Medilodge of Milford is the sole nursing home located in Milford, Michigan. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of B. A grade of this caliber requires respectable marks in most areas. Based on all of the relevant data, you could do much worse than this nursing home. This facility is better in some categories than others, but it didn't have any poor grades in any of the major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Medilodge of Milford
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Milford senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This facility received a strong overall score as described above, but we want to note its excellent short-term care score. We gave them an A- in this category. Our short-term care grades are thought to be most important for people in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not only nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of residents that eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.1 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Among this facility's other strengths is its elite nursing grade. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of A-. Our nursing grade is based on the facility's level of nurse staffing. We consider both the levels of skill of the nurses and the number of hours spent with residents. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of moving a patient even once per day.
Does this page answer your questions about Medilodge of Milford?
This nursing home also earned impressive inspections in recent years. We awarded them one of our higher scores in that area, with a B. Inspection ratings are based on many items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we rated is long-term care. This facility was given a grade of C for the category. In the area of long-term care, we focus more on the amount of services provided by a facility, as opposed to more medically-intensive services. After we finished assessing the volume of care provided by nurses, we turned to the facility's vaccination data. We were optimistic to learn that this facility vaccinates 98.455605 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Lastly, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Medilodge of Milford Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Medilodge of Milford, 8.87% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This gauges the percent of long-term care residents who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Medilodge of Milford, 2.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure indicates the percent of long-term care residents which sustained a fall resulting in serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Medilodge of Milford, 2.23% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often the result of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this metric may also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Medilodge of Milford, 13.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that are administered antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such drugs aren't medically required. However, some facilities need to rely more on these medications due to having more patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Medilodge of Milford, 19.66% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. These drugs are generally prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Medilodge of Milford, 3.38% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients exhibiting signs of depression. Some experts would argue that this is a reliable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Medilodge of Milford, 91.02% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Medilodge of Milford, 12.09% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Medilodge of Milford, 13.78% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Medilodge of Milford, 1.65 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is key to preserving the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Medilodge of Milford, 13.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Medilodge of Milford, 11.28 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Medilodge of Milford, 77.57% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements.
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.53 miles away6777 West Maple Road West Bloomfield Michigan 48322Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 325-1000
- Mclaren OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 16.26 miles away50 N Perry St Pontiac Michigan 48342Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 338-5000
- St Joseph Mercy OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 16.82 miles away44405 Woodward Ave Pontiac Michigan 48341Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 858-3000
- St Mary Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.94 miles away36475 Five Mile Road Livonia Michigan 48154Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 655-4800
- Saint Joseph Mercy Livingston HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.96 miles away620 Byron Rd Howell Michigan 48843Voluntary non-profit - Other(517) 545-6000
- Beaumont Hospital - Farmington HillsAcute Care Hospitals 17.53 miles away28050 Grand River Avenue Farmington Michigan 48336Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 471-8000
- Commerce Township Dialysis of Davita7.17 miles away120 W Commerce Rd Commerce Township Michigan 48382Dialysis Stations: 12 (248) 363-4862
- Bio Medical Applications of Michigan Inc7.58 miles away49641 Grand River Ave Wixom Michigan 48393Dialysis Stations: 13 (248) 924-3544
- Novi Dialysis Center of Davita8.23 miles away27150 Providence Pkwy Ste A Novi Michigan 48374CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (248) 449-6947
- Fmc Dialysis - Brighton9.25 miles away5757 Whitmore Lake Rd Ste 1600 Brighton Michigan 48116CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (810) 229-6945
- Brighton Dialysis of Davita9.85 miles away7960 Grand River Rd Ste 210 Brighton Michigan 48114Dialysis Stations: 13 (810) 225-6288
- Ghs Western Regional Home Dialysis10.69 miles away39525 W 14 Mile Rd Ste 200 Novi Michigan 48377Dialysis Stations: 3 (248) 668-4180
- Clarkston Dialysis of Davita13.1 miles away6770 Dixie Hwy Ste 205 Clarkston Michigan 48346Dialysis Stations: 22 (248) 620-0958
- Davita West Bloomfield Dialysis13.87 miles away6010 W Maple Rd Ste 215 West Bloomfield Michigan 48322Dialysis Stations: 10 (248) 539-1025