Mcauley Hall Health Care Cente is the lone nursing home we found in Watchung, New Jersey. Sporting an overall grade of A, this is clearly an elite facility. This is just about as good of a nursing home as you're going to find. If you scroll down, you will see this nursing home's category scores, which are also strong.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Mcauley Hall Health Care Cente
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Watchung senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall rating, this facility received an A+ inspection score. This score is based on the facility's recent inspection reports. An A+ in this area is one of the highest complements we can pay to a facility. Inspection scores weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better grades in this category typically have very few of these severe deficiencies. This facility received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This tells you that the government inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to cause an imminent risk to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
This nursing home also received an A+ for its nursing grade. Nursing grades are mostly tied to a nursing home's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Mcauley Hall Health Care Cente?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received a impressive long-term care score. In fact, this ended up being this nursing home's third strongest category score. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Facilities that receive this type of grade in long-term care tend to provide consistent around the clock care to make sure patients are well cared for. After considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 96.414345 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we graded is short-term care. We awarded this nursing home one of our more favorable grades in this category, with a grade of B. While this is not as high as a few of this facility's other grades, it is still a perfectly acceptable grade. With our short-term care rating, we attempt to craft a meaningful measure for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we assess the facility's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 4.4 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Mcauley Hall Health Care Cente Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Mcauley Hall Health Care Cente, 2.38% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Mcauley Hall Health Care Cente, 3.98% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that have had a fall resulting in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Mcauley Hall Health Care Cente, 0.85% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely linked to a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this statistic can be skewed for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Mcauley Hall Health Care Cente, 15.79% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents which are administered antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. However, some facilities may need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of residents with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Mcauley Hall Health Care Cente, 15.38% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Mcauley Hall Health Care Cente, 3.28% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients who are showing signs of depression. Some would argue this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Mcauley Hall Health Care Cente, 97.84% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Mcauley Hall Health Care Cente, 8.82% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate the erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Mcauley Hall Health Care Cente, 9.61% of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term residents that maintained mobility.
In Mcauley Hall Health Care Cente, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is critical to the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Mcauley Hall Health Care Cente, 9.61% of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Mcauley Hall Health Care Cente, 0% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Mcauley Hall Health Care Cente, 82.83% of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Overlook Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.71 miles away99 Beauvoir Avenue Summit New Jersey 07902Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 522-2000
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at RahwayAcute Care Hospitals 6.66 miles away865 Stone St Rahway New Jersey 07065Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 381-4200
- Jfk Medical Ctr - Anthony M. Yelencsics CommunityAcute Care Hospitals 6.83 miles away65 James Street Edison New Jersey 08818Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 321-7000
- Saint Barnabas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.24 miles away94 Old Short Hills Road Livingston New Jersey 07039Voluntary non-profit - Other(973) 322-5000
- Saint Peter's University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.28 miles away254 Easton Ave New Brunswick New Jersey 08901Voluntary non-profit - Church(732) 745-8600
- Morristown Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.32 miles away100 Madison Ave Morristown New Jersey 07960Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 971-5000
- Trinitas Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.39 miles away225 Williamson Street Elizabeth New Jersey 07207Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 994-5000
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital SomersetAcute Care Hospitals 10.93 miles away110 Rehill Ave Somerville New Jersey 08876Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 685-2200
- Dva Plainfield Dialysis Center2.61 miles away1200 Randolph Road Kenyon House Plainfield New Jersey 07060CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (908) 757-6030
- Dva Summit Dialysis Ctr4.45 miles away1139 Spruce Drive Mountainside New Jersey 07092CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (908) 232-7800
- Fmc So Plainfield4.6 miles away2201 S Clinton Ave South Plainfield New Jersey 07080Dialysis Stations: 15 (908) 668-8007
- Fmc Edison5.46 miles away2 Olsen Ave Edison New Jersey 08820Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 549-3286
- Dva Edison5.9 miles away29 Meridian Road Edison New Jersey 08820CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (732) 205-9883
- Davita Durham Corners6.05 miles away241 Durham Avenue South Plainfield New Jersey 07080CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (908) 222-2971
- Trinitas Cranford Dialysis6.53 miles away205 Birchwood Ave Cranford New Jersey 07016Dialysis Stations: 9 (908) 402-2000
- Davita Rahway6.97 miles away800 Harrison Street Rahway New Jersey 07065Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 680-0370