Mckendree Village is a large non-profit nursing home located in Hermitage, Tennessee. This turns out to be a respectable facility, with an overall grade of B-. Based on our assessment, there are definitely much worse facilities out there. This place was better in some categories than others, but it didn't have any weak links in any of the major categories discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
4347 Lebanon Road,
Hermitage TN 37076
78.94% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
The main reason this ended up being a decent nursing home is that it received an elite inspection score. In fact, its inspection grade was far superior to its overall grade. In our inspections category, we gave this facility a grade of A-. Our inspection ratings account for several factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this area typically have very few of these severe deficiencies. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple minor deficiencies are not something to panic about.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's more impressive category grades came in the category of long-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a B. It actually fared better than most facilities in this category. Facilities that excel in this category typically provide patients with more supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses, we next considered the facility's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia is too frequently a deadly condition for nursing home patients so we strongly prefer when a nursing home doesn't leave this to chance. This nursing home was also able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Although it had 2 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, its risk adjusted statistic was better than the majority of nursing homes since it had more complex patients.
Does this page answer your questions about Mckendree Village?
We also gave this nursing home a decent score in the category of nursing care, with a grade of B-. The nursing grade is based on quite a few datapoints, many of which are based on levels of nurse staffing. According to its CMS reports, this facility provided an average of 4 hours of nursing care per patient daily, which was above the national average. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in some quality-focused statistics. Specifically, we look at the percent of residents who sustained pressure ulcers and major falls. We look at these statistics as reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care, since better care tends to reduce these problems.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we analyzed was short-term care. We awarded it a grade of B- in that category. This is a perfectly acceptable grade in this area. Our short-term care ratings are based on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a wide spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. This nursing home employs both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities employ these skilled professionals. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. This proved to be more of a strength for this facility. In fact, we found that it outperformed the majority of facilities in the nation in this area with 50.7 percent of its patients returning home. This is a better rate than most nursing homes.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Mckendree Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Mckendree Village, 9.49% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that are suffering from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Mckendree Village, 3.51% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Major falls are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Mckendree Village, 3.12% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term care patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. While a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare between facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Mckendree Village, 15.81% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications are used for several conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Mckendree Village, 29.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are generally given to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Mckendree Village, 8.77% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Mckendree Village, 89.84% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Mckendree Village, 16.62% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Mckendree Village, 26.14% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that remained mobile levels.
In Mckendree Village, 1.21 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Mckendree Village, 26.14 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Mckendree Village, 11.25 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Mckendree Village, 72.83% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Tristar Summit Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.05 miles away5655 Frist Blvd Hermitage Tennessee 37076Proprietary(615) 316-3000
- Tristar Hendersonville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.08 miles away355 New Shackle Island Rd Hendersonville Tennessee 37075Proprietary(615) 338-1000
- Tristar Skyline Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.44 miles away3441 Dickerson Pike Nashville Tennessee 37207Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 769-2000
- Tristar Southern Hills Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.98 miles away391 Wallace Rd Nashville Tennessee 37211Proprietary(615) 781-4000
- Saint Thomas Midtown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.22 miles away2000 Church St Nashville Tennessee 37236Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 284-5555
- Metro Nashville General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.25 miles away1818 Albion Street Nashville Tennessee 37208Government - Hospital District or Authority(615) 341-4490
- Vanderbilt University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.46 miles away1211 Medical Center Drive Nashville Tennessee 37232Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 322-3454
- Tristar Centennial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.59 miles away2300 Patterson Street Nashville Tennessee 37203Proprietary(615) 342-1000
- Hermitage Dialysis2.07 miles away5530 Old Hickory Blvd Suite 18 Hermitage Tennessee 37076Dialysis Stations: 12 (615) 232-7219
- Dci Summit5.21 miles away2029 N Mount Juliet Rd Mount Juliet Tennessee 37122Dialysis Stations: 12 (615) 889-3444
- Isd Renal Inc5.22 miles away1050 Herschel Dr Mount Juliet Tennessee 37122Dialysis Stations: 11 (615) 758-1970
- Vanderbilt Dialysis Clinic East5.49 miles away20 Rachel Dr Nashville Tennessee 37214CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (615) 467-4070
- Dialysis Assoc. Of East Nashville6.52 miles away1001 Riverside Drive Nashville Tennessee 37206Dialysis Stations: 12 (615) 226-2085
- Fmc Hendersonville7.21 miles away230 New Shackle Island Road Suite 200 Hendersonville Tennessee 37075Dialysis Stations: 17 (615) 826-5848
- Davita Briley Parkway Dialysis7.38 miles away1221 Briarville Rd Madison Tennessee 37115Dialysis Stations: 16 (615) 865-9363
- Dci Madison7.41 miles away605 West Due West Avenue Madison Tennessee 37115Dialysis Stations: 26 (615) 865-7310