Mcgregor at Overlook is in the large metropolitan area of Cleveland, Ohio. With an overall rating of A-, this nursing home is one of the higher-rated nursing homes we looked at. Cleveland has a slew of other nursing homes, however, it is doubtful you will need to check out too many others. This one is a very fine option. As you will find below, this place also performed well in our category grades. It is hard to poke holes in this facility's profile.
Mcgregor at Overlook
- Nursing Home
Updated Feb 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a first rate facility overall, this nursing home excelled in our inspections category, where it received an A+. Few nursing homes fared as well in this category. Inspection scores account for a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this category usually have very few severe deficiencies. This nursing home was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This means that CMS didn't consider any of these deficiencies to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to its strong profile, this nursing home also was given a strong long-term care grade, with a score of A. If you are looking for services other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care ratings. After considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 84.946236 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which happens to be a bit lower than we anticipated but still a decent figure. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Mcgregor at Overlook?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B+ for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Our nursing grade is primarily based on the facility's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we analyzed was short-term care, where this nursing home received a grade of B+. This wrapped up a very impressive report card. Only a select few nursing homes earned a B+ or better in every category. Our short-term care grades are crucial for residents needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires additional highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a broad scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this facility submitted information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. The final statistic we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients that who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Mcgregor at Overlook Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Mcgregor at Overlook, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Mcgregor at Overlook, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Mcgregor at Overlook, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely associated with poor nursing care. More frequent bathing can limit the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Mcgregor at Overlook, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Mcgregor at Overlook, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term care residents who are prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Mcgregor at Overlook, 20.26% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who are showing depressive symptoms. Many in the industry would argue this is a measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Mcgregor at Overlook, 90.12% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Mcgregor at Overlook, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the erosion of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Mcgregor at Overlook, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that retained mobility levels. Many in the industry argue that mobility is critical to patients physical and mental health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Mcgregor at Overlook, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Cleveland, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cleveland, Ohio has 47 other nursing homes
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.54 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 0.54 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 1.2 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.96 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.63 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.67 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 5.91 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.21 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- Community Dialysis Center0.71 miles away11717 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 80 (216) 229-1100
- Fmc - Cleveland Clinic East0.77 miles away2429 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Cleveland Ohio 44104CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 56 (216) 368-0004
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group Home Dialysis Program0.77 miles away2429 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive 2nd Floor Cleveland Ohio 44120Dialysis Stations: 5 (216) 421-1013
- University Hospitals of Cleveland - Dialysis1.21 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue, Suite 2100 Cleveland Ohio 44106Dialysis Stations: 20 (216) 844-1585
- Davita - Shaker Square Dialysis1.41 miles away12800 Shaker Blvd, Ste. 1 Cleveland Ohio 44120CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (216) 491-4867
- Cleveland Clinic Childrens Hosp for Rehabilitation1.51 miles away2801 Martin Luther King Jr Dr Cleveland Ohio 44104Dialysis Stations: 8 (216) 444-6123
- Fmc - Huron Dialysis Center1.75 miles away13944 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44112Dialysis Stations: 22 (216) 541-5880
- Comunity Dialysis Center2.29 miles away1370 Addison Road Cleveland Ohio 44103CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (216) 431-0668