Mckinley Park Care Center turns out to be one of a host of options to decide among in Sacramento, California. We awarded this facility an overall grade of B. A grade in this range requires quality marks in most areas. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Sacramento. This facility's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection rating, which is addressed in the next section.
Mckinley Park Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
3700 H Street,
Sacramento CA 95816
93.72% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Top Nursing Home in California Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Sacramento, California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall score, this nursing home also received first-rate health inspections in recent years. We gave them one of our higher scores in that area, with a grade of A. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe. This tells you that CMS did not consider any of these deficiencies to be an immediate threat to resident health or safety. A couple relatively minor dings are not necessarily the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was given a favorable short-term care score. In fact, we awarded it an above average score of B+ in this category. In the area of short-term care, we attempt to qualify measures of a facility's rehabilitation services. We look at a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. We weren't able to find registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. The final metric we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients who eventually returned home from the facility. We found that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Mckinley Park Care Center?
This facility's next best category grade came in the area of nursing. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of B-. This wasn't quite on par with some of its other category grades mentioned above. The nursing score consists of quite a few datapoints, many of which are tied to quantities of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Finally, despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this place actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is generally a reliable indicator that a nursing home has quality controls in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our last area, we gave this nursing home a grade of D for long-term care. This is the nursing home's worst category rating. Naturally, this grade pulled down the nursing home's overall grade to a certain degree. For residents in need of a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is a very important category. One of the factors we considered after nursing hours is vaccines. Thankfully, this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Surprisingly, this nursing home also fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Sadly, a few of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Mckinley Park Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Mckinley Park Care Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This gauges the percentage of long-term residents that are suffering from pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are an indicator of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Mckinley Park Care Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Mckinley Park Care Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often linked to worse hygiene protocols. Closer supervision reduces the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Mckinley Park Care Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications are not medically indicated. However, some facilities need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of patients with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Mckinley Park Care Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term care residents which are given antianxiety medication. These medications are typically prescribed to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Mckinley Park Care Center, 4.64% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Increased rates of depression could be a sign lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Mckinley Park Care Center, 95.44% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Mckinley Park Care Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could indicate deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Mckinley Park Care Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Mckinley Park Care Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Mckinley Park Care Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Mckinley Park Care Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Sacramento, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Sacramento, California has 21 other nursing homes
- Mercy General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.31 miles away4001 J St Sacramento California 95819Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 453-4453
- Sutter Medical Center, SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 0.75 miles away2825 Capitol Avenue Sacramento California 95816Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 733-8999
- University of California Davis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.28 miles away2315 Stockton Boulevard Sacramento California 95817Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 734-2011
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 3.95 miles away2025 Morse Avenue Sacramento California 95825Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 973-5000
- Heritage Oaks HospitalPsychiatric 6.87 miles away4250 Auburn Blvd Sacramento California 95841Proprietary(916) 489-3336
- Kaiser Foundation Hosp So SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 7.27 miles away6600 Bruceville Road Sacramento California 95823Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 688-2000
- Methodist Hospital of SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 7.88 miles away7500 Hospital Drive Sacramento California 95823Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 423-6010
- Mercy San Juan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.04 miles away6501 Coyle Ave Carmichael California 95608Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 537-5000
- Alhambra Dialysis Center0.63 miles away1315 Alhambra Blvd #100 Sacramento California 95816CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (916) 457-8252
- Dci University Dialysis Clinic0.8 miles away1771 Stockton Blvd Sacramento California 95816CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 453-0803
- Broadway Dialysis1.48 miles away2624 Stockton Boulevard Sacramento California 95817CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (916) 457-0113
- North Sacramento Dialysis Center1.63 miles away251 Lathrop Way Suite A Sacramento California 95815CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 922-4721
- University Dialysis Center2.17 miles away333 University Avenue Suite 100 Sacramento California 95825CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (916) 920-0877
- Wellbound of Sacramento4.52 miles away2610 El Paseo Lane Suite f19 Sacramento California 95821Dialysis Stations: 4 (916) 486-8005
- West Sacramento Dialysis Clinic4.98 miles away3450 Industrial Boulevard Suite 100 West Sacramento California 95691CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (916) 371-4947
- South Sacramento Dialysis Center5.06 miles away7000 Franklin Blvd. #880 Sacramento California 95823CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (916) 427-2561