Meadowcrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center is located in Bethel Park, Pennsylvania. This city has a total of 29,529 people. This facility received an overall grade of B+, which is very favorable rating. Based on the data we reviewed, you could do much worse than this facility. Fortunately, this nursing home did not have any weak links in any of the major categories. More information about these categories is available below.
Meadowcrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home performed even better in the area of inspections which is based on the nursing home's recent government inspections. We awarded it an A for that area, which is one of our best grades. Perhaps the most significant factor we consider in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Nursing homes with better grades in this area typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Adding to this nursing home's list of strengths, it also received an excellent nursing grade. We awarded them an impressive grade of A- in this category. Our nursing grade is largely tied to a facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Meadowcrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also above average in the area of short-term care, where it was given a score of B+. It performed better than most facilities in this area. In the area of short-term care, we try to evaluate indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We assess the facility's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final datapoint we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we graded is long-term care, in which this nursing home was given a grade of C. Although this turned out to be its least impressive category score, this is still a middle of the pack score. For long-term care residents, the primary goal is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination data. Unfortunately, this nursing home vaccinated just 81.935486 percent of its patients against pneumonia. On a more positive note, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Meadowcrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Meadowcrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Meadowcrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are often caused by poor nursing care. Closer supervision can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Meadowcrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that experienced UTI's. Although more of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Meadowcrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term care residents who are administered antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such drugs aren't medically indicated. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to having more patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Meadowcrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Meadowcrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 3.12% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients exhibiting depressive symptoms. High rates of depression could imply a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Meadowcrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 88.22% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Meadowcrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and taking a bath. Some argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Meadowcrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents that retained mobility levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Meadowcrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Meadowcrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Meadowcrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Jefferson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.05 miles away565 Coal Valley Road Clairton Pennsylvania 15025Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 469-5000
- St Clair HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.06 miles away1000 Bower Hill Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15243Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 942-4000
- Canonsburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.37 miles away100 Medical Boulevard Canonsburg Pennsylvania 15317Voluntary non-profit - Private(724) 873-5892
- Monongahela Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.02 miles away1163 Country Club Road Monongahela Pennsylvania 15063Voluntary non-profit - Private(724) 258-1000
- Upmc MercyAcute Care Hospitals 10.57 miles away1400 Locust Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15219Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 232-8111
- Upmc MckeesportAcute Care Hospitals 11 miles away1500 Fifth Avenue Mckeesport Pennsylvania 15132Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 664-2000
- Magee Womens Hospital of Upmc Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 11.06 miles away300 Halket Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Voluntary non-profit - Other(412) 641-4010
- Upmc Presbyterian ShadysideAcute Care Hospitals 11.34 miles away200 Lothrop Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 647-8788
- Davita - Bethel Park3.85 miles away6000 Alicia Drive Bethel Park Pennsylvania 15102Dialysis Stations: 4 (412) 833-2612
- Fresenius Kidney Care - South Hills4.18 miles away4651 Library Road Bethel Park Pennsylvania 15102Dialysis Stations: 18 (412) 835-1229
- Davita - Jefferson Dialysis5.33 miles away14 Clairton Boulevard Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15236Dialysis Stations: 17 (412) 653-6007
- Dci of Hillpointe7 miles away131 Hillpointe Drive Canonsburg Pennsylvania 15317Dialysis Stations: 23 (724) 873-1242
- Liberty Dialysis - Banksville7.81 miles away2875 Banksville Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15216CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (412) 343-3060
- Liberty Dialysis - Southpointe7.9 miles away1200 Corporate Drive Canonsburg Pennsylvania 15317CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (724) 745-5565
- Dci Renal Services of Pittsburgh, LLC - Banksville7.93 miles away2727 Banksville Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15216CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (412) 341-7410
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Clairton8.4 miles awaySouth Hills Medical Building 575 Coal Valley Road, Suite 262 Clairton Pennsylvania 15025Dialysis Stations: 13 (412) 469-7011