Mcauley Hall Health Care Cente is the lone nursing home we found in Watchung, New Jersey. Sporting an overall grade of A, this is clearly an elite facility. This is just about as good of a nursing home as you're going to find. If you scroll down, you will see this nursing home's category scores, which are also strong.
Mcauley Hall Health Care Cente
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall rating, this facility received an A+ inspection score. This score is based on the facility's recent inspection reports. An A+ in this area is one of the highest complements we can pay to a facility. Inspection scores weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better grades in this category typically have very few of these severe deficiencies. This facility received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This tells you that the government inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to cause an imminent risk to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
This nursing home also received an A+ for its nursing grade. Nursing grades are mostly tied to a nursing home's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Mcauley Hall Health Care Cente?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received a impressive long-term care score. In fact, this ended up being this nursing home's third strongest category score. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Facilities that receive this type of grade in long-term care tend to provide consistent around the clock care to make sure patients are well cared for. After considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 95.66929 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we graded was short-term care, where this facility was awarded a grade of B+. This topped off a very impressive profile. Few facilities earned a B+ or better in all four categories. In our short-term care assessment, we seek to forge a meaningful measure for rehabilitation services. In this process, we analyze the nursing home's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Mcauley Hall Health Care Cente Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Mcauley Hall Health Care Cente, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure measures the percent of long-term stay residents who developed pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a great indicator of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Mcauley Hall Health Care Cente, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of long-term care residents who suffered a fall leading to major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Mcauley Hall Health Care Cente, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Mcauley Hall Health Care Cente, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that were prescribed antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs are not medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Mcauley Hall Health Care Cente, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Mcauley Hall Health Care Cente, 5.95% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Mcauley Hall Health Care Cente, 91.97% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Mcauley Hall Health Care Cente, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Mcauley Hall Health Care Cente, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Mcauley Hall Health Care Cente, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Mcauley Hall Health Care Cente, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Mcauley Hall Health Care Cente, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Mcauley Hall Health Care Cente, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Overlook Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.71 miles away99 Beauvoir Avenue Summit New Jersey 07902Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 522-2000
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at RahwayAcute Care Hospitals 6.66 miles away865 Stone St Rahway New Jersey 07065Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 381-4200
- Jfk Medical Ctr - Anthony M. Yelencsics CommunityAcute Care Hospitals 6.83 miles away65 James Street Edison New Jersey 08818Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 321-7000
- Saint Barnabas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.24 miles away94 Old Short Hills Road Livingston New Jersey 07039Voluntary non-profit - Other(973) 322-5000
- Saint Peter's University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.28 miles away254 Easton Ave New Brunswick New Jersey 08901Voluntary non-profit - Church(732) 745-8600
- Morristown Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.32 miles away100 Madison Ave Morristown New Jersey 07960Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 971-5000
- Trinitas Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.39 miles away225 Williamson Street Elizabeth New Jersey 07207Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 994-5000
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital SomersetAcute Care Hospitals 10.93 miles away110 Rehill Ave Somerville New Jersey 08876Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 685-2200
- Dva Plainfield Dialysis Center2.61 miles away1200 Randolph Road Kenyon House Plainfield New Jersey 07060CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (908) 757-6030
- Dva Summit Dialysis Ctr4.45 miles away1139 Spruce Drive Mountainside New Jersey 07092CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (908) 232-7800
- Fmc So Plainfield4.6 miles away2201 S Clinton Ave South Plainfield New Jersey 07080Dialysis Stations: 15 (908) 668-8007
- Fmc Edison5.46 miles away2 Olsen Ave Edison New Jersey 08820Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 549-3286
- Dva Edison5.9 miles away29 Meridian Road Edison New Jersey 08820CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (732) 205-9883
- Davita Durham Corners6.05 miles away241 Durham Avenue South Plainfield New Jersey 07080CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (908) 222-2971
- Trinitas Cranford Dialysis6.53 miles away205 Birchwood Ave Cranford New Jersey 07016Dialysis Stations: 9 (908) 402-2000
- Davita Rahway6.97 miles away800 Harrison Street Rahway New Jersey 07065Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 680-0370