Maunalani Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is in Honolulu, Hawaii, which is one of the largest metropolitan areas in the country. With an A+ overall grade, we ranked this facility in the top five percentile of all nursing homes in the country. Even in a city featuring 19 other nursing homes, this nursing home stands out as a very fine choice. Keep reading to find this place's category ratings, which are equally impressive. You just can't do much better than a straight A report card.
Maunalani Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to a phenomenal overall grade, this facility also received A+ nursing grade. Nursing grades are mostly tied to a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was given a top-shelf short-term care score. This actually is this nursing home's second most impressive category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Our short-term care scores are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a vast scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last statistic we considered in this area is the number of residents that ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 6.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Maunalani Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received a high-end long-term care grade. In fact, this turned out to be this nursing home's third strongest category grade. In that area, this facility received a grade of A. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in long-term care it typically means it's well-staffed and is an overall good place to live on a permanent basis. After considering the quantity of nursing care, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 99.632355 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia is often a dangerous health condition for nursing home residents so we like it when a facility doesn't take any chances. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Finally, this facility also earned a nearly flawless inspection. As a result, it earned one of our highest grades in that category with an A. With this impressive grade, this place is one of the few nursing homes in Hawaii to receive straight A's. Inspection grades account for several factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher grades in this area tend to have very few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Maunalani Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Maunalani Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 5.65% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is is a measure of the percent of long-term residents which have pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a reliable measure of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Maunalani Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 2.15% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are often linked to lower levels of patient supervision. More supervision minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Maunalani Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 2.54% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often associated with lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Maunalani Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 8.93% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications may be used for several conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Maunalani Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 7.57% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Maunalani Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.47% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients exhibiting signs of depression. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Maunalani Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 97.19% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Maunalani Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 11.27% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate the deterioration of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Maunalani Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 21.75% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Maunalani Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 0.91 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is important to the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Maunalani Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 21.75 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Maunalani Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 7.15 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Maunalani Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 75.81% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Honolulu, HI
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Honolulu, Hawaii has 18 other nursing homes
- Kapiolani Medical Center for Women & ChildrenChildrens 2.99 miles away1319 Punahou Street Honolulu Hawaii 96826Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 983-6000
- Straub Clinic and HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.09 miles away888 So King Street Honolulu Hawaii 96813Proprietary(808) 522-4000
- The Queens Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.49 miles away1301 Punchbowl St Honolulu Hawaii 96813Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 538-9011
- Kuakini Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.02 miles away347 North Kuakini Street Honolulu Hawaii 96817Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 536-2236
- Adventist Health CastleAcute Care Hospitals 5.86 miles away640 Ulukahiki St Kailua Hawaii 96734Voluntary non-profit - Church(808) 263-5500
- Tripler Amc (Ft Shafter)Acute Care - Department of Defense 8.49 miles away1 Jarrett White Rd Tripler Army Medical Center Hawaii 96859Department of Defense(808) 433-2778
- Kaiser Foundation HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.29 miles away3288 Moanalua Rd Honolulu Hawaii 96819Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 432-0000
- Pali Momi Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.41 miles away98-1079 Moanalua Road Aiea Hawaii 96701Proprietary(808) 486-6000
- Kaimuki Dialysis1.27 miles away3625 Harding Avenue Honolulu Hawaii 96816CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (808) 735-2585
- Dsi Kapahulu Dialysis Center1.82 miles away750 Palani Avenue Honolulu Hawaii 96816CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (808) 732-7702
- Us Renal Care Beretania Dialysis2.71 miles away1908 South Beretania Street Honolulu Hawaii 96826Dialysis Stations: 17 (808) 947-2797
- Liberty Dialysis-Hawaii Ala Moana4.83 miles away500 Ala Moana Blvd, Suite 7302 Honolulu Hawaii 96813Dialysis Stations: 3 (808) 566-6388
- Dsi Honolulu Dialysis Center4.89 miles away226 N. Kuakini St Honolulu Hawaii 96817CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 54 (808) 545-3933
- Siemsen Dialysis Facility5.03 miles away2226 Liliha Street Suite 226 Honolulu Hawaii 96817CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 74 (808) 585-4660
- Dsi Aloha Dialysis Center5.25 miles away1520 Liliha Street, Suite 101 Honolulu Hawaii 96817CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (808) 531-1748
- Liberty Dialysis Hawaii5.81 miles away7192 Kalanianaole Hwy Suite Q-101 Honolulu Hawaii 96825Dialysis Stations: 24 (808) 394-6274