Mckinney Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center is a senior living facility in Mckinney, Texas, a city with a population of 144,932 people. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of B-. A grade of this caliber requires some decent scores. Based on our analysis, there are definitely far worse places out there. More information on this nursing home's category grades may be found below. Its best category is long-term care, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Mckinney Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
This place really excelled in the area of long-term care. In fact, we gave it an A for that category. This salvaged its overall profile. Nursing homes that receive this type of grade in long-term care typically provide consistent around the clock care to ensure residents are kept in good health. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 99.082565 percent of its patients, which is significantly higher than most nursing homes. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
We also wanted to emphasize this facility's nearly flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A- in this category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining these inspection ratings. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some can be quite minor. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Mckinney Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a decent grade in the category of short-term care, where it received a C. Our short-term care grades are crucial for patients requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes more highly-skilled nursing. This means a broad scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, we were not able to locate registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this nursing home. Lastly, we considered the number of residents that eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.5 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was actually quite a bit below average.
The next area we analyzed is nursing, which proved to be this facility's worst category. Sadly, it received an abysmal F in this category, which is certainly a major disappointment. In determining our nursing ratings, we analyze both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the skill levels of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing scores. This place performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Mckinney Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Mckinney Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term patients that have pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Mckinney Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care can reduce the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Mckinney Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This metric gauges the percent of long-term care residents who have had urinary tract infections. While a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare between facilities due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Mckinney Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used for a variety of medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Mckinney Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who are prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are generally prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Mckinney Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 4.81% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Mckinney Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 94.64% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Mckinney Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and eating. Some would argue that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Mckinney Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term care residents that maintained mobility.
In Mckinney Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Mckinney Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Mckinney Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Mckinney Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Mckinney, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Mckinney, Texas has 4 other nursing homes
- Medical City MckinneyAcute Care Hospitals 0.48 miles away4500 Medical Center Drive Mckinney Texas 75069Proprietary(972) 547-8000
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital AllenAcute Care Hospitals 4.07 miles away1105 Central Expressway North Allen Texas 75013Government - Federal(972) 747-6197
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center MckinneyAcute Care Hospitals 4.99 miles away5252 West University Drive Mckinney Texas 75071Voluntary non-profit - Private(469) 764-2200
- Methodist Mckinney HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.71 miles away8000 W Eldorado Pkwy Bldg C Suite C Mckinney Texas 75070Proprietary(214) 491-5710
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - CentennialAcute Care Hospitals 8.86 miles away12505 Lebanon Road Frisco Texas 75035Voluntary non-profit - Other(972) 963-3333
- Childrens Medical Center PlanoChildrens 11.42 miles away7601 Preston Road Plano Texas 75024Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 456-1792
- Methodist Richardson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.62 miles away2831 E President George Bush Highway Richardson Texas 75082Government - Hospital District or Authority(469) 204-1000
- Medical City PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 12.67 miles away3901 W 15th St Plano Texas 75075Proprietary(972) 596-6800
- Ellsworth Dialysis LLC0.43 miles away4601 Medical Center Dr Ste G Mckinney Texas 75069Dialysis Stations: 17 (214) 945-1890
- Mckinney Dialysis0.49 miles away4717 Medical Center Drive Mckinney Texas 75069CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (972) 542-0495
- Fmc Dialysis Services of Mckinney3.64 miles away1831 Harroun Mckinney Texas 75069CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (972) 548-1511
- Dialysis Services of Allen4.3 miles away925 Exchange Parkway Allen Texas 75013Dialysis Stations: 16 (972) 908-2769
- Allen Dialysis4.65 miles away201 South Jupiter Road Allen Texas 75002Dialysis Stations: 21 (469) 342-6709
- Mckinney on 380 Dialysis5.11 miles away5329 West University Mckinney Texas 75071Dialysis Stations: 13 (214) 491-4263
- Us Renal Care Plano Dialysis10.04 miles away4108 W 15th Street Suite 100 Plano Texas 75093Dialysis Stations: 13 (469) 209-0355
- Us Renal Care East Plano Dialysis10.59 miles away2721 Dobie Dr Plano Texas 75074Dialysis Stations: 13 (469) 277-6041