Meadow Lakes is one of just three nursing homes located in Mooresville, Indiana. We gave this facility an overall grade of B. A grade in this range requires respectable marks in most areas. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Mooresville. This place's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection grade, which we will address in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an impressive inspection rating. In fact, inspections is its best category grade. In that category, we gave it an A. Inspection ratings weigh a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better scores in this area tend to have very few of these severe deficiencies. This place was hit with 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B in this area. Nursing grades are primarily based on the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Meadow Lakes?
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this nursing home a respectable score in the category of short-term care, where we gave it a B-. Short-term care grades are based on a nursing home's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a vast spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, not to mention other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last measure we considered in this category is the percentage of residents who ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that just 5.1 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we rated is long-term care. We gave this nursing home a C in that area. In a long-term care setting, the facility's primary objective is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 98.08743 percent of its patients, which is more than the average nursing home. Lastly, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Meadow Lakes Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Meadow Lakes, 7.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure measures the percent of long-term patients which have pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an barometer of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Meadow Lakes, 3.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Meadow Lakes, 1.87% of Patients had UTIs
This metric tells you the percent of long-term patients which have suffered from a UTI. While more infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it can be problematic to compare different nursing homes due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Meadow Lakes, 13.18% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for many conditions, including cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Meadow Lakes, 21.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Meadow Lakes, 12.89% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Meadow Lakes, 91.48% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Meadow Lakes, 15.74% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Meadow Lakes, 15.7% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term stay residents who maintained mobility. Some argue that the ability to move around is critical to residents' well-being.
In Meadow Lakes, 1.46 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Meadow Lakes, 15.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Meadow Lakes, 11.29 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Meadow Lakes, 73.78% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Franciscan Health MooresvilleAcute Care Hospitals 1.08 miles away1201 Hadley Rd Mooresville Indiana 46158Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 831-1160
- St Vincent Neighborhood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.6 miles away9613 East Us Highway 36 Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 703-1999
- Iu Health West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.94 miles away1111 N Ronald Reagan Pkwy Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 217-3000
- Community Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 11.8 miles away1402 E County Line Rd S Indianapolis Indiana 46227Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 887-7000
- Hendricks Regional HealthAcute Care Hospitals 12.11 miles away1000 E Main St Danville Indiana 46122Government - Local(317) 745-4451
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 14.54 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- Franciscan Health IndianapolisAcute Care Hospitals 14.59 miles away8111 S Emerson Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46237Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 528-5000
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 15.35 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- Davita - Plainfield4.73 miles away8110 Network Drive Plainfield Indiana 46168CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 838-8089
- Davita - Avon Dialysis9.72 miles away9210 Rockville Road, Ste D Indianapolis Indiana 46234Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 209-2544
- Fmc - Indianapolis-West11.55 miles away805 Beachway Drive Suite 100 Indianapolis Indiana 46224Dialysis Stations: 18 (317) 484-3550
- Fmc - Indianapolis-South11.78 miles away1350 E County Line Rd Suite L Indianapolis Indiana 46227Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 865-8520
- Fmc - Hendricks County11.97 miles away1594 E Main Street Danville Indiana 46122Dialysis Stations: 21 (317) 718-0347
- Fresenius Medical Care Indiana, LLC12.42 miles away6826 Madison Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46227Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 791-8362
- Indiana Dialysis Company12.53 miles away7840 Madison Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46227CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (317) 300-9400
- Davita Speedway Dialysis13.2 miles away2636 W. Michigan St. Indianapolis Indiana 46222Dialysis Stations: 13 (317) 423-0956