Mcclay Senior Care is a senior living facility in Saint Peters, Missouri. This city has a population of 70,828 people. This is a great nursing home. We gave this it an overall grade of B+, which is a well above average rating. This place definitely has plenty going for it. The best part of this nursing home's strong profile is its nursing grade. We discuss nursing in the next paragraph
Mcclay Senior Care
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
3801 Mcclay Road,
Saint Peters MO 63376
80.66% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this place received a great overall grade is that it received a very impressive nursing score. Nursing actually turned out to be its best category. In that category, we gave this facility an A-. In calculating our nursing grades, we look at both nursing hours and the training levels of those nurses. With 4.1 hours of nursing care per patient daily, this nursing home surpassed the overwhelming majority of nursing homes. Finally, this place also excelled in several quality measures we looked at. With less than five percent of its residents suffering from pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its profile, this nursing home also earned a grade of B+ for its short-term care rating. This is an above average score in this category. In determining our short-term care grades, we look at a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. This grade is considered to be a useful assessment of the nursing home's rehabilitation. This nursing home boosted its score in this category by offering more than 50% more physical therapy hours to its residents than the average facility. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who returned home from this nursing home. It performed better than most nursing homes with 51.6 percent of its patients returning home.
Does this page answer your questions about Mcclay Senior Care?
We also wanted to emphasize this facility's nearly flawless inspections in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of B+ in this category. Our inspection grades are tied to datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that excel in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. You can't do much better than a deficiency-free inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed is long-term care. We awarded this nursing home one of our higher scores in that category, with a B. This nursing home ended up being relatively strong in each category we looked at. Long-term care grades in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. After assessing the significant amount of nursing hours provided by this facility, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 99.187 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is significantly higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. This combination proved to be effective as this nursing home keeps its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 1.38 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Mcclay Senior Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Mcclay Senior Care, 9.56% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Mcclay Senior Care, 4.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Major falls leading to injury are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Mcclay Senior Care, 3.44% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Mcclay Senior Care, 20.38% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used to treat a variety of medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Mcclay Senior Care, 24.28% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Mcclay Senior Care, 4.04% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients demonstrating depressive symptoms. Some believe that this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Mcclay Senior Care, 89.97% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Mcclay Senior Care, 14.55% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Mcclay Senior Care, 15.54% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Mcclay Senior Care, 1.62 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Mcclay Senior Care, 15.54 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Mcclay Senior Care, 11.99 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Mcclay Senior Care, 72.55% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Barnes-Jewish St Peters HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.48 miles away10 Hospital Dr Saint Peters Missouri 63376Voluntary non-profit - Other(636) 916-9000
- Ssm Health St Joseph Hospital-St CharlesAcute Care Hospitals 5.62 miles away300 1st Capitol Dr Saint Charles Missouri 63301Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 947-5000
- Progress West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.73 miles away2 Progress Point Pkwy O Fallon Missouri 63368Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 344-1000
- Ssm Health Depaul Hospital St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 8.2 miles away12303 Depaul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 344-6000
- St Lukes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.31 miles away232 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield Missouri 63017Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 434-1500
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.4 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- Ssm Health Saint Joseph Hospital-Lake Saint LouisAcute Care Hospitals 10.72 miles away100 Medical Plaza Lake Saint Louis Missouri 63367Voluntary non-profit - Church(636) 625-5200
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.28 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Us Renal Care St Charles Dialysis2.43 miles away2655 Muegge Road Suite 101 Saint Charles Missouri 63303Dialysis Stations: 12 (636) 447-2490
- St Peters Dialysis2.54 miles away300 1st Executive Ave #A Saint Peters Missouri 63376Dialysis Stations: 12 (636) 441-6070
- Saint Charles County Dialysis3.27 miles away335 Mid Rivers Mall Dr Saint Peters Missouri 63376Dialysis Stations: 21 (636) 970-3730
- Fresenius Medical Services O Fallon6.79 miles away4663 Highway K O Fallon Missouri 63368Dialysis Stations: 12 (636) 300-4036
- Villa of Waterbury7.62 miles away929 Waterbury Falls Drive O Fallon Missouri 63368Dialysis Stations: 6 (636) 329-0697
- Creve Coeur Dialysis Center8.23 miles away1009 Executive Pkwy #100 Saint Louis Missouri 63141CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (314) 434-4770
- Fmc - Bridgeton8.67 miles away12380 Natural Bridge Rd Bridgeton Missouri 63044Dialysis Stations: 21 (314) 344-3020
- Quality Care Dialysis Centers - Bridgeton9.68 miles away12484 St. Charles Rock Rd Bridgeton Missouri 63044Dialysis Stations: 14 (314) 298-0320