Mcgregor at Overlook is in the large metropolitan area of Cleveland, Ohio. It looks like this nursing home is one of the top facilities we found. It was given one of the top ratings we offer. Cleveland features many nursing homes, however, it is unlikely you will need to look at too many others. This one looks like a very fine option. As you will find below, this facility also performed well in our category scores. It's hard to poke holes in this place's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Mcgregor at Overlook
- Nursing Home
Updated Feb 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Note: Data for Mcgregor at Overlook has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get pricing and details on Cleveland senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
One of the many reasons this ended up being a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this place had some deficiencies on its report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also performed well in our long-term care area. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for the area. For residents seeking a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are an important measure. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 84.946236 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is somewhat lower than we expected but still a reasonably acceptable figure. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Mcgregor at Overlook?
In addition, this facility also received favorable nursing grades this year. In fact, we awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. We scrutinized the licensure of nurses working for the nursing home, in addition to the number of hours those nurses were with residents, in calculating our score in this category. This particular nursing home provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our last area, this facility was given a strong short-term care grade. We awarded it a B+ in that category, wrapping up one of our more favorable report cards. Our short-term care grade is commonly employed to assess a facility's rehabilitation services. To provide good rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to have better levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. It does not look like this facility submitted registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Mcgregor at Overlook Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Mcgregor at Overlook, 7.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Mcgregor at Overlook, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Mcgregor at Overlook, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that had UTI's. UTI's could be an indicator of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic can be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Mcgregor at Overlook, 12.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Mcgregor at Overlook, 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term care residents who are prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Mcgregor at Overlook, 21.39% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who are showing depressive symptoms. Many in the industry would argue this is a measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Mcgregor at Overlook, 88.91% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Mcgregor at Overlook, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the erosion of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Mcgregor at Overlook, 12.66% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that retained mobility levels. Many in the industry argue that mobility is critical to patients physical and mental health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Mcgregor at Overlook, 12.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Cleveland, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cleveland, Ohio has 24 other nursing homes
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.54 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 0.54 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 1.2 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.96 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.63 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.67 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 5.91 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.21 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- Community Dialysis Center0.71 miles away11717 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 80 (216) 229-1100
- Fmc - Cleveland Clinic East0.77 miles away2429 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Cleveland Ohio 44104CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 56 (216) 368-0004
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group Home Dialysis Program0.77 miles away2429 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive 2nd Floor Cleveland Ohio 44120Dialysis Stations: 5 (216) 421-1013
- University Hospitals of Cleveland - Dialysis1.21 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue, Suite 2100 Cleveland Ohio 44106Dialysis Stations: 20 (216) 844-1585
- Davita - Shaker Square Dialysis1.41 miles away12800 Shaker Blvd, Ste. 1 Cleveland Ohio 44120CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (216) 491-4867
- Cleveland Clinic Childrens Hosp for Rehabilitation1.51 miles away2801 Martin Luther King Jr Dr Cleveland Ohio 44104Dialysis Stations: 8 (216) 444-6123
- Fmc - Huron Dialysis Center1.75 miles away13944 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44112Dialysis Stations: 22 (216) 541-5880
- Comunity Dialysis Center2.29 miles away1370 Addison Road Cleveland Ohio 44103CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (216) 431-0668