Meadowview Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is a facility in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania which has a total of 1,526,206 people. This facility is a subpar facility. A grade in this range indicates we found a few red flags. Fortunately, if you aren't satisfied with this facility, there are 49 nursing homes to choose from in the city so you should be able to find a better option. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's report card is its strong inspection rating. You can continue reading to learn more about inspections and other category grades
Meadowview Rehabilitation and Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
While we didn't give this nursing home a good overall score, we actually gave it a relatively strong grade in the area of inspections, where it earned a grade of B+. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating our inspection grades. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these can be relatively insignificant. This nursing home was assessed 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe. This indicates that CMS didn't deem any of these deficiencies to create an imminent risk to resident health or safety. A few minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, we also wanted to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received positive long-term care marks in this assessment. We awarded them one of our more impressive grades in that area, with a B. This turned out to be the nursing home's second strongest grade. Facilities that excel in this category tend to be well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to residents. On top of considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 95.4933 percent of its patients, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia is often a life threatening ailment for nursing home residents so we prefer when a facility doesn't roll the dice on this issue. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Meadowview Rehabilitation and Nursing Center?
We gave this facility a grade of just D for our nursing rating. Our nursing category includes quite a few factors, most of which are tied to levels of nurse staffing. With a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis, this facility's nurse staffing levels were far below average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. This nursing home fared well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these statistics to be measures of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at is short-term care, where this nursing home was given a very poor score in this category as well. We gave it a lowly F in this area, which is definitely a major disappointment. With our short-term care grade, we strive to forge a fair barometer for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we assess the nursing home's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The last datapoint we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents who ultimately returned home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 3.4 percent of its residents returning home. Unfortunately, this was quite a bit below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Meadowview Rehabilitation and Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Meadowview Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Meadowview Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients that suffered falls which resulted in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Meadowview Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely the result of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this metric could be skewed for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Meadowview Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used for treating a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Meadowview Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are used to treat patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Meadowview Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 3.12% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Meadowview Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 88.22% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Meadowview Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate the decline of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Meadowview Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term residents who remained mobile levels. Some experts would argue that the ability to move around is critical to patients physical and mental health.
In Meadowview Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Meadowview Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Meadowview Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Meadowview Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts argue this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Philadelphia, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Philadelphia, Pennsylvania has 48 other nursing homes
- Chestnut Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.68 miles away8835 Germantown Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118Proprietary(215) 248-8200
- Roxborough Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.62 miles away5800 Ridge Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19128Proprietary(215) 483-9900
- Main Line Hospital Bryn Mawr CampusAcute Care Hospitals 5.64 miles away130 South Bryn Mawr Ave Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 526-3000
- Albert Einstein Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.78 miles away5501 Old York Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19141Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 456-6090
- Suburban Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.79 miles away2701 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 278-2000
- Temple University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.78 miles away3401 North Broad Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19140Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 707-2000
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.29 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Einstein Medical Center MontgomeryAcute Care Hospitals 7.37 miles away559 West Germantown Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19403Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 662-1000
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Mt. Airy2.44 miles away10 East Moreland Avenue, Suite 300 Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (215) 381-0310
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Roxborough Dialysis2.68 miles away5003 Umbria Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19128Dialysis Stations: 16 (267) 331-6384
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Harston Hall3 miles away350 Haws Lane Flourtown Pennsylvania 19031Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 233-0181
- Total Renal Care, Inc.4.47 miles away235 W. Chelten Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19144Dialysis Stations: 26 (215) 844-5915
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Olney4.74 miles away2154-58 Stenton Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19138CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 548-3704
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Northwest Philadelphia5.01 miles away4190 City Avenue, Suite 124 Rowland Hall Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19131Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 871-7774
- Davita - Wyncote Dialysis5.22 miles awayCedarbrook Plaza 1000 Easton Road, Suite 250 Wyncote Pennsylvania 19095CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 884-3398
- Dci of Philadelphia5.32 miles away3300 Henry Avenue, 4th Floor Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19129CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (215) 848-3127