With an address in Saint Peters, Missouri, Mcclay Senior Care is one of just three available facilities in this city. This is a quality facility, with an overall grade of B+. This nursing home truly has plenty going for it. If you look below, you will see this place's category grades, which are also impressive.
Mcclay Senior Care
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
Best Nursing Home in Saint Peters, Missouri Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall score, this nursing home also received an elite nursing rating. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with an A. In determining a nursing home's nursing rating, we assess the quantity of hours nurses spend with patients and the levels of training of those nurses. This facility provided 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as having a protocol of turning a patient even once per day.
Adding to its impressive profile, this facility also performed at a high level in the area of inspections. In fact, it earned a nearly flawless government inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that area with an B+. Our inspection scores weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this category usually have few of these severe deficiencies. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. This is really what you want to see in this important metric.
Does this page answer your questions about Mcclay Senior Care?
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed was short-term care. This nursing home was awarded an above average short-term care grade, with a B+ in this area. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we size up a facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other types of therapists. This score is typically a reliable assessment of the nursing home's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 4.5 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we rated is long-term care. We awarded this nursing home one of our higher scores in this area, with a grade of B. This facility turned out to be relatively strong in each area we assessed. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. On top of considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 98.16514 percent of its patients. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents out of the hospital. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Mcclay Senior Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Mcclay Senior Care, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Mcclay Senior Care, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who suffered falls resulting in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Mcclay Senior Care, 3.39% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term patients which sustained urinary tract infections. While a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is difficult to compare between nursing homes due to varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Mcclay Senior Care, 20.47% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who are given antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such drugs aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Mcclay Senior Care, 24.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are typically used to treat patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Mcclay Senior Care, 4.19% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Mcclay Senior Care, 88.53% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Mcclay Senior Care, 14.79% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Mcclay Senior Care, 14.68% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Mcclay Senior Care, 1.7 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Mcclay Senior Care, 14.68 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Mcclay Senior Care, 11.55 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Mcclay Senior Care, 72.81% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living usually correlates with better rehabilitation services.
- Barnes-Jewish St Peters HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.48 miles away10 Hospital Dr Saint Peters Missouri 63376Voluntary non-profit - Other(636) 916-9000
- Ssm Health St Joseph Hospital-St CharlesAcute Care Hospitals 5.62 miles away300 1st Capitol Dr Saint Charles Missouri 63301Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 947-5000
- Progress West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.73 miles away2 Progress Point Pkwy O Fallon Missouri 63368Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 344-1000
- Ssm Health Depaul Hospital St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 8.2 miles away12303 Depaul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 344-6000
- St Lukes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.31 miles away232 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield Missouri 63017Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 434-1500
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.4 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- Ssm Health Saint Joseph Hospital-Lake Saint LouisAcute Care Hospitals 10.72 miles away100 Medical Plaza Lake Saint Louis Missouri 63367Voluntary non-profit - Church(636) 625-5200
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.28 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Us Renal Care St Charles Dialysis2.43 miles away2655 Muegge Road Suite 101 Saint Charles Missouri 63303Dialysis Stations: 12 (636) 447-2490
- St Peters Dialysis2.54 miles away300 1st Executive Ave #A Saint Peters Missouri 63376Dialysis Stations: 12 (636) 441-6070
- Saint Charles County Dialysis3.27 miles away335 Mid Rivers Mall Dr Saint Peters Missouri 63376Dialysis Stations: 21 (636) 970-3730
- Fresenius Medical Services O Fallon6.79 miles away4663 Highway K O Fallon Missouri 63368Dialysis Stations: 12 (636) 300-4036
- Villa of Waterbury7.62 miles away929 Waterbury Falls Drive O Fallon Missouri 63368Dialysis Stations: 6 (636) 329-0697
- Creve Coeur Dialysis Center8.23 miles away1009 Executive Pkwy #100 Saint Louis Missouri 63141CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (314) 434-4770
- Fmc - Bridgeton8.67 miles away12380 Natural Bridge Rd Bridgeton Missouri 63044Dialysis Stations: 21 (314) 344-3020
- Quality Care Dialysis Centers - Bridgeton9.68 miles away12484 St. Charles Rock Rd Bridgeton Missouri 63044Dialysis Stations: 14 (314) 298-0320