Meadowbrook Care Center is in the large metropolitan area of Cincinnati, Ohio with a total of 795,220 people. This facility received an uninspiring overall grade of D, which is a well below average score. Fortunately, if you aren't satisfied with this facility, there are 74 nursing homes to choose from in the city so you should be able to find a better option. If you aren't deterred by this facility's report card, feel free to continue reading to learn more about its category grades. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Meadowbrook Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not high on this facility overall, we awarded it a grade of A- for our inspections rating. This score is far more impressive than the facility's overall grade. Perhaps the most significant factor we look at in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. It is typically in your best interest to avoid places that have too many deficiencies. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. A couple minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we gave this facility an C. Our nursing score weighs many factors, many of which are tied to nursing hours. This nursing home averages just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Finally, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this nursing home actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is usually an indicator that a facility has quality controls in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Meadowbrook Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's second worse score is short-term care, where it received a grade of just D in that category. This is a well below average grade. In determining our short-term care grades, we size up the facility's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. This rating is typically a meaningful assessment of the nursing home's rehabilitation services. Based on its grade in this area, we weren't stunned to find that this nursing home was well below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its patients based on the metrics we assessed. Honestly, this was about what we expected to find. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who ultimately were able to return home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 5.2 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we scored was long-term care. Sadly, it received a lowly F in this category, which is a very poor grade. For patients looking for a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 93.96326 percent of its residents, which is more than most nursing homes. To our surprise, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. Sadly, some of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Meadowbrook Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Meadowbrook Care Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Meadowbrook Care Center, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of long-term residents who experienced falls which caused severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Meadowbrook Care Center, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Meadowbrook Care Center, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term care residents which were prescribed antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications are not medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Meadowbrook Care Center, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Meadowbrook Care Center, 20% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients showing signs of depression. Some experts argue that this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Meadowbrook Care Center, 90.19% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Meadowbrook Care Center, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Meadowbrook Care Center, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that retained mobility levels.
In Meadowbrook Care Center, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is key to maintaining the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Meadowbrook Care Center, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Meadowbrook Care Center, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Meadowbrook Care Center, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts believe that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Cincinnati, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cincinnati, Ohio has 73 other nursing homes
- Bethesda NorthAcute Care Hospitals 0.45 miles away10500 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 865-1241
- Assurance Health Cincinnati LLCPsychiatric 2.16 miles away11690 Grooms Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Proprietary(513) 519-4947
- West Chester Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 7.08 miles away7700 University Drive West Chester Ohio 45069Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 298-7700
- Mercy Health - Fairfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.18 miles away3000 Mack Road Fairfield Ohio 45014Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 870-7197
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterChildrens 11.83 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45229Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 636-3333
- Mercy Health-Anderson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.04 miles away7500 State Road Cincinnati Ohio 45255Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 624-4006
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 12.11 miles away234 Goodman Street Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 584-1000
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.72 miles away375 Dixmyth Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45220Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 862-2646
- Davita - Blue Ash Dialysis2.41 miles away10600 Mckinley Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Dialysis Stations: 18 (513) 733-8215
- Nxstage Cincinnati LLC3.01 miles away12065 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45249Dialysis Stations: 10 (513) 712-1300
- Davita Loveland Dialysis3.13 miles away8944 Columbia Rd Suite 6 Loveland Ohio 45140Dialysis Stations: 13 (513) 583-5326
- Us Renal Care of Kenwood3.97 miles away5150 E. Galbraith Rd., Suite 101 Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 18 (513) 791-2698
- Fmc-Liberty Dialysis-Kenwood4.19 miles away8251 Pine Road, Suite 110 Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 24 (513) 745-0800
- Infiniti Dialysis Center of Cincinnati, LLC4.2 miles away4750 E. Galbraith Road Suite 103 Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 3 (513) 791-2137
- Davita - Silverton Hometraining Dialysis5.44 miles away6929 Silverton Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 1 (513) 793-4376
- Davita - Silverton Dialysis5.44 miles away6929 Silverton Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 793-0555