Maywood Skilled Nursing & Wellness Centre is a large facility in Maywood, California. We awarded this facility an overall grade of B+. A grade of this caliber requires strong marks in most areas. This facility definitely has plenty working in its favor. The best part of this nursing home's profile was is its long-term care score. Long-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
Maywood Skilled Nursing & Wellness Centre
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. Nursing homes that do well in long-term care typically provide residents with closer supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. After assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 98.85058 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients healthy. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
This nursing home also excelled in inspections. In fact, we gave it a grade of A- for that area, which is one of our best scores. This is one of the few facilities with an overall grade in this range which earned multiple category grades this high. Perhaps the most important factor we look at in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. Although this place had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Maywood Skilled Nursing & Wellness Centre?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B. The nursing grade is based on several datapoints, many of which are associated with quantities of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we assessed was nursing, ended up being this facility's weakest category. We awarded this facility a D in this area. This was one of the few dings on a very solid report card. Short-term care grades are commonly used to score a facility's rehabilitation services. To provide highly graded rehabilitation services, facilities generally must have higher levels of highly skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. In this nursing home's case, it looks like it offered fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than the typical facility. Finally, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 2.4 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Maywood Skilled Nursing & Wellness Centre Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Maywood Skilled Nursing & Wellness Centre, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term patients who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are an indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Maywood Skilled Nursing & Wellness Centre, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Maywood Skilled Nursing & Wellness Centre, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely the result of facilities with worst hygiene practices. Better hygiene protocols can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Maywood Skilled Nursing & Wellness Centre, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who were given antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely on these medications due to having more residents suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Maywood Skilled Nursing & Wellness Centre, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term care residents that are prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are commonly given to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Maywood Skilled Nursing & Wellness Centre, 4.64% of Patients
This is the percent of residents exhibiting symptoms of depression. Increased rates of depression could reveal lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Maywood Skilled Nursing & Wellness Centre, 95.44% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Maywood Skilled Nursing & Wellness Centre, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of the erosion of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Maywood Skilled Nursing & Wellness Centre, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Maywood Skilled Nursing & Wellness Centre, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Maywood Skilled Nursing & Wellness Centre, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Maywood Skilled Nursing & Wellness Centre, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Maywood Skilled Nursing & Wellness Centre, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Community Hospital of Huntington ParkAcute Care Hospitals 2.09 miles away2623 E Slauson Ave Huntington Park California 90255Proprietary(323) 583-1931
- Los Angeles Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.37 miles away4081 E Olympic Blvd Los Angeles California 90023Proprietary(323) 267-0477
- Pih Hospital - DowneyAcute Care Hospitals 4.74 miles away11500 Brookshire Avenue Downey California 90241Voluntary non-profit - Private(526) 904-5000
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.2 miles away1680 East 120th Street Los Angeles California 90059Voluntary non-profit - Private(424) 835-6808
- Lac+Usc Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.39 miles away1200 N State St, Room c2k100 Los Angeles California 90033Government - Local(323) 226-2800
- Beverly HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.42 miles away309 W Beverly Blvd Montebello California 90640Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 726-1222
- California Hospital Medical Center LaAcute Care Hospitals 5.79 miles away1401 South Grand Avenue Los Angeles California 90015Voluntary non-profit - Other(213) 748-2411
- Garfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.79 miles away525 N Garfield Ave Monterey Park California 91754Proprietary(626) 573-2222
- Davita-Premier Dialysis Center1.54 miles away7612 Atlantic Avenue Bell Gardens California 90201CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (323) 562-5511
- Davita-Huntington Park Dialysis2.23 miles away5942 Rugby Avenue Huntington Park California 90255CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (323) 585-7605
- Fmc-Rai-East Olympic-Los Angeles2.37 miles away5714 East Olympic Blvd. Los Angeles California 90022Dialysis Stations: 24 (323) 887-0841
- Satellite Healthcare South Gate2.69 miles away8716 Garfield Avenue, Suite 100 South Gate California 90280CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (562) 674-2600
- Davita-Doctors Dialysis Center of East Los Angeles2.74 miles away950 S. Eastern Avenue Los Angeles California 90022CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (323) 262-2229
- Davita South Gate Dialysis2.99 miles away9848 Atlantic Avenue South Gate California 90280Dialysis Stations: 25 (323) 569-1035
- Davita-Imperial Care Dialysis Center3.67 miles away4345 E. Imperial Highway Lynwood California 90262CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (310) 900-0333
- Davita-Kidney Dialysis Care Unit3.71 miles away3600 E. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Lynwood California 90262CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (310) 886-5156