Masonic Village at Sewickley is a large non-profit facility in Sewickley, Pennsylvania. It looks like this nursing home is ranked among the best nursing homes we looked at. A score in this range requires top-notch marks across the board. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top 20 percent of all nursing homes in the nation. Headlining this facility's remarkable report card is its inspection score, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Masonic Village at Sewickley
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Sewickley senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Arguably the most important factor we look at in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with better grades in this area typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also want to note the fact that this nursing home was given a high-end score of A in our long-term care area. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 98.382744 percent of its residents. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents out of the hospital. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Masonic Village at Sewickley?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category. When determining our nursing ratings, we weigh both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the skill levels of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
In the last category we analyzed, this nursing home was given an impressive grade grade of B+ in our short-term care category. With this score, the facility wrapped up a first-rate report card. Short-term care scores are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of skilled nursing services. This includes a vast spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 3.7 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Masonic Village at Sewickley Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Masonic Village at Sewickley, 4.92% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients which are suffering from pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a great barometer of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Masonic Village at Sewickley, 8.63% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Masonic Village at Sewickley, 1.62% of Patients had UTIs
This figure tells you the percent of long-term patients who have suffered from a urinary tract infection. While more of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it is problematic to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Masonic Village at Sewickley, 10.68% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term care patients which were given antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Masonic Village at Sewickley, 5.28% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure measures the percent of long-term stay patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Masonic Village at Sewickley, 0% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Masonic Village at Sewickley, 98.94% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Masonic Village at Sewickley, 12.94% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Masonic Village at Sewickley, 13.73% of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who were able to retain mobility. Many in the industry believe that mobility is critical to patients well-being.
In Masonic Village at Sewickley, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Masonic Village at Sewickley, 13.73% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Masonic Village at Sewickley, 5.12% of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Masonic Village at Sewickley, 74.58% of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements.
- Heritage Valley SewickleyAcute Care Hospitals 2.14 miles away720 Blackburn Road Sewickley Pennsylvania 15143Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 741-7000
- Ohio Valley General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.64 miles away25 Heckel Road Mc Kees Rocks Pennsylvania 15136Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 777-6161
- Upmc PassavantAcute Care Hospitals 7.21 miles away9100 Babcock Boulevard Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15237Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 367-6700
- Allegheny General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.79 miles away320 East North Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15212Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 359-3131
- Upmc MercyAcute Care Hospitals 10.32 miles away1400 Locust Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15219Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 232-8111
- West Penn HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.18 miles away4800 Friendship Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15224Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 578-5000
- Upmc Presbyterian ShadysideAcute Care Hospitals 11.18 miles away200 Lothrop Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 647-8788
- St Clair HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.18 miles away1000 Bower Hill Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15243Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 942-4000
- Davita Thorn Run Dialysis3.07 miles away1136 Thorn Run Road, Suite j1 Coraopolis Pennsylvania 15108Dialysis Stations: 15 (412) 269-2304
- Davita Avonworth Dialysis4.07 miles away259 Mt. Nebo Pointe Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15237Dialysis Stations: 9 (412) 364-3238
- Dci of North Borough Clinic4.9 miles away100 South Jackson Avenue, 7th Central Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15202Dialysis Stations: 8 (412) 766-6590
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Ohio Valley5.5 miles awayRobinson Plaza, Building #3 Route 60, Suite 110 Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15205CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (412) 494-6902
- Ara - Dialysis Unit at Ohio Valley Hospital LLC5.89 miles awayMedical Arts Building 27 Heckel Road, Suite 113 Mc Kees Rocks Pennsylvania 15136Dialysis Stations: 14 (412) 331-2423
- Total Renal Care Inc5.89 miles away5888 Steubenville Pike, Suite 4 Mc Kees Rocks Pennsylvania 15136Dialysis Stations: 5 (412) 787-0314
- Dci of North Hills6.32 miles away3412 Babcock Boulevard Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15237CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (412) 635-0211
- Liberty Dialysis - Hopewell7.06 miles away400 Corporation Drive Aliquippa Pennsylvania 15001Dialysis Stations: 22 (724) 378-6304