Mckinney Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center is a senior living facility in Mckinney, Texas, a city with a population of 144,932 people. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of B. A grade of this caliber requires respectable scores in most areas. Based on our analysis, you could do much worse than this nursing home. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong report card is its inspection score. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Mckinney Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Mckinney senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to earning a great overall rating, this nursing home performed even better in our inspections category which is based on the nursing home's recent government inspections. We awarded it an A for that area, which is one of our highest scores. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Additionally, this nursing home also was given favorable long-term care grades this year. Indeed, we gave them one of our stronger scores in that category, with a grade of B+. Nursing homes that do well in this category tend to be well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to patients. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is far higher than the majority of nursing homes. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Mckinney Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received a strong short-term care grade. Indeed, we awarded it an above average grade of B in this area. In computing our short-term care ratings, we analyze a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. This score is often a solid assessment of a nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. It does not appear that this facility submitted registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. The last item we looked at in this category is the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
The last area we looked at is nursing. It received an F in this area, which is a poor grade. You shouldn't simply disregard a nursing home as a result of one terrible grade though. We looked at the skill-level of nurses at the facility, as well as the quantity of hours those nurses were with patients, in calculating our score in this area. This nursing home averaged just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day. Finally, we also looked at a few quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing grades. This place was above average in two of the major statistics we focus on, with solid scores for avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. These data points are typically reliable measures of the quality of nursing care available.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Mckinney Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Mckinney Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 7.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term patients that suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a great measure of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Mckinney Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 0.79% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Mckinney Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Mckinney Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 0% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term stay patients that are prescribed antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs aren't medically required. However, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these medications due to having more patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Mckinney Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 34.86% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Mckinney Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 7.14% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents demonstrating symptoms of depression. Higher levels of depression could reveal a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Mckinney Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 100% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Mckinney Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 20% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of the erosion of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Mckinney Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 6.24% of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who maintained mobility. Many argue that the ability to move around is important for residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Mckinney Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Mckinney Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 6.24% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Mckinney Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 5.8% of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Mckinney Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 76.81% of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Mckinney, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Mckinney, Texas has 4 other nursing homes
- Medical City MckinneyAcute Care Hospitals 0.48 miles away4500 Medical Center Drive Mckinney Texas 75069Proprietary(972) 547-8000
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital AllenAcute Care Hospitals 4.07 miles away1105 Central Expressway North Allen Texas 75013Government - Federal(972) 747-6197
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center MckinneyAcute Care Hospitals 4.99 miles away5252 West University Drive Mckinney Texas 75071Voluntary non-profit - Private(469) 764-2200
- Methodist Mckinney HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.71 miles away8000 W Eldorado Pkwy Bldg C Suite C Mckinney Texas 75070Proprietary(214) 491-5710
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - CentennialAcute Care Hospitals 8.86 miles away12505 Lebanon Road Frisco Texas 75035Voluntary non-profit - Other(972) 963-3333
- Childrens Medical Center PlanoChildrens 11.42 miles away7601 Preston Road Plano Texas 75024Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 456-1792
- Methodist Richardson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.62 miles away2831 E President George Bush Highway Richardson Texas 75082Government - Hospital District or Authority(469) 204-1000
- Medical City PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 12.67 miles away3901 W 15th St Plano Texas 75075Proprietary(972) 596-6800
- Ellsworth Dialysis LLC0.43 miles away4601 Medical Center Dr Ste G Mckinney Texas 75069Dialysis Stations: 17 (214) 945-1890
- Mckinney Dialysis0.49 miles away4717 Medical Center Drive Mckinney Texas 75069CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (972) 542-0495
- Fmc Dialysis Services of Mckinney3.64 miles away1831 Harroun Mckinney Texas 75069CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (972) 548-1511
- Dialysis Services of Allen4.3 miles away925 Exchange Parkway Allen Texas 75013Dialysis Stations: 16 (972) 908-2769
- Allen Dialysis4.65 miles away201 South Jupiter Road Allen Texas 75002Dialysis Stations: 21 (469) 342-6709
- Mckinney on 380 Dialysis5.11 miles away5329 West University Mckinney Texas 75071Dialysis Stations: 13 (214) 491-4263
- Us Renal Care Plano Dialysis10.04 miles away4108 W 15th Street Suite 100 Plano Texas 75093Dialysis Stations: 13 (469) 209-0355
- Us Renal Care East Plano Dialysis10.59 miles away2721 Dobie Dr Plano Texas 75074Dialysis Stations: 13 (469) 277-6041