Mcknight Place Extended Care is located in Saint Louis, Missouri. This city is among the most populated cities in the country with has 927,396 people. Sporting an overall rating of B-, this is likely a solid facility. This facility seems to have a few things going for it. More information on this facility's category grades may be found below. Its best category is long-term care, which is discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Mcknight Place Extended Care
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Two Mcknight Place,
Saint Louis MO 63124
81.14% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
This place really excelled in the area of long-term care. We gave it an A for that category. Long-term care ratings in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. One of the datapoints we considered after nursing hours is vaccines. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 60.773483 percent of its patients. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we like to see, at least this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Inspections is another area where this nursing home excelled. In fact, we awarded this facility an A- for our inspections category. Arguably the most critical factor we look at in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this area typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This nursing home was hit with 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that CMS didn't deem any of these deficiencies an imminent threat to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Mcknight Place Extended Care?
This nursing home's next best category was nursing. We awarded it a grade of C in this category. This is basically a middle of the road grade in this category. Our nursing rating is largely associated with a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place surprisingly excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. It scored well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be measures of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the number of hours of care offered.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we scored was short-term care, turned out to be this facility's least impressive area. We awarded this nursing home a grade of D in that category. This really is one of just a couple of dings on an otherwise strong report card. Our short-term care scores are critical for prospective residents looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires higher levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a vast spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. In this nursing home's case, we found that it provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The final statistic we assessed in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 4.4 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these subpar metrics sunk this nursing home's short-term care score.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Mcknight Place Extended Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Mcknight Place Extended Care, 9.2% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Mcknight Place Extended Care, 3.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that experienced falls which resulted in major injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Mcknight Place Extended Care, 3.29% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often the result of worse hygiene protocols. Additional nurse staffing can minimize the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Mcknight Place Extended Care, 20.12% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Mcknight Place Extended Care, 24.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Mcknight Place Extended Care, 5.4% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Mcknight Place Extended Care, 86.07% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Mcknight Place Extended Care, 15.8% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and continence. Some believe this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Mcknight Place Extended Care, 13.34% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term care residents that retained mobility levels.
In Mcknight Place Extended Care, 1.86 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Mcknight Place Extended Care, 13.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Mcknight Place Extended Care, 13.27 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Mcknight Place Extended Care, 71.67% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many argue this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Saint Louis, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Saint Louis, Missouri has 22 other nursing homes
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 3.09 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.86 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.95 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.88 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.3 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- Ssm Health Depaul Hospital St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 7.41 miles away12303 Depaul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 344-6000
- St Lukes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.96 miles away232 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield Missouri 63017Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 434-1500
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.73 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- Saint Louis West Pd Dialysis1.88 miles away9632 Olive Blvd Saint Louis Missouri 63132Dialysis Stations: 2 (314) 994-9311
- Fmc - University City2.4 miles away6850 Olive Blvd Saint Louis Missouri 63130CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (314) 726-0378
- Saint Louis West Dialysis2.5 miles away400 North Lindberg Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (314) 989-0886
- Frontenac Home Dialysis Center3.32 miles away10435 Clayton Rd Suite 201 Saint Louis Missouri 63131Dialysis Stations: 6 (314) 567-0645
- St Louis Renal Care - Midtown3.65 miles away5901 Delmar Blvd Saint Louis Missouri 63112Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 862-2138
- St Louis Dialysis4.01 miles away324 Debaliviere Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63112CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (314) 367-9111
- Natural Bridge Dialysis4.36 miles away8980 Natural Bridge Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63121Dialysis Stations: 20 (314) 426-2064
- Rtc - Hampton Avenue Dialysis4.42 miles away1425 Hampton Avenue Saint Louis Missouri 63139Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 781-4022