Medilodge of Milford is an average-sized facility located in Milford, Michigan. Featuring an overall grade of F, we consider this to be a bottom of the barrel nursing home. If you are not happy with this facility's poor overall grade, you may find your options to be limited in Milford. The city has just one other nursing home. We wouldn't blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this facility's category grades, we will discuss inspections in the next section.
Medilodge of Milford
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
555 Highland Ave,
Milford MI 48381
75.85% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Medilodge of Milford has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was as bad as it gets, it actually didn't perform terribly in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a B- for that category, which is one of our better scores. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. Another area of concern is that CMS flagged this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. This is not what you want to see. We advise you to direct your search elsewhere.
We were also surprised to find that this facility received a decent nursing grade this year. We gave it a grade of B- in that category. Nursing grades are primarily tied to a nursing home's nurse staffing. This place averages just 3.1 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis, which is well below average. Finally, our nursing ratings also factor in quality-based measures, such as avoiding major falls. While this place did not have as many nursing hours as many of the other nursing homes we assessed, it was still better than average in the area of preventing falls.
Does this page answer your questions about Medilodge of Milford?
Short-term Care Quality
We were also pleasantly surprised to find that this nursing home earned a solid short-term care grade this year. We awarded it a B- in that category. In forming our short-term care grades, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The goal is to devise a scale for comparing the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. This nursing home elevated its grade in this category by offering more care from registered nurses to its residents than the average facility. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients that ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that it also performed well in this area with 66.2 percent of its patients returning home. Most facilities are below 50 percent in this metric.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we scored is long-term care. Unfortunately, we gave it an F for this category, which is an abysmal score. Facilities that receive this kind of grade in long-term care likely don't provide the kind of consistent 24/7 care that some other facilities provide. After we finished assessing the volume of nursing care, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination record. Candidly, we were a bit worried that this nursing home vaccinated a relatively low 83.65019 percent of its residents against pneumonia. To our surprise, this nursing home was actually decent at limiting hospitalizations. Although it had 2.04 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, its risk adjusted metric was not bad since it had more complex patients. This was its best score in this category
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Medilodge of Milford Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Medilodge of Milford, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Medilodge of Milford, 2.87% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Falls are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Medilodge of Milford, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Medilodge of Milford, 13.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for treating several medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Medilodge of Milford, 18.58% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Medilodge of Milford, 3.45% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Medilodge of Milford, 91.71% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Medilodge of Milford, 12.37% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate the deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Medilodge of Milford, 19.59% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that were able to retain mobility. Many in the industry argue that mobility is vital to residents' health.
In Medilodge of Milford, 1.35 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Medilodge of Milford, 19.59 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Medilodge of Milford, 10.82 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Medilodge of Milford, 76.52% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's typically correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.53 miles away6777 West Maple Road West Bloomfield Michigan 48322Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 325-1000
- Mclaren OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 16.26 miles away50 N Perry St Pontiac Michigan 48342Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 338-5000
- St Joseph Mercy OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 16.82 miles away44405 Woodward Ave Pontiac Michigan 48341Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 858-3000
- St Mary Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.94 miles away36475 Five Mile Road Livonia Michigan 48154Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 655-4800
- Saint Joseph Mercy Livingston HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.96 miles away620 Byron Rd Howell Michigan 48843Voluntary non-profit - Other(517) 545-6000
- Beaumont Hospital - Farmington HillsAcute Care Hospitals 17.53 miles away28050 Grand River Avenue Farmington Michigan 48336Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 471-8000
- Commerce Township Dialysis of Davita7.17 miles away120 W Commerce Rd Commerce Township Michigan 48382Dialysis Stations: 12 (248) 363-4862
- Bio Medical Applications of Michigan Inc7.58 miles away49641 Grand River Ave Wixom Michigan 48393Dialysis Stations: 13 (248) 924-3544
- Novi Dialysis Center of Davita8.23 miles away27150 Providence Pkwy Ste A Novi Michigan 48374CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (248) 449-6947
- Fmc Dialysis - Brighton9.25 miles away5757 Whitmore Lake Rd Ste 1600 Brighton Michigan 48116CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (810) 229-6945
- Brighton Dialysis of Davita9.85 miles away7960 Grand River Rd Ste 210 Brighton Michigan 48114Dialysis Stations: 13 (810) 225-6288
- Ghs Western Regional Home Dialysis10.69 miles away39525 W 14 Mile Rd Ste 200 Novi Michigan 48377Dialysis Stations: 3 (248) 668-4180
- Clarkston Dialysis of Davita13.1 miles away6770 Dixie Hwy Ste 205 Clarkston Michigan 48346Dialysis Stations: 22 (248) 620-0958
- Davita West Bloomfield Dialysis13.87 miles away6010 W Maple Rd Ste 215 West Bloomfield Michigan 48322Dialysis Stations: 10 (248) 539-1025