Meadowbrook Behavioral Health Center is an average-sized facility located in Los Angeles, California. We gave it an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the pack score. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Los Angeles, which admittedly is admittedly a little below average nationally. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's report card is its remarkable inspection score, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Meadowbrook Behavioral Health Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- No Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Mental Health
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
The main reason this ended up being a decent nursing home is that it received an excellent inspection score. Its inspection grade was far better than its overall grade. In the inspections category, we gave it a grade of A. These inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Long-term Care Quality
We also gave this nursing home a middle of the road score in the area of long-term care, where we awarded it a B-. In a long-term care environment, the primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 99.34426 percent of its patients. Lastly, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Meadowbrook Behavioral Health Center?
We also gave this nursing home a decent score in the category of nursing care, with a grade of C. The nursing rating consists of a handful of subcategories, but the paramount consideration is the number of nurse hours per patient per week. This facility provided just 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Lastly, although this place got dinged a bit for nursing hours per resident, it excelled in a few of our quality-based metrics. With less than five percent of its residents experiencing pressure ulcers, it performed very well in this area.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our last area, this nursing home did not fare well. Due to a bottom of the barrel grade of F in short-term care, this is its weakest area. In determining our short-term care scores, we assess a nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This category is more often than not a meaningful assessment of a nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. Given its grade in this category, we weren't surprised to discover that this facility was well below average in terms of the quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the figures we assessed. Frankly, this was what we expected to find. Finally, we looked at the number of residents that ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Meadowbrook Behavioral Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Meadowbrook Behavioral Health Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients that have sustained falls leading to major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Meadowbrook Behavioral Health Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients who experienced a urinary tract infection. Although more infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it can be problematic to compare different facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Meadowbrook Behavioral Health Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. These drugs are used to treat patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Meadowbrook Behavioral Health Center, 4.64% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents who are showing depressive symptoms. Many in the industry would argue this is a measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Meadowbrook Behavioral Health Center, 95.44% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Meadowbrook Behavioral Health Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom. Many argue this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Meadowbrook Behavioral Health Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents that maintained mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Meadowbrook Behavioral Health Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of residents.
Scores for Los Angeles, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Los Angeles, California has 74 other nursing homes
- Providence Saint John's Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.6 miles away2121 Santa Monica Blvd Santa Monica California 90404Voluntary non-profit - Private(310) 829-5511
- Santa Monica - Ucla Med Ctr & Orthopaedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.94 miles away1250 16th Street Santa Monica California 90404Voluntary non-profit - Private(310) 319-4000
- Ronald Reagan U C L a Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.28 miles away757 Westwood Plaza Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6301
- Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UclaPsychiatric 4.35 miles away150 Medical Plaza-Rm-4230c Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6962
- Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.41 miles away8700 Beverly Blvd Los Angeles California 90048Voluntary non-profit - Other(310) 423-5000
- Southern California Hospital at HollywoodAcute Care Hospitals 8.34 miles away6245 De Longpre Ave Los Angeles California 90028Proprietary(323) 462-2271
- California Hospital Medical Center LaAcute Care Hospitals 9.28 miles away1401 South Grand Avenue Los Angeles California 90015Voluntary non-profit - Other(213) 748-2411
- Saint Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.39 miles away2131 W 3rd St Los Angeles California 90057Voluntary non-profit - Church(213) 484-7111
- Fmc-Culver City Dialysis0.56 miles away9432 Venice Blvd. Culver City California 90230CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (310) 836-2237
- u.s. Renal Care Culver City1.99 miles away9808 Venice Blvd., Suite 200 Culver City California 90232Dialysis Stations: 18 (310) 841-0500
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- West Los Angeles2.44 miles awayDialysis Unit 6041 Cadillac Avenue, Suite 442 Los Angeles California 90034Dialysis Stations: 4 (323) 857-3245
- Davita-Century City Dialysis Center3.35 miles away10630 Santa Monica Blvd. Los Angeles California 90025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (310) 954-2700
- Davita-Mar Vista3.46 miles away2020 Santa Monica Blvd., Suite 100 & 120 Santa Monica California 90404CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (310) 453-4900
- u.s. Renal Care West Los Angeles Dialysis3.77 miles away1801 S. La Cienega Blvd. Los Angeles California 90035CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (310) 840-5688
- Davita-Beverlywood Dialysis3.8 miles away2080 Century Park East, Suite 210 Los Angeles California 90067Dialysis Stations: 13 (310) 772-0224
- Fmc-Rai-Centinela-Inglewood3.92 miles away1416 Centinela Avenue Inglewood California 90302CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (310) 673-6865