Mayfair Village Nursing Care Center is a facility in Columbus, Ohio which has a total of 783,285 people. This nursing home received an overall grade of D in our grading scheme. If you aren't happy with this facility's overall grade, you should be able to find a better option in Columbus. The city has at least 10 other nursing homes. More information on this nursing home's category grades may be found below. Its best category is short-term care, which is addressed in the next section.
Mayfair Village Nursing Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
3000 Bethel Rd,
Columbus OH 43230
78.48% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
Although we gave this facility a poor overall score, we gave it a fairly respectable score in our short-term care rating, where it received a B-. This was certainly better than its other grades. In forming these short-term care scores, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The goal is to create a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different facilities. This nursing home provides more services with physical therapists and registered nurses than most nursing homes we looked at. This is usually a favorable sign. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.6 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
We were also pleasantly surprised to award this nursing home a relatively favorable health inspection score as well. We gave it a respectable grade of B- in this category, which was much better than its overall grade. Our inspection scores are based on datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important thing to look for on these reports. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to resident safety. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Does this page answer your questions about Mayfair Village Nursing Care Center?
This nursing home actually received a decent grade in the area of nursing as well. We awarded it a grade of C for that category, which is not a bad score. Nursing grades are primarily associated with a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, while this place got docked a bit for its nursing hours, it excelled in a few of our quality measures. With fewer than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it did well in this subcategory.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we assessed was long-term care. This nursing home received a poor grade of F in that area. Long-term care ratings in this range generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids, as well as the levels of routine medical care available. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 93.59431 percent of its residents. This is a bit less than we were hoping for but still a reasonably acceptable figure. To our surprise, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Mayfair Village Nursing Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Mayfair Village Nursing Care Center, 7.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Mayfair Village Nursing Care Center, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision reduces the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Mayfair Village Nursing Care Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often linked to a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this datapoint may also be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Mayfair Village Nursing Care Center, 12.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents that were administered antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these medications due to having more residents with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Mayfair Village Nursing Care Center, 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Mayfair Village Nursing Care Center, 21.39% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Mayfair Village Nursing Care Center, 88.91% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Mayfair Village Nursing Care Center, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and taking a bath. Many in the industry believe this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Mayfair Village Nursing Care Center, 12.66% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term patients who were able to retain mobility.
In Mayfair Village Nursing Care Center, 1.43 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Mayfair Village Nursing Care Center, 12.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Mayfair Village Nursing Care Center, 12.98 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Mayfair Village Nursing Care Center, 75.85% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Columbus, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Columbus, Ohio has 16 other nursing homes
- Dublin Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.16 miles away7500 Hospital Avenue Dublin Ohio 43016Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 544-8000
- Riverside Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.21 miles away3535 Olentangy River Rd Columbus Ohio 43214Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 566-5000
- Ohio State University HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 6.44 miles away410 West 10th Avenue Columbus Ohio 43210Government - State(614) 293-9700
- Twin Valley Behavioral HealthcarePsychiatric 7.86 miles away2200 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43223Government - Local(614) 752-0333
- Doctors HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.13 miles away5100 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43228Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 544-1000
- Mount Carmel WestAcute Care Hospitals 8.46 miles away793 West State Street Columbus Ohio 43222Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 234-5000
- Mount Carmel St Ann'sAcute Care Hospitals 8.63 miles away500 South Cleveland Avenue Westerville Ohio 43081Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 898-4000
- Grant Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.16 miles away111 South Grant Avenue Columbus Ohio 43215Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 566-9000
- Nxstage Kidney Care/Nxstage Columbus LLC2.49 miles away5665 Woerner Temple Road Dublin Ohio 43016Dialysis Stations: 10 (614) 915-3040
- Davita - Canal Winchester2.78 miles away3568 Gender Road Canal Winchester Ohio 43110Dialysis Stations: 13 (614) 834-3564
- Bio-Medical Applications of Ohio, Inc.3.12 miles away758 Communications Parkway Columbus Ohio 43217Dialysis Stations: 12 (614) 538-1060
- Davita - Columbus Dialysis4.03 miles away226 Graceland Blvd. - Suite 3-09a Columbus Ohio 43214CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (614) 985-1732
- Fmc - Columbus Northwest4.13 miles away6670 Perimeter Drive, Suite 180 Dublin Ohio 43016Dialysis Stations: 13 (614) 718-2863
- Davita - Dublin5.15 miles away6770 Perimeter Drive Dublin Ohio 43016Dialysis Stations: 12 (614) 798-8359
- Davita - Hilliard Station Dialysis5.41 miles away2447 Hilliard Rome Road Hilliard Ohio 43026Dialysis Stations: 13 (614) 876-3610
- Fmc-Campus Kidney Dialysis Center5.83 miles away1791 Kenny Rd. Columbus Ohio 43210Dialysis Stations: 17 (614) 487-9750