility's strong profile is its inspection grade. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Medilodge of Plymouth
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Plymouth senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Michigan Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Michigan Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Our inspection scores are tied to several items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that score well in this category typically have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In fact, this turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Our nursing score is largely associated with the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Medilodge of Plymouth?
Short-term Care Quality
We also want to emphasize the fact that this facility received a high-end score of A in our short-term care category. With our short-term care grade, we try to craft a meaningful gauge for rehabilitation services. In this process, we analyze a facility's levels of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final datapoint we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents who who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we scored is long-term care. We awarded this nursing home a solid score in that category, with a grade of B-. While this was not on par with some of this facility's other scores, it is still not a terrible score. Long-term care grades are based in part on the facility's amount of nursing care. This includes a vast spectrum of personal care services, ranging from help with activities of daily living to routine healthcare services. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 93.93939 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is more than most nursing homes. Lastly, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Medilodge of Plymouth Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Medilodge of Plymouth, 8.87% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Medilodge of Plymouth, 2.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing protocols reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Medilodge of Plymouth, 2.23% of Patients had UTIs
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who experienced urinary tract infections. While a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is difficult to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Medilodge of Plymouth, 13.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure measures the percent of long-term care patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Medilodge of Plymouth, 19.66% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally prescribed to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Medilodge of Plymouth, 3.38% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Medilodge of Plymouth, 91.02% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Medilodge of Plymouth, 12.09% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Medilodge of Plymouth, 13.78% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents who maintained mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Medilodge of Plymouth, 13.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Medilodge of Plymouth, 11.28 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Medilodge of Plymouth, 77.57% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements.
- St Mary Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.6 miles away36475 Five Mile Road Livonia Michigan 48154Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 655-4800
- Garden City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.15 miles away6245 Inkster Rd Garden City Michigan 48135Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 421-3300
- Beaumont Hospital - WayneAcute Care Hospitals 8.25 miles away33155 Annapolis Ave Wayne Michigan 48184Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 467-4175
- Beaumont Hospital - Farmington HillsAcute Care Hospitals 8.81 miles away28050 Grand River Avenue Farmington Michigan 48336Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 471-8000
- Forest Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.54 miles away135 S Prospect St Ypsilanti Michigan 48198Government - Hospital District or Authority(734) 547-4700
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.31 miles away6777 West Maple Road West Bloomfield Michigan 48322Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 325-1000
- St Joseph Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.45 miles away5301 E Huron River Dr Ann Arbor Michigan 48106Voluntary non-profit - Church(734) 712-3456
- Beaumont Hospital - TaylorAcute Care Hospitals 13.61 miles away10000 Telegraph Road Taylor Michigan 48180Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 295-5253
- Michigan Dialysis Services, LLC2.45 miles away275 N Canton Center Rd Canton Michigan 48187Dialysis Stations: 13 (734) 844-0108
- Fms - Sheldon Corners3.08 miles away6064 N Sheldon Rd Canton Michigan 48187CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (734) 207-6219
- Greenfield Hs - Livonia3.5 miles away14555 Levan Rd Livonia Michigan 48154CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (734) 591-6409
- Westland Dialysis of Davita4.49 miles away36588 Ford Rd Westland Michigan 48185CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (734) 721-1030
- Univ of Mi Dialysis Clinics - Livonia4.72 miles away19900 Haggerty Rd Ste 106 Livonia Michigan 48152CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (734) 432-7870
- Fmc Dialysis - Livonia5.25 miles away32423 Schoolcraft Livonia Michigan 48150Dialysis Stations: 20 (734) 525-0780
- Davita - Garden West5.8 miles away5715 N Venoy Rd Westland Michigan 48185CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (734) 261-9418
- Fmc - Botsford Park6.69 miles away28425 W 8 Mile Rd Livonia Michigan 48152CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (248) 427-0089