Meadowview Nursing & Respiratory Care is a senior living facility located in Williamstown, New Jersey, which has a total of 39,940 people. With a rock bottom overall grade of F, this facility didn't fare well in our assessment. This nursing home does not seem to have much going for it. Nevertheless, this nursing home did just fine in our inspections category, which you can find more information about below.
Meadowview Nursing & Respiratory Care
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
1420 South Black Horse Pike,
Williamstown NJ 08094
96.88% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this facility incredibly poorly overall, it received an impressive government inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with an A-. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining these inspection grades. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some of these end up being quite insignificant. While this facility had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
Sadly, we gave this facility an F for its short-term care grade. Short-term care ratings are based in part on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a broad range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Given its grade in this area, we weren't stunned to find that this nursing home was well below average in terms of its number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its residents based on the figures we looked at. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients that returned home from this nursing home. This place fared better in this area, with 53.7 percent of its residents returning home.
Does this page answer your questions about Meadowview Nursing & Respiratory Care?
In addition, we gave this facility an F in the area of nursing care. Our nursing score considers a host of datapoints. The most important variable is the number of hours nurses spent with patients. This nursing home provides 3.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day, which is slightly below the national average. This place also had abysmal scores in some of the quality-based measures to go along with its weak nursing hour totals. For starters, we looked at the percentage of patients sustaining pressure ulcers. This nursing home was at more than twice the national average in this datapoint. This is quite concerning when you consider that many bed sores are believed to be preventable with better nursing care. This ended up sealing the nursing home's fate of receiving a weak nursing score.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we assessed is long-term care, in which this facility received a poor score in this area also. Unfortunately, we gave it an F for this category, which is definitely a major concern. Long-term care grades in this range generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids. After looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. We were disappointed to learn that this nursing home vaccinated a relatively low 75.946976 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Surprisingly, this place was actually decent at limiting hospitalizations. While it had 2.9 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, its risk adjusted metric wasn't bad due to it having some more complicated patients. This was its best score in this category
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Meadowview Nursing & Respiratory Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Meadowview Nursing & Respiratory Care, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Meadowview Nursing & Respiratory Care, 2.59% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of long-term care residents which have experienced falls resulting in serious injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Meadowview Nursing & Respiratory Care, 1.67% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. However, this datapoint may also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Meadowview Nursing & Respiratory Care, 10.61% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term stay residents who were administered antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes may need to rely on these drugs due to having more residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Meadowview Nursing & Respiratory Care, 17.39% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. These drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Meadowview Nursing & Respiratory Care, 5.91% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents exhibiting signs of depression. Many argue that this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Meadowview Nursing & Respiratory Care, 92.7% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Meadowview Nursing & Respiratory Care, 11.08% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate the erosion of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Meadowview Nursing & Respiratory Care, 14.69% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that retained mobility levels. Many in the industry believe that mobility is critical to patients mental and physical health.
In Meadowview Nursing & Respiratory Care, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Meadowview Nursing & Respiratory Care, 14.69 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Meadowview Nursing & Respiratory Care, 8.11 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Meadowview Nursing & Respiratory Care, 81.01% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living generally correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- Jefferson Stratford HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.3 miles away18 East Laurel Road Stratford New Jersey 08084Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 346-7802
- Inspira Medical Center ElmerAcute Care Hospitals 12.36 miles away501 West Front Street Elmer New Jersey 08318Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 363-1000
- Virtua West Jersey Hospitals VoorheesAcute Care Hospitals 12.4 miles away100 Bowman Drive Voorhees New Jersey 08043Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 247-3000
- Weisman Childrens Rehabilitation HospitalChildrens 15.12 miles away92 Brick Road, 3rd Floor Marlton New Jersey 08053Proprietary(856) 489-4520
- Inspira Medical Center WoodburyAcute Care Hospitals 15.18 miles away509 N Broad St West Deptford New Jersey 08096Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 845-0100
- Inspira Medical Center VinelandAcute Care Hospitals 16.14 miles away1505 W Sherman Ave Vineland New Jersey 08360Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 641-8000
- Virtua Our Lady of Lourdes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.03 miles away1600 Haddon Avenue Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 580-6330
- Fmc Winslow3.86 miles away510 Williamstown Rd Unit 2a Sicklerville New Jersey 08081CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 728-2811
- Fkc Sewell5.85 miles away300 Medical Center Drive Suite A Sewell New Jersey 08080Dialysis Stations: 31 (856) 218-4990
- Fkc Liberty Hammonton8.98 miles away392 North White Horse Pike Ste 1 Hammonton New Jersey 08037Dialysis Stations: 18 (609) 561-0044
- Fkc Liberty Berlin Dc9.06 miles away30 Tansboro Road Berlin New Jersey 08009CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (856) 809-0036
- Kennedy Dialysis Center Washington Twp11.19 miles awayDialysis Unit 300 Medical Center Dr Sewell New Jersey 08080CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (856) 218-4990
- Davita Renal Center of Sewell11.19 miles awayRenal Center 660 Woodbury-Glassboro Rd, Suite 29 Sewell New Jersey 08080Dialysis Stations: 21 (856) 464-1172
- Fkc Voorhees12.38 miles away201 Laurel Oak Rd Suite A Voorhees New Jersey 08043Dialysis Stations: 24 (856) 566-5460
- Kennedy Dialysis Center Voorhees12.45 miles away201 Laurel Oak Road Suite A Voorhees New Jersey 08043CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (856) 566-5460