Masonic Village at Warminster is a nursing home located in Warminster, Pennsylvania, which has a population of 40,953 people. This facility appears to be among the higher-rated facilities we assessed. A score in this range requires very strong marks across the board. In our view, this facility should be a great choice for most people. This place's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection rating, which we will address in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Masonic Village at Warminster
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Warminster senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its favorable overall grade, we awarded this nursing home an A+ for our inspection category. Inspection grades are based on datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that score well in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
To complement its high-end performance in other areas, we awarded this facility a score of A- for its long-term care score. When facilities receive a score in this range in this category it typically means it has plenty of staff and is a quality place to live on a permanent basis. Once we assessed the volume of nursing care, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia tragically can be a life or death ailment for nursing home patients so we like it when a facility does not roll the dice on this issue. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Masonic Village at Warminster?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility is also strong in the area of short-term care, where it received a grade of B+. It outperformed most facilities in this area. In the area of short-term care, we attempt to assess indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We analyze a facility's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last measure we considered in this area is the percentage of patients that ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
The final category we looked at turned out to be this nursing home's weakest category. Nevertheless, even in its weakest link we still gave it a respectable grade of B- in our nursing category. We scrutinized the levels of nurses working for the nursing home, as well as the quantity of time the nurses spent with residents, in determining our grade in this category. This facility averages just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident each day, which is a very low figure. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place fared better in some of the quality measures we looked at. It performed well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Masonic Village at Warminster Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Masonic Village at Warminster, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Masonic Village at Warminster, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls leading to injury are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Masonic Village at Warminster, 1.85% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percent of long-term patients that experienced urinary tract infections. UTI's could be an indication of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this statistic can also be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Masonic Village at Warminster, 15.28% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients that are administered antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such medications aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Masonic Village at Warminster, 18.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Masonic Village at Warminster, 3.3% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents showing depressive symptoms. High rates of depression may indicate worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Masonic Village at Warminster, 86.27% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Masonic Village at Warminster, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Masonic Village at Warminster, 17.92% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term care patients who remained mobile levels. Many argue that the ability to move around is critical to patients physical and mental health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Masonic Village at Warminster, 17.92 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Masonic Village at Warminster, 9.68 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Masonic Village at Warminster, 73.03% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living usually correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 5 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- Doylestown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.46 miles away595 West State St Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 345-2200
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.87 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Holy Redeemer Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.55 miles away1648 Huntingdon Pike Jenkintown Pennsylvania 19046Voluntary non-profit - Church(215) 947-3000
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.14 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- Jeanes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.29 miles away7600 Central Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 728-2000
- Chestnut Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.31 miles away8835 Germantown Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118Proprietary(215) 248-8200
- Nazareth HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.37 miles away2601 Holme Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19152Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 335-6000
- Davita Franklin Commons Dialysis1.94 miles away720 Johnsville Boulevard, Suite 800 Warminster Pennsylvania 18974CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 682-7691
- Liberty Dialysis - Doylestown3.86 miles away2800 Kelly Road, Suite 110 Warrington Pennsylvania 18976CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 488-7226
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abington4.43 miles away1036 Easton Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 657-5595
- Davita Willow Grove Dialysis4.91 miles away1849 Davisville Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 659-3426
- Davita - Abington Dialysis5.11 miles away3940-a Commerce Avenue Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (215) 830-1115
- Belmont Court Dialysis - Doylestown Campus6.97 miles away252 Belmont Avenue Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Dialysis Stations: 22 (215) 348-7333
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abramson8.62 miles away1425 Horsham Rd North Wales Pennsylvania 19454Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 646-3525
- Davita - Wyncote Dialysis8.89 miles awayCedarbrook Plaza 1000 Easton Road, Suite 250 Wyncote Pennsylvania 19095CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 884-3398